Page 148 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft class is so deep that Now I want 3 first round picks. Our own #12 pick - Kai Jones or Sengun; Trade Murray to get the right to draft Giddey. Trade with Clipper to get Sengun or Jones or Murphy III or Duarte. Is this reasonable? can Jones and Sengun coexist? Thansk in advance for your expert input!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey is known for pinpoint whip passes to perimeter spots for shooters.

He's also like the anti- James Wiseman in that he's really smart in basketball terms and doesn't need to be taught how to dribble.

Honestly he'd almost be a waste on the Spurs with no shooters to pass to.
    I thought of fit too. Another ball handler who can't shoot? Not a great fit. Will get banished to the gleague with Samanic not to be seen again until he can shoot! (I am only half kidding)... I'll probably complain a ton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones got dined by the Spurs.

Kai Jones tells me the Spurs took him out to dinner (he had salmon), they spoke about the Spurs and past players. He said the Spurs worked him out 3-on-3 and says it has been his only 3-on-3 workout ahead of the draft. #nba #gospursgo #nbatwitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think we know dinners are all a part of the process…

GS was that only team so far…

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/...v1xv16oujx07cq

"I think he's going to translate so well, that I've been on the phone to Steve Kerr once a week [saying] 'Steve look at this guy Steve don't miss this guy, do not sleep on this guy,'" Longley said on NBA Australia's Courtside Huddle.
    "Two years ago might not have been as confident about how he was going to translate, but here's the thing — he's 6-foot-8 and probably still growing and his dad has passed him on some really good genes as far as his resilience and his toughness and his humility," Longley added

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft class is so deep that Now I want 3 first round picks. Our own #12 pick - Kai Jones or Sengun; Trade Murray to get the right to draft Giddey. Trade with Clipper to get Sengun or Jones or Murphy III or Duarte. Is this reasonable? can Jones and Sengun coexist? Thansk in advance for your expert input!
    I'm not sure we want that much youth but, we might be able to pick up and extra pick by trading back with okc or trading someone to NY for a pick... to do a deal with the clippers to get their pick we'd probably have to take Kennard in some form or fashion (which I'm good with).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now Jericho Sims with a workout with the Spurs

second workout for Duarte and Murphy with the Warriors
    I like Sims as a garbage man. One of the locked on draft hosts, the Mavsdraft guy has been comparing him to Dwight Powell, and I can see it minus any shooting whatsoever. Mavsdraft is my least favorite of the hosts to listen to, but I think he could be right on this.

I think as a vertical threat and as a defender he'd be great to pair with Giddy on a future second unit. Plus that should be a fun summer league team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for sure if Kai is available and the Spurs dont select him, we need to record it to our SpursTalk notes to refer to for the future how the Spurs operate
    Kai was less recruited out of HS than the other guys we're talking about -- it's new for him. He's probably in a "gee whiz" phase, like they took me to dinner and showed me all around . . .

If he really wants to go to the Spurs, he should keep his mouth shut.

On the other hand, with the Spurs' drafting reputation, if Kai wants to go higher he's probably savvy to be putting it out there.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me crazy, but Sengun has interior post moves that remind me of the old Celtics PF Kevin McHale. And McHale will always be an acknowledged master of interior post moves. However, McHale was 30 pound lighter and moved quickly enough to be a Ist all Defensive team selection 3 times. Doubtful Sengun will get anywhere near that level. He could replace Drew on the roster??? Playing with a Center who is pretty athletic defender able to cover for Sengun's lapses, I could see him getting some minutes next year. Any improvement in his outside shooting would be icing on the cake as he develops.

How about a line up across the front of Sengun at point PF, Poertl at Center, and Saminac at point SF. I left Poertl on there because we don't have anyone on the roster that can come close to replacing him. Maybe one of the other prospects in the mix at 12 is the center we are looking for. I haven't started studying any of the other likely players at 12 so I don't have a feel for him in comparison to them. But if he is there and nobody better is there, I'd say he is a good viable pick at 12. (praying for some upside for the 18 y.o. can't hurt.)
    Agree with so much of this. But I do think Dieng could replace Yak. Defense would suffer, yes, but the offense would flow so much better that I think it should be considered.

Random thought: So would I rather have Sengun and Dieng OR Yak and overpriced player to be named later? I love Yak but until we get a dynamic creator/passer, this team has kinks to work out. Sengun’s offense is old school but he can create for himself and others. Barely anyone else on the team can do so, except for White when he feels healthy and inspired.

Rambling further, I think this is why I prefer Sengun to Giddey—Sengun can score for himself and through that create for others, whereas Giddey’s self creation is more of a question mark, though the passing by itself is transcendent.

Hyperventilating now, it’s almost if we don’t get Sengun, then the roster will need more intense restructuring at some point unless an existing player makes a huge leap.

Anyway...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure we want that much youth but, we might be able to pick up and extra pick by trading back with okc or trading someone to NY for a pick... to do a deal with the clippers to get their pick we'd probably have to take Kennard in some form or fashion (which I'm good with).
    I think trading with Clippers will be more realistic than Lakers. Clippers needs some cash to resign Reggie Jackson. They should be happy to send us Kennard and Zubac plus their 25th pick. Laker's trade is a pipe dream too good to be true and depensing on too many factors to happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Isaiah Jackson worked out for the Spurs...I guess I had missed that one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, Isaiah Jackson worked out for the Spurs...I guess I had missed that one...
    they took him out for dinner and he ate lobster and steak, with tira misu and a strawberry smoothie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think we know dinners are all a part of the process…

GS was that only team so far…

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba/...v1xv16oujx07cq
    I am starting to think he does have a promise from GSW with their 14th.
    They are trying to trade 7 and won't keep it very possibly but need to workout players in case someone takes him b4 then and just if they end up keeping 7th. There's overt mutual fawning. Great find!
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-23-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they took him out for dinner and he ate lobster and steak, with tira misu and a strawberry smoothie
    Sounds like we like him better than Kai.....done deal!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are trying to trade 7 and won't keep it very possibly but need to workout players in case someone takes him b4 then and just if they end up keeping 7th. There's overt mutual fawning.
    I read the tea leaves in similar fashion. I just wonder who they are targeting to trade their #7 (and maybe Wiseman) for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as long as they didn't ask him to try to toss his napkin in the trash basket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are trying to trade 7 and won't keep it very possibly but need to workout players in case someone takes him b4 then and just if they end up keeping 7th. There's overt mutual fawning.
    I don't think Giddey gets past Indiana.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with so much of this. But I do think Dieng could replace Yak. Defense would suffer, yes, but the offense would flow so much better that I think it should be considered.

Random thought: So would I rather have Sengun and Dieng OR Yak and overpriced player to be named later? I love Yak but until we get a dynamic creator/passer, this team has kinks to work out. Sengun’s offense is old school but he can create for himself and others. Barely anyone else on the team can do so, except for White when he feels healthy and inspired.

Rambling further, I think this is why I prefer Sengun to Giddey—Sengun can score for himself and through that create for others, whereas Giddey’s self creation is more of a question mark, though the passing by itself is transcendent.

Hyperventilating now, it’s almost if we don’t get Sengun, then the roster will need more intense restructuring at some point unless an existing player makes a huge leap.

Anyway...
    Agree. This team needs another facilitator with Demar potentially leaving and White getting hurt. That’s why I like Sengun, Wagner (and Jalen). But not necessarily a PG as Spurs are already heavy on the guards, and needs more SF/PF/C position, unless they need to trade one of Murray/White/Lonnie to get Collins. I don’t know. Now I’m more lost. The PATFO has a lot to decide with the available salary, resigning or not the expiring contracts, direction moving forward. It all will affect who they draft. Unlike before when we had a working system of the Big 3 and was just adding talents to compliment. Now it’s a possible complete overhaul. I would understand if they still miss the playoffs on the 1st year without Demar, but now they have the proper roster in placed, and to compete on the 2nd year.

While I like DJ’s strides and defense (I don’t doubt he would be an AS some day), he is NOT a PG. Derrick is just waaayyy a better facilitator, and it could be necessary to finally trade DJ to make Derrick the undisputed starting PG of the team.

I would’ve like if: (either Sengun or Wagner at #12). DJ could be gone to get Collins. And get Duarte as part of a Demar S&T:

White/Tre
    Duarte/Walker/Mills
    Keldon/Devin/(Wagner)
    Collins/Samanic/(Sengun)
    Poeltl/Dieng/Drew/#42 stretch athletic big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take all these dinners with a grain of salt until I hear that Luka took them to Sugar’s for surf and turf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s an interesting situation to monitor.
    Supposedly they may try to pursue a Brad Beal deal which I would think that picks #7 and #14 would be mandatory inclusions (along with Wiggins, Wiseman, future firsts etc) to get it done.
    They may be able to get #15 back which I think they would probably take Duarte in that scenario.

I like the GS fit with Giddey long term but not sure it’s in their best interest to do so when their championship window is rapidly closing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly they may try to pursue a Brad Beal deal which I would think that picks #7 and #14 would be mandatory inclusions (along with Wiggins, Wiseman, future firsts etc) to get it done.
    They may be able to get #15 back which I think they would probably take Duarte in that scenario.

I like the GS fit with Giddey long term but not sure it’s in their best interest to do so when their championship window is rapidly closing.
    Agree about the window closing. They want to trade desperately is my guess. DDR makes a ton of sense there in my biased eyes, but they may see him as closer to being another Wiggins, so to speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read the tea leaves in similar fashion. I just wonder who they are targeting to trade their #7 (and maybe Wiseman) for?
    Yup and thinking about it further, he sounds very confident and excited (dream scenario for him) to get drafted there. He would have been super happy to shut down workouts and focus on the Australian National Team because as far as he's concerned the team fit is perfect for him and that's better than the chance of getting drafted 1-4 spots ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought the same too, particularly because I do think he'll need development with the rest of his offensive game. Not a raw physical tools prospect, but one still young with an incomplete offensive game (never mind the part where his body needs to develop and mature a little as well)... I thought he's just out of their window but the fawning from their media, the player's express preference, he's got a promise.

GSW is sending smoke signals for sure. They have worked out and dined other guys as well and have also been posturing that they want to keep Wiseman... (!) but they have deals possibly worked out that may depend on some contingencies.

Think about it a team with Curry Beal and Klay will benefit more from a Giddey than a Duarte (hypothetical scenario). As good as he may be, what shots do you have for Duarte. Giddey being 6’8” he may play with all those guards technically (his will need to transition to play as wing which I thought he'd need to do anyways). Duarte won't be maximized in a team like that.

Just firing from the hip!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey could easily be working out with teams and not announcing it. And any buzz to GS could be smoke to find a trade partner.

Who knows!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree about the window closing. They want to trade desperately is my guess. DDR makes a ton of sense there in my biased eyes, but they may see him as closer to being another Wiggins, so to speak.
    Golden States won't want DDR. They will get Brad Beal or Siakam with their #7, #14 and a couple future picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey could easily be working out with teams and not announcing it. And any buzz to GS could be smoke to find a trade partner.

Who knows!
    The interest is real. He could be gone b4 14 though.

Thread Information