Page 64 of 171 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front offices of G League teams have a lot of work in front of them.

That would be a pretty cool job-- scanning the landscape for the best undrafted guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intrigued where Juzang goes. Could be a bust, could create a lot of slapped forwards wondering why so many skipped on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    26 days until the Lottery

63 days until the Draft
    20 days until the Lottery

57 days until the Draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

confident Spurs will pick up a nice piece at least.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front offices of G League teams have a lot of work in front of them.

That would be a pretty cool job-- scanning the landscape for the best undrafted guys.
    I agree. I think it's awesome that the NBA finally has a true minor league. Basketball is such a top-heavy strong link sport that I doubt there would ever be a need for another minor league under the G-League, but it would still be cool to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intrigued where Juzang goes. Could be a bust, could create a lot of slapped forwards wondering why so many skipped on him.
    He took seemingly forever to declare after that great tournament run. I think even he knows he’s not a top prospect. He’s not a great creator, more of a catch and shoot guy. Doesn’t have top athleticism. Probably a low rotation energy scoring spark guy. Likely a second rounder, if he stays in the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. I think it's awesome that the NBA finally has a true minor league. Basketball is such a top-heavy strong link sport that I doubt there would ever be a need for another minor league under the G-League, but it would still be cool to see.
    I was very pro gleague until only 17 of the 29 teams went into the Gubble. I still don’t think the NBA takes it serious enough.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watch him a little bit. Don't just look at numbers. He's a bad defender. The same, if not worse than, level of defender as Obi. His hips are stiff, and is often caught out of position.

Yeah, that video shows way too many clips of him barely trying on defense; his close outs on 3s are really, really weak too often.

I brought up Jalen Johnson to try and find players to discuss, basically. He looks like a pass for sure. The team can't bring in a low effort defender, especially not with this pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t have a Pet Cat in this years draft but I do have a few players I don’t want and he is my Top Hard Pass list

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin O'Connor's mock: https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft

His take on Wagner:

• Coordinated and decisive scorer who attacks with a plan the moment he receives a pass.
    • Glue-guy skills on offense: keeps the ball moving, relocates, screens, and has innate timing on his cuts.
    • Does an excellent job of sealing off smaller defenders on the post, which could be of great value against switching defenses.
    • Has a computer brain on defense. Reads plays instantly and disrupts actions by beating opponents to their spots. He will make a significant impact as an off-ball defender throughout his career

(But unfortunately for Wagner fans has him going at #9)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His Comps on Kuminga: Danny Granger, Luol Deng, Jeff Green

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was very pro gleague until only 17 of the 29 teams went into the Gubble. I still don’t think the NBA takes it serious enough.
    True. It has come a long way, but still has a ways to go. There needs to be 30 full G-League teams with one-to-one affiliations and none of this player sharing crap. I'm okay with there being unaffiliated teams like the Ignite too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He took seemingly forever to declare after that great tournament run. I think even he knows he’s not a top prospect. He’s not a great creator, more of a catch and shoot guy. Doesn’t have top athleticism. Probably a low rotation energy scoring spark guy. Likely a second rounder, if he stays in the draft.
    Uh... he's not a catch and shoot guy. He has deficiencies, but... have you actually watched him play? Good lord.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh... he's not a catch and shoot guy. He has deficiencies, but... have you actually watched him play? Good lord.
    Then, what is he? Absolute crap? Because he’s in the 29% in creating his own. Dejointe posted this a few pages back. Look at the very bottom…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then, what is he? Absolute crap? Because he’s in the 29% in creating his own. Dejointe posted this a few pages back. Look at the very bottom…

Hmm... guess that Tournament didn't happen and he wasn't actually a craft shot creator all year. Hmm mmm. Lol, in what universe would you think Wagner is actually a better individual scorer than Juzang in college?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juzang looks like a great deep shooter but had high usage and tried to do too much. Looks like a bad defender. He will need to focus on shooting, maybe a dribble or two when the clock is low, but he can’t get separation in college usually, so that will just get exacerbated in the NBA. Looks like a 9th man. I would look elsewhere but if he was around for the second round, then worth considering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juzang looks like a great deep shooter but had high usage and tried to do too much. Looks like a bad defender. He will need to focus on shooting, maybe a dribble or two when the clock is low, but he can’t get separation in college usually, so that will just get exacerbated in the NBA. Looks like a 9th man. I would look elsewhere but if he was around for the second round, then worth considering.
    He actually shot 35% from beyond the NCAA arc, although he projects to shoot better in the NBA, like 38%, based on his 88% FTs. My guess is that his shot selection is poor. Based on his anemic nearly dead assist rate, that’s probably accurate, since he hardly passes the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He actually shot 35% from beyond the NCAA arc, although he projects to shoot better in the NBA, like 38%, based on his 88% FTs. My guess is that his shot selection is poor. Based on his anemic nearly dead assist rate, that’s probably accurate, since he hardly passes the ball.
    Yeah, his shooting mechanics are great. And he shot well off a few dribbles from what I understand. But he can’t defend nor drive by anyone. He pounds the air out of the ball, which is a problem for him, so that would have to change. A less athletic Bertans?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling it’ll come down to Alperen Sengun or Josh Giddey, which I’d be happy with either one tbh with a side chance of Tre Mann, he seems like the out of left field spurs selection

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a feeling it’ll come down to Alperen Sengun or Josh Giddey, which I’d be happy with either one tbh with a side chance of Tre Mann, he seems like the out of left field spurs selection
    I think the Raptors are giving serious consideration to taking Giddey at 7 based on some reports:
    https://www.si.com/nba/raptors/news/...2021-nba-draft

Two Raptors scouts including Raptors Director of Global Scouting Patrick Engelbrecht have reportedly ventured down to Australia to watch NBA lottery-bound prospect Josh Giddey…

"The fact Engelbrecht and his co-worker have flown halfway around the world when the Australian Government mandates any international traveller must quarantine for 14 days, means the Raptors are seriously interested in Giddey as a draft prospect," Matt Logue reported Saturday.
    With Giddey - would the Spurs be after a ball dominant PG, who is currently a mediocre shooter, defender and athlete; to be a part of the future at arguably their deepest position? I just don’t see it. I think they’re committed to the trio of DJ, White and Tre J; at least for a full, traditional season. I think then it will be reassessed at the end of next year.

I believe the Spurs are after a player who checks the requisite boxes for BPA, character, versatility and whose role can develop around the current core. I also think that having a solid or developing jumper from range will be a non negotiable.

I think it will come down Sengun, Moody, Springer, Mann, Kispert, Wagner and maybe, maybe Kai Jones and Usman Garuba, (not necessarily in that order).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Raptors are giving serious consideration to taking Giddey at 7 based on some reports:

With Giddey - would the Spurs be after a ball dominant PG, who is currently a mediocre shooter, defender and athlete; to be a part of the future at arguably their deepest position? I just don’t see it. I think they’re committed to the trio of DJ, White and Tre J; at least for a full, traditional season. I think then it will be reassessed at the end of next year.

I believe the Spurs are after a player who checks the requisite boxes for BPA, character, versatility and whose role can develop around the current core. I also think that having a solid or developing jumper from range will be a non negotiable.

I think it will come down Sengun, Moody, Springer, Mann, Kispert, Wagner and maybe, maybe Kai Jones and Usman Garuba, (not necessarily in that order).

Yeah, I think that’s a solid list of likely candidates. I don’t see Giddey, either. They are all in on Dejounte for whatever reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That’s a pretty solid list, I wouldn’t complain about any of those guys. If Giddey was taken at 7 a guy potentially could fall to us too. I do think that if spurs were to draft Giddey he wouldn’t be a PG with us, he’d just be another wing creator like Demar is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh the draft can't come soon enough

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think that’s a solid list of likely candidates. I don’t see Giddey, either. They are all in on Dejounte for whatever reason.
    Dejounte took his game to a new level last season. He exceeded my expectations in every way possible. With Demar out of the lineup (likely), and if you believe he comes back with an improved 3 ball (I do but I can understand the doubts), I think he could leap into the top 10 PG conversation next season.

From the recent D. White interview on basketballnews.com:

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...rado-buffaloes

This season, according to NBA.com, the Spurs have scored 114.2 points per 100 possessions with White and Murray on the floor together, just behind White and DeMar DeRozan as the Spurs’ top offensive duo (min. 650 minutes). In the 266 minutes without either Murray or White on the floor (in games they’ve played), San Antonio has a net rating of negative-25.7, per PBP Stats. Needless to say, they’re kind of important to the team’s success, which is why White feels so grateful to be considered a cornerstone with Murray.
    “He's special. He's able to do a lot of different things on the court and he's gotten better each and every year that he's played,” White said of Murray. “That hard work and just wanting to be great. We just get along well off the court, and it makes it easy on the court.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh the draft can't come soon enough
    Can’t wait. Excited for the Combine (especially the scrimmages) too.

Your top 3 atm for Spurs? Moody, Wagner and Giddey?

Thread Information