Page 167 of 171 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s definitely gonna hurt Garubas draft stock imo unless some team wants to stash him there for awhile

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs can tank to get a top 5 pick any time they want. They can trade their young guys for a star. But they do not have to do anything. Gathering assets for a hard reset under a new coach is far far more reasonable that making a panic trade because spurstalk has a pissy fit they don't draft a star every year.

They DID draft a star and he forced his way out. That will happen more often than not and the writing is on the wall for Zion and Luka quitting on their teams. Building a deep high value team is the starting point for building around a star. panicking and churning like new orleans and Dallas is not. once you start churning it is hard to stop. It took Utah how long to recover from the loss of their HOF duo? The spurs are on year 2.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we think White/DJ+12+eating Wiggins contract gets Spurs 7?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmm... I'm shopping for a new phone right now. Which one should I avoid?
    dont get an iphone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad for the Spurs bc pick 7 is unlikely to be worth all that. They would be better off holding on to those assets to use them for a more sure thing (an established star player).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear I mean one of DJ or White (not both).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be clear I mean one of DJ or White (not both).
    Wiggins alone should be worth the pick swap. Wiggins contract is bad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are eating Wiggins, we keep the 12th pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow news day.
    Add it to the grain of salt pile.

https://www.nba.com/hornets/kupchak-...2021-nba-draft

Kupchak, Hornets Finish Final Preparations for Thursday’s 2021 NBA Draft

“All the scouting was done via video and then the last three or four weeks, we’ve been bringing in probably close to 80 players into Charlotte for individual workouts,” said Kupchak during Monday morning’s pre-draft media availability. “You got to be careful that bringing them in doesn’t overly sway the way you look at a player and disregard what you watched [on video]. You can get a great feel for their athleticism, skill level. It’s helped quite a bit.”
    “We’re not deep enough to be able to sustain an injury or two,” he said. “We’ve just got to add talent to this team. There is a player or two that are four-year guys that would be considered at 11, but most of the time at 11, you’re going to get someone very young. If it is a young player, [we’d like him] to be talented with great character that would fit in to what we’re trying to build here in Charlotte.”...
    “We are going to look to take the best available talent,” added Kupchak. “If there are two players [at different positions] that are definitely equal in talent and skill level, then maybe we lean to a big because like I mentioned, that’s an area that there’s more uncertainty. We’re a little short in the backcourt and you could always use another wing. So, we would probably still continue to lean towards the best talent available, but at some point, if it’s real close, there will be some discussions based on need.”
    “I think naturally the bar has been [raised],” Kupchak stated. “I think expectations are probably more this year coming up than they were last year. People expect more. I think our coaches and players expect more. We’ve got to keep it going. We’ve got a lot of flexibility with our cap and we’ve got three picks. Moving forward and continuing to improve, and hopefully, [we] contend for a playoff spot this year. Based on how we played last year, I would hope that we continue to improve and that we’re in the hunt.”
    I think it comes down to four guys: Moody, Kispert, Isaiah Jackson and Kai Jones for the Hornets.

FWIW, They are rumored to be interested in Richaun Holmes in FA too and did draft two second round centers last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you ever have confidence in this draft that whoever you wanted at 7 wouldn't be there at 12?

Not to mention that the trade, itself, is absurdly bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins has $64m left for two years. Golden state is in tax right now($147million tax as it stands. Would be much more if they kept the 7 and 14 picks.)
    If Spurs do decide to eat Wiggins’ salary, you don’t send either one of white/Murray AND 12 picks to help the warriors out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade aborsbing Wiggins' contract to move from 12 to 7 could be possible, but would require more on the Spurs' side. Not Murray or White though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A trade aborsbing Wiggins' contract to move from 12 to 7 could be possible, but would require more on the Spurs' side. Not Murray or White though.
    I think that Memphis is trying to somehow get Golden State's #7. They made their earlier trade for a reason and I don't think it was to get just those two players from N.O. They tend to do a lot of trading during the draft and I can see them trying something like that, plus Golden State is trying to offload one or both of those picks. Just a hunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that Memphis is trying to somehow get Golden State's #7. They made their earlier trade for a reason and I don't think it was to get just those two players from N.O. They tend to do a lot of trading during the draft and I can see them trying something like that, plus Golden State is trying to offload one or both of those picks. Just a hunch.
    I've heard even higher, but that 7, too. Other teams are in play, driving the price up. I don't know if Memphis has what it takes to move too much, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a mock draft from ESPN's Jonathan Givony that had the Spurs taking Jonathan Kuminga at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a mock draft from ESPN's Jonathan Givony that had the Spurs taking Jonathan Kuminga at 9.
    Well he sounds drunk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am eating Wiggins contract I am wanting the 7th and keeping our 12th pick for sure - I would throw in Derozz for Wiggins and there 7th and 15th pick - then trade a team for our 12th or 15th pick for year 2022 or 23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I am eating Wiggins contract I am wanting the 7th and keeping our 12th pick for sure - I would throw in Derozz for Wiggins and there 7th and 15th pick - then trade a team for our 12th or 15th pick for year 2022 or 23
    You can't do these things. You know that, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know around what time the 12th pick will be on draft day? Just trying to plan out my Thursday night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA TV's mock had Spurs selecting Cam Thomas. Rex Chapman made the pick but he just kept picking SEC players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't do these things. You know that, right?
    Don't kill my dream...lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i still dont understand how EVERY prospect except Franz is okay with revealing which teams they’ve worked out for. EVERY prospect. Franz must want to really go to that team bad. But why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone know around what time the 12th pick will be on draft day? Just trying to plan out my Thursday night.
    If the draft starts at 8:00 PM, I was estimating the Spurs would be picking at 9:00 PM. Is that a reasonable estimate?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm reading that this his draft is a 4 player draft. After that it's up in the air. The difference between 12 and 7 isn't steep.

Thread Information