Page 96 of 171 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m warning up on Duarte because of the Klay vibes. But Yeah, I’d be happy with Jalen’s selection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find. I’m skeptical of Jalen Johnson. Yikes. Definitely not the Jalen I want in the lottery. But if they draft him we have to trust their interview and research and assume they see a great talent. Brian Wright doesn’t seem to be interested in malcontents, I think, I hope.
    They aren’t. Pop repeatedly boasted about having high character guys during the season helped them deal with the pandemic much easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavericks front office is a mess. One pick (Luka D) does not change that. Mark Cuban should receive the Donald Sterling treatment given the people he has allowed to work for him over the past 20 years. Some truly rotten people - especially the team president (Ursari) who was a true predator.

The Suns waited a LONG time for this moment in the Sun. I'm digging a Suns - Hawks/Bucks final. The TV ratings will be something to behold.

At least there is a one year break from the usual annoying creeps.
    Just a reminder that Sarver sold like three of Phoenix's lottery picks in a row because he's a cheap-ass bas .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find. I’m skeptical of Jalen Johnson. Yikes. Definitely not the Jalen I want in the lottery. But if they draft him we have to trust their interview and research and assume they see a great talent. Brian Wright doesn’t seem to be interested in malcontents, I think, I hope.
    The Athletic are ing morons. There's no way on God's green earth the Spurs draft Jalen Johnson, who couldn't stand playing for Coach K and quit his college basketball team. That's not the only time he's quit a team, either. A franchise that had a high-profile quitter already? Ha. Fat ing chance, Athletic. Go get your ing shine box.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I agree. I can’t see taking on quitters. Also, no way do they let Wagner or Moody go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Character issues may not be a problem if pop ain’t the coach anymore lol Dejounte Murray fell in the draft because of characters issues and we still selected him, yes having a high character is good and all but I think y’all maybe over stating it some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Character issues may not be a problem if pop ain’t the coach anymore lol Dejounte Murray fell in the draft because of characters issues and we still selected him, yes having a high character is good and all but I think y’all maybe over stating it some.
    It sounds different than Dejounte’s grandma was the leader of the Seattle Crips, or Luka acted crazy while on his European team. Those actually do sound worse. But with JJ, it’s different but maybe worse in a different way: he’s flaky and a quitter. Installing motivation is difficult. Installing discipline is challenging but with millions of dollars involved can sometimes be easier. But we’ll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 hour ago – via James Ham @ Yahoo! Sports

Is Franz Wagner on the Kings’ radar? At least one NBA draft expert thinks it’s a done deal and Sacramento will select the Michigan forward with the No. 9 overall draft pick later this month. “I think Franz Wagner to the Kings seems like an inevitability,” Chad Ford said during a recent episode of the Ryen Russillo podcast. “An Analytics driven front office with one of the top analytics guys, and frankly, a player that probably fits what they need.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also did not play hard and got benched because the team is much better without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds different than Dejounte’s grandma was the leader of the Seattle Crips, or Luka acted crazy while on his European team. Those actually do sound worse. But with JJ, it’s different but maybe worse in a different way: he’s flaky and a quitter. Installing motivation is difficult. Installing discipline is challenging but with millions of dollars involved can sometimes be easier. But we’ll see.
    I can't fault him when he's trying to protect his stock from lowering further. The story is that he's nursing a foot injury. Coach K was starting to limit his minutes to 8mpg and would further hurt his stock. His coach couldn't guarantee the outcome of the draft. The kid made a decision for his future and family. It was a decision that he alone could make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't fault him when he's trying to protect his stock from lowering further. The story is that he's nursing a foot injury. Coach K was starting to limit his minutes to 8mpg and would further hurt his stock. His coach couldn't guarantee the outcome of the draft. The kid made a decision for his future and family. It was a decision that he alone could make.
    Unfortunately, it sounds like his decisions are actually hurting his draft stock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    from what i've read, johnson didn't really wow anyone over with his combine interviews and this is probably the area that he was going to undergo the most scrutiny. if this is true, then i can easily see johnson becoming the player that is ranked high on the board but keeps dropping. so i think there is a strong chance that he will be available at 12. the johnson/duarte camps will be going at if this plays out where both would be available at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t take that to the bank.

DJ, AFAIK, was never arrested, or anything remotely like that. He was associating with some wrong people, but was put on the right track by mentors like Jamal Crawford. You never hear him called unmotivated or en led, two words I would absolutely use on Jalen J.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DJ, AFAIK, was never arrested, or anything remotely like that. He was associating with some wrong people, but was put on the right track by mentors like Jamal Crawford. You never hear him called unmotivated or en led, two words I would absolutely use on Jalen J.
    Also been a pretty good citizen and teammate since he arrived (except for maybe some questionable relationships with IG thots, but give the kid a break).

Character issues are obviously a red flag, but I wouldn't turn down a great talent for some previous mistakes. We all did stupid as kids (and some still do stupid as adults)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading that Athletic mock, it just dawned on me we are drafting right ahead of Kevin Pritchard at Indiana. I have no idea who Pritchard wants but it would be sweet justice if the Spurs nabbed him right before he get's his shot. For those who are unclear about this, Pritchard nabbed a couple of guys the Spurs supposedly wanted back in his Portland days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like Kawhi protecting his next max contract by not playing in the WCF. Yup, can’t fault him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading that Athletic mock, it just dawned on me we are drafting right ahead of Kevin Pritchard at Indiana. I have no idea who Pritchard wants but it would be sweet justice if the Spurs nabbed him right before he get's his shot. For those who are unclear about this, Pritchard nabbed a couple of guys the Spurs supposedly wanted back in his Portland days.
    Definitely Nic Batum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The environment is also much different now than five years ago. Back then, we still had the big 3 to mentor DJ. We don’t have that now. You just have to look the past three years what kind of guys the Spurs have been drafting. If we draft a ticking time bomb with no vet to support him, that bomb is going to explode. If you want Jalen, you probably want DeMar back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely Nic Batum.
    I recall Batum but thought there was also a second one, maybe mistaken though. Memory not that great and too lazy to look it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He went to juvie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rival teams could be putting out that Jalen Johnson didn’t interview well or that he has to many red flags in hopes that he falls to them, I’m not saying he’s the guy the spurs should draft but he is intriguing tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The environment is also much different now than five years ago. Back then, we still had the big 3 to mentor DJ. We don’t have that now. You just have to look the past three years what kind of guys the Spurs have been drafting. If we draft a ticking time bomb with no vet to support him, that bomb is going to explode. If you want Jalen, you probably want DeMar back.
    I could be wrong but I think the spurs are bringing Demar back tbh, the young guys love him. Keldon said he called Demar as soon as he got the news that he was going to be on the USA select team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rival teams could be putting out that Jalen Johnson didn’t interview well or that he has to many red flags in hopes that he falls to them, I’m not saying he’s the guy the spurs should draft but he is intriguing tho.
    Badmouthing the player you want to draft? That is extremely stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Badmouthing the player you want to draft? That is extremely stupid.
    Wouldn’t be the first time a NBA team or agent has done something stupid/shady.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just the interviews. There are two instances of him literally walking away from a team. The interviews could have maybe helped. I’m sure as a lottery team, the Spurs probably interviewed him, and will draw their own conclusions.

Thread Information