Page 9 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More random reflections on 2020 draft prospects:

-I think Saddiq Bey has peaked. Now sure how far he can take his game with his limited athleticism and subpar ball handling. You get what you pay for with these 3 and D types.

-Isaac Okoro hasn't really done anything impressive with his 32 minutes per game of playing time, has he? Was projected to be a poor shooter, not improving much there. We've got to be careful with these non-shooting type prospects, most notably Scottie Barnes.

-I thought Precious Achiuwa had some stretch ability but the Heat hasn't even allowed him to take a single 3. This is another example of why I don't buy Kai Jones' "unicorn" abilities.

-Several late first rounders (Jaden McDaniels, Xavier Tillman, Desmond Bane, Immanuel Quickley) are outperforming their lottery counterparts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're now in the lottery at pick #14.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're now in the lottery at pick #14.

We are 17 now, if i'm right.

I want to talk about a prospect i like, Roko Prkacin. What people think of this guy ?

Stats ( Adriatic league playing with Cibona Zagreb) : 13 pts 6.7 rebounds 1,5 ast 0.9 stl 0.6 block 48% shooting 35% 3 PTS ( 3 attempts per game) 65% FT

He's a 18 yrs old, 6'9 , 210 lbs, 7'0 wingspan.

Second video is from last year.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 04-05-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking forward to the championship game tonight. At least 4 first round picks in this year's draft in that game. I'm interested to see how Mitc and Butler match up against Suggs and Kispert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I want to talk about a prospect i really like, Roko Prkacin. What people think of this guy ?

Stats ( Adriatic league playing with Cibona Zagreb) : 13 pts 6.7 rebounds 1,5 ast 0.9 stl 0.6 block 48% shooting 35% 3 PTS ( 3 attempts per game) 65% FT

I think he's a nice 2nd round pick with upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he's a nice 2nd round pick with upside.

He will be a steal in the 2 nd round , a reach in the top 15 and a nice pick up in the end of the first round imo.

he's more advanced than samanic at the same age for example and playing the same position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be a steal in the 2 nd round , a reach in the top 15 and a nice pick up in the end of the first round imo.

he's more advanced than samanic at the same age for example and playing the same position.
    He could be...I don't think his athleticism is where Samanic was but, I also see him more as a 3 and Samanic more of a 4.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More random reflections on 2020 draft prospects:

-I think Saddiq Bey has peaked. Now sure how far he can take his game with his limited athleticism and subpar ball handling. You get what you pay for with these 3 and D types.

-Isaac Okoro hasn't really done anything impressive with his 32 minutes per game of playing time, has he? Was projected to be a poor shooter, not improving much there. We've got to be careful with these non-shooting type prospects, most notably Scottie Barnes.

-I thought Precious Achiuwa had some stretch ability but the Heat hasn't even allowed him to take a single 3. This is another example of why I don't buy Kai Jones' "unicorn" abilities.

-Several late first rounders (Jaden McDaniels, Xavier Tillman, Desmond Bane, Immanuel Quickley) are outperforming their lottery counterparts.
    Last year's draft may look better than this year's draft. Everyone said there were lots of quality players. I really wanted us to trade some asset to get some late first round picks instead of doing nothing. Jaden McDaniels was a perfect target. Has star potential, bust as well, but that's the beauty of a pick in the 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year's draft may look better than this year's draft. Everyone said there were lots of quality players. I really wanted us to trade some asset to get some late first round picks instead of doing nothing. Jaden McDaniels was a perfect target. Has star potential, bust as well, but that's the beauty of a pick in the 20s.
    My dream scenarios:

If a miracle happens with the Spurs winning the lottery with a 2% chance, I want them to draft either Kuminga or Cade.

If the Spurs draft somewhere between 8 to 15, get Franz.

If the Spurs plan to get two draft picks in the first round, get Franz and Giddey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dream scenarios:

If a miracle happens with the Spurs winning the lottery with a 2% chance, I want them to draft either Kuminga or Cade.

If the Spurs draft somewhere between 8 to 15, get Franz.

If the Spurs plan to get two draft picks in the first round, get Franz and Giddey.
    I'm with you on Cade and Kuminga...Mobley is next for me.... I Luke Franz at 5 or lower.... I don't think I'd like the fit of Franz and Giddey... either are fine but if I had two picks and got one of them I'd prioritize shooting on my other pick...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm with you on Cade and Kuminga...Mobley is next for me.... I Luke Franz at 5 or lower.... I don't think I'd like the fit of Franz and Giddey... either are fine but if I had two picks and got one of them I'd prioritize shooting on my other pick...
    I forgot option 4... If Franz is gone where they're picking between 8-15, draft Giddey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I want to talk about a prospect i like, Roko Prkacin. What people think of this guy ?

We're 14th: http://www.tankathon.com/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO
    1) If we get lucky with the lottery (top 4) my preference order is: Mobley, Cade, Green, Kuminga, Suggs (in that order for me).
    2) If not, I would take Sengun if he's there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year's draft may look better than this year's draft.
    it's the opposite imo, how you can say that ? In all cases we probably need 2 3 years to see who is correct

you're right, we have a better record than three teams but they are out of lottery cause they're playoffs teams.

IMO
    1) If we get lucky with the lottery (top 4) my preference order is: Mobley, Cade, Green, Kuminga, Suggs (in that order for me).
    2) If not, I would take Sengun if he's there...
    Same here, i'll take Mobley if i have a top 3 pick.
    Last edited by duncan2150; 04-05-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot option 4... If Franz is gone where they're picking between 8-15, draft Giddey.
    I'd be ok with that too... I'm not as sold on Giddey yet but, if he can shoot 38% from 3 and defend in space we'll enough then he's got a very high ceiling. I think he and Franz see the court and make plays for others far better than anyone else in this draft.... I mean to the point that whoever is 3rd in court vision in this draft is way behind these two...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be ok with that too... I'm not as sold on Giddey yet but, if he can shoot 38% from 3 and defend in space we'll enough then he's got a very high ceiling. I think he and Franz see the court and make plays for others far better than anyone else in this draft.... I mean to the point that whoever is 3rd in court vision in this draft is way behind these two...
    For sure. Good assessment about the court vision. IMO, that's more what the current Spurs are lacking than good bigs. Not a knock on Murray or White either, they do their own thing. Everyone else in the draft are so-so... Well, except Cade of course. I'm not buying that Jalen Green is that much better than Murray, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs trade one of the following three (Walker, White, Murray) to strengthen another spot. George Hill has been a very good NBA player for 10+ years. But Nephew was a massive upgrade for six years.

It would be nice to draft a top notch starter to add to the current crop of young guys. I know at least one of the old vets (Patty, Rudy, or DDR) will be back, but hopefully we move on from 2 of those 3 guys. The page needs to be turned. Getting rid of LMA was a good thing - mainly because he quit on the team. He could have helped in the short term, but he placed himself first (as he always has done).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year’s draft didn’t have a lot at the very top, but the players from 10-25 were comparable. In other words, lean on great talent, but DEEP on good/very good talent. This years may have more at the top, but drop off more sharply.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs trade one of the following three (Walker, White, Murray) to strengthen another spot. George Hill has been a very good NBA player for 10+ years. But Nephew was a massive upgrade for six years.

It would be nice to draft a top notch starter to add to the current crop of young guys. I know at least one of the old vets (Patty, Rudy, or DDR) will be back, but hopefully we move on from 2 of those 3 guys. The page needs to be turned. Getting rid of LMA was a good thing - mainly because he quit on the team. He could have helped in the short term, but he placed himself first (as he always has done).
    I think it would cost two, plus our pick, to move up to gold country. We got Kawhi at 15. Didn’t even have to move into the lottery, or give up our pick. That won’t be the case this time, I don’t think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Listen to the segment starting at 5:14 on his PnR defense. That's one of the Spurs greatest weaknesses currently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good start for Gonzaga

God I hope we don't draft Kispert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good start for Gonzaga

God I hope we don't draft Kispert
    How're you watching the game, D? Streaming? First time I'll be watching college ball in a while and idk how to get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How're you watching the game, D? Streaming? First time I'll be watching college ball in a while and idk how to get it
    It's on national TV. Sorry bud, I don't know where I could get you a link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baylor guards are killing it. They're gonna see their stock rise. Hopefully into the lottery. I'd rather not draft another guard this year and it's not because I think our guards are all-stars. Would love to see more height with talent on this team.

Suggs a no show so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's on national TV. Sorry bud, I don't know where I could get you a link.
    It's not often that I regret not living in modern USA, but tonight is one of those nights. Will find me a stream, thanks anyways D

Thread Information