Page 163 of 171 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, no love for Kai Jones or do you guys think he's out of reach for us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dark horse is Keon Johnson.
    Mine's Cam Thomas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the trade for NO. The difference between 10 and 17 won't be that great, they'd probably still have one of Kispert, Murphy or Duarte available to them if they keep the pick at all. They get rid of both of their bad contracts in one swing for the price of 7 slots and a future Lakers first that's likely going to be meh, while upgrading their center position and allowing themselves breathing room under the cap or have a huge TE if they choose to stay above the cap.

Memphis is one of the most interesting teams around the draft and free agency. They have too many players under contract for next season already and they have the JJJ extension coming up that they may not be willing to commit to. I could see them trading him away instead of giving him the max. They will be making more trades for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs rumors to get into the top 10
    First time I see it, but it references as a source a SI article. The bidding is probably too rich I imagine. But anything happening I expect to be in draft night.

One interesting factoid here is that the Spurs worked out apparently a lot of guards which I don't see mentioned here bc it's likely not to the interest of fans but should they move White or Murray a main guard with upside should be drafted, So it makes sense to me.
    Hopefully a 3 team S&T trade to accommodate Demar’s wishes while getting the Spurs a haul and another pick. I’d take Sengun and Duarte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 Days until the Draft!

6 Days until Free Agency!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time I see it, but it references as a source a SI article. The bidding is probably too rich I imagine. But anything happening I expect to be in draft night.

One interesting factoid here is that the Spurs worked out apparently a lot of guards which I don't see mentioned here bc it's likely not to the interest of fans but should they move White or Murray a main guard with upside should be drafted, So it makes sense to me.
    This feels like a reaction to the Memphis move. Wonder if they’re eying the same player…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cleveland pick feels like it’s in play, as do one of the Orlando picks. First seems out of reach, but if Mobley is sitting there you have to at least make a call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

maybe they’re trying to decide between Moody and Wagner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think so. Giddey doesn't quite make sense.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

me? I go with Franz, though they already have Kyle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me? I go with Franz, though they already have Kyle.
    I forgot all about Kyle. No way they go for Franz. They have Tillman too. Wouldn’t make sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, why don’t we like Jalen Johnson at 12 again??

Dude is essentially cheaper, younger John Collins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot all about Kyle. No way they go for Franz. They have Tillman too. Wouldn’t make sense.
    Memphis is targeting Moody if they remain at 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

evidently he's not a Spurs type of player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    evidently he's not a Spurs type of player.
    Would appreciate the thought process there. Tools look impressive. Has to be a motor/drive thing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve been rooting for him, but ST thinks he’s a prima donna, yet the same people wants Collins who was suspended 25 games without pay due to PED’s and now demanding MAX contract. I mean, I understand the money part, but the same way people should understand Jalen’s actions protecting his future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve been rooting for him, but ST thinks he’s a prima donna, yet the same people wants Collins who was suspended 25 games without pay due to PED’s and now demanding MAX contract. I mean, I understand the money part, but the same way people should understand Jalen’s actions protecting his future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would appreciate the thought process there. Tools look impressive. Has to be a motor/drive thing?
    not ruling him out but he plays bad, lazy defense and has a high ego who may end up being a ticking time bomb for a team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's Kia Jones, the reason they are trying to move into top 10, they are trying to get ahead of Charlotte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte already answered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think they really want Wagner but Sacramento is drafting him at 9. They aren't getting him unless they trade to go higher. However Moody is a good fallback option, still worth the trade if they end up with him.

You have to assume Moody isn't the guy if they are still trying to climb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the trade for NO. The difference between 10 and 17 won't be that great, they'd probably still have one of Kispert, Murphy or Duarte available to them if they keep the pick at all. They get rid of both of their bad contracts in one swing for the price of 7 slots and a future Lakers first that's likely going to be meh, while upgrading their center position and allowing themselves breathing room under the cap or have a huge TE if they choose to stay above the cap.

Memphis is one of the most interesting teams around the draft and free agency. They have too many players under contract for next season already and they have the JJJ extension coming up that they may not be willing to commit to. I could see them trading him away instead of giving him the max. They will be making more trades for sure.
    Plus I think they can reroute the 2022 picks they have for a star eventually if one were available that they wanted. Their asset ac ulation seems like it has a design I think. This isn't just random, IMO.

JJJ is big question mark, but he's been injured and very young despite his years in the league. So far they have been committed to his development and if anything, they'll resign him. They aren't going to let that asset go for nothing, but they could turn him into someone else. It's still early to make a determination on him IMO.

Anyways they are taking risks instead of standing pat and let the development course continue. It could go horribly wrong or may end up panning out. I think they are on the Chinook path of gathering assets between picks and young players they have developed (and the solid veterans they have) to make a move for a star somewhere down the road. Speculation of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully a 3 team S&T trade to accommodate Demar’s wishes while getting the Spurs a haul and another pick. I’d take Sengun and Duarte.
    A Derozan trade involving the draft is unlikely. I think they made their inquiries early and aren't going to find a trade partner.

I also think they don't have good enough assets to reach for the sky in this draft, and because they have many positional needs they can make good use of several players that will fall to their pick. In other words, it's only worth it for 2-3 guys who they aren't going to be able to obtain.

I mean, it's possible a trade happens but very unlikely. To me that tweet was just the local media rehashing the same Murray and White trade rumors that have already been out trying to calm down fans that don't think the Spurs tried to make some move.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-27-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hmmm, now they want to get into the lower half of the lottery. Hope the play-in game was worth it...got to satisfy Pop's ego to not be totally irrelevant.

Thread Information