Page 13 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really starting to warm up to Giddey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's also a greater chance they stay after their contract is up. Part of the reason I hope the Spurs go international also with FA/ draft. Either that or country boys like Keldon. Less Hollywood personalities, please.
    Agreed. Having foreign stars is the best way to go for small markets. There is a much higher chance they will stay since they are just thankful to be in the US. It's one of the reasons I hope the next Spur superstar is a foreigner.
    Interesting observation and thoughts.
    Have to think about this in the context of your previous thread about Franchise players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really starting to warm up to Giddey

Unfortunately since Giddey's in the NBL, he's going to have more games to raise his stock. Not good for the Spurs. Recency bias is a real thing.

Where do you think you fall in between those three (including Ben Simmons) in terms of athleticism?
    Giddey: I think coming into the season that was what people were worried about, but I think I’ve shown throughout the year it’s not a flaw by any means for me. You can’t teach athleticism or explosiveness, but I think it’s something I’ve worked on a lot in the offseason and has paid off. My hips used to be really tight and I didn’t really have the ability to explode off the foot that I do now. I’m not a freak athlete by any means, but I’m not a Joe Ingles type of athlete. I’m kind of in that middle section. I think.

That Joe Ingles shade
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-09-2021 at 05:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any thoughts on Charles Bassey, star of San Antonio’s own recruiting scandal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang just read that Saddiq Bey just broke the Pistions record for shooting most 3 pointers for a rookie in fact only 9 players in NBA has shot as many 3 as he has as a rookie - Lillard, Iverson, and Luka to name a few. But out of the 9 players he has the best percentage 3pa is averaging 6 shots at 38%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would do whatever trade it takes to get Mobley. Think he’s going to be a really good player in the league for a while. He reminds of a defensive minded Chris Bosh. Bosh was probably a better outside shooter but Mobley is a better defender. But their frame, athletic ability, and coordination are comparable.
    I cosign this 100%!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is trading a top 2 pick (which Mobley will likely be) unless it's for a superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is trading a top 2 pick (which Mobley will likely be) unless it's for a superstar.
    This, and OKC likely winds up with Towns. They could throw 6 first round picks at Minny, AND NOT EVEN MISS THEM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, and OKC likely winds up with Towns. They could throw 6 first round picks at Minny, AND NOT EVEN MISS THEM.
    Okc or Nola... either of those have 1st's to burn.... I see Nola as a bigger 'threat' to get towns because want to start winning. I'm not sure Okc is at that point yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

36ers played again last night.

Check out the pass on the last clip. Wow.

Full game here:

Check out this video "NBL21 | Round 13 - Adelaide 36ers vs Perth Wildcats and Melbourne United vs NZ Breakers" https://www.twitch.tv/nbl/v/982193642?sr=a&t=1s

He's continuing to shoot well: 3-6 from three.

At this point, I think I have him over Franz because of his offensive upside (not 3 point shooting, but overall shot creation and playmaking ability). Not that I'd be disappointed if we picked Franz.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-10-2021 at 09:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any thoughts on Charles Bassey, star of San Antonio’s own recruiting scandal?
    Right now he’s predicted to be a late 1st rounder by some. I think he’ll be a safe and solid pick for whoever gets him. He’s an excellent defender and rebounder. And has some offensive post skills. He won’t space the floor though. But that’s ok...he is not going to fill that role. I think he’ll be a great backup center for someone.

he’s 4th in D1 in total blocks and blocks/game. He’s 5th in D1 in rebounds/game. And 2nd in D1 in total rebounds.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...ken-in-top-10/

I've this new CBS mock....don't live who they have us picking but love the guys that are available when we pick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are picking late (like 14ish) and every prospect that I like is gone, I wouldn't mind Keon Johnson.

I know we have a glut of small wings already, but Keon isn't your boring 3 and D wing. He has great footwork, good handle, and looks like a natural scorer.

Last edited by Dejounte; 04-10-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs are picking late (like 14ish) and every prospect that I like is gone, I wouldn't mind Keon Johnson.

I know we have a glut of small wings already, but Keon isn't your boring 3 and D wing. He has great footwork, good handle, and looks like a natural scorer.

I'm not a fan myself buy, espn has him ranked at the 6th best available player. If he's available at 14 it is good value and it means guys I liked better are off the board...so yea, I'd take him at #14..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

36ers played again last night.

Check out the pass on the last clip. Wow.

Full game here:

Check out this video "NBL21 | Round 13 - Adelaide 36ers vs Perth Wildcats and Melbourne United vs NZ Breakers" https://www.twitch.tv/nbl/v/982193642?sr=a&t=1s

He's continuing to shoot well: 3-6 from three.

At this point, I think I have him over Franz because of his offensive upside (not 3 point shooting, but overall shot creation and playmaking ability). Not that I'd be disappointed if we picked Franz.
    Why the is he so low on all the mock drafts (I hope he stays there)? Athleticism? Dude looks like a playmaking monster. Man I hope he's there for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the is he so low on all the mock drafts (I hope he stays there)? Athleticism? Dude looks like a playmaking monster. Man I hope he's there for us.
    He won't be low for long. 13th on ESPN, 9th on BR, 15th on Ringer.

He has 14 games left to play. Also has the Olympics.

He could crack the 5-8 range which would be unfortunate for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a TRex, wingspan actually sorter than height, and shoots poorly from 3. His FT shooting also sucks, which means he likely won’t improve much from distance.

He’s got some really nice attributes, but some definite holes, too. His wingspan will sharply limit his defensive upside,and his ability to deflect, steal, and deny the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a TRex, wingspan actually sorter than height, and shoots poorly from 3. His FT shooting also sucks, which means he likely won’t improve much from distance.

He’s got some really nice attributes, but some definite holes, too. His wingspan will sharply limit his defensive upside,and his ability to deflect, steal, and deny the ball.

Shot has improved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t hate him, or even dislike him, I just think he’s appropriately slotted. Anyone remember White and Keldons 3 point shooting in the bubble? That was about the same sample size as Giddeys improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Big yikes. I know many on here (including myself) saw him as the next big thing. Careers can be derailed at any moment, and sometimes they never had hope getting there. Don't place too much hype on these top 5 projected players. There's real talent to be found later in the draft, too.

Wiseman's injury wasn't even one that had a lot of physical contact. It was bad landing, and maybe his weight has something to do with it also. He should try to slim down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I started to rewatch him more because the spurs could have a lottery pick. I like his potential, really athletic, show some midrange game..good on D. Could be a good option if he's there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t hate him, or even dislike him, I just think he’s appropriately slotted. Anyone remember White and Keldons 3 point shooting in the bubble? That was about the same sample size as Giddeys improvement.
    I'm wary of Giddey's Trex arms too. We already have one in Samanic. He does have talent but I also think he's properly slotted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weisman out for the season with a torn meniscus. Warriors will go full tank now smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm wary of Giddey's Trex arms too. We already have one in Samanic. He does have talent but I also think he's properly slotted.
    Does it hurt him on defense?

Standing reach is the better indicator for man to man defense. Offensive players are scared to shoot over Samanic.

Wingspan is great for pulling off steals on passing lanes, but it's also anticipation and hand-eye coordination too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it hurt him on defense?

Standing reach is the better indicator for man to man defense. Offensive players are scared to shoot over Samanic.

Wingspan is great for pulling off steals on passing lanes, but it's also anticipation and hand-eye coordination too.
    I need to see more of Samanic to make any real determination of him. Overall though, I'm partial to disrupting passing lanes, especially in today's game.

Thread Information