Page 164 of 171 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs rumors to get into the top 10
    First time I see it, but it references as a source a SI article. The bidding is probably too rich I imagine. But anything happening I expect to be in draft night.

One interesting factoid here is that the Spurs worked out apparently a lot of guards which I don't see mentioned here bc it's likely not to the interest of fans but should they move White or Murray a main guard with upside should be drafted, So it makes sense to me.
    interesting, this clown is reporting the spurs are looking to trade back into the teens or 20s

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eous-alexander

Sacramento's No. 9 pick continues to be considered available, as well. While Memphis took on the contracts of Eric Bledsoe and Steven Adams as part of the price to move up from the No. 17 pick to the 10th pick, San Antonio (No. 12) and Indiana (No. 13) are both still considered prime candidates to trade back into the mid-teens or early 20s for the right value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs get two late firsts I’d be happy trading back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Derozan trade involving the draft is unlikely. I think they made their inquiries early and aren't going to find a trade partner.

I also think they don't have good enough assets to reach for the sky in this draft, and because they have many positional needs they can make good use of several players that will fall to their pick. In other words, it's only worth it for 2-3 guys who they aren't going to be able to obtain.

I mean, it's possible a trade happens but very unlikely. To me that tweet was just the local media rehashing the same Murray and White trade rumors that have already been out trying to calm down fans that don't think the Spurs tried to make some move.
    Thank you. I just wish the PATFO will do all diligence. With the salary available, and Demar probably out, there are deals to make to get the Spurs back in course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me just get my head around all this.

1) Spurs are looking to move up in the draft.
    2) Spurs are looking to move back in the draft.
    3) Spurs have their mind made up on who they want at no. 12.
    4) Spurs have several options at no. 12
    5) Spurs will trade their pick for an established player.

Sounds like every other team in the league.
    This draft needs to hurry up and happen already!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only a little disappointing in that I think they would only consider this move if they don't think they will get their guy that they really want at 12 (of can't move higher to get him), but that's unsurprising.

I like them turning around to.maximize value.

Many fans here were exploring possibilities to trade back to pick 2 firsts bc the draft fell.off significantly after the very top and after that there are many gambles. It's about finding the sleepers. The Spurs are good finding talent later in the first round and may feel confident some good players are still going to be available.

Btw, I expect at least one more guard to be drafted.

ALlso, maybe they think some of the guys they like will be available later (specially the guards).

I feel good about their situation in that case. They will end up with a good player if they have more swings.

The statement "for the right value" is telling. This can involve not just 2 for 1 pick swaps, but also players that may be available for trades that the Spurs like.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-27-2021 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Clarity.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that surprising. Hollinger thinks the draft is weak 10-19 but is better value in the 20-30 range and they could be coming to that conclusion as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you’re picking in the middle of the first round, you prepare for the possibility of players you like falling to you at 12, a player you like being available in a trade up scenario, and you prepare for a scenario where your preferred options are all unavailable at 12 and it makes sense to take 2 swings at the end of the round.

Fischer also isn’t Woj, Shams or one of the top tier reporters and could be reporting bad or fabricated info. Don’t think there’s much here.

Hollinger has clout but I always think about parsons whenever he has a hot take or some sort of clairvoyant ramblings.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it makes sense to see what options are out there, especially if someone drops to 12 that they don't want but others do, for example. Also, with all this talk of teams trying to move up, maybe there IS value to move back if the deal is right. Conclusion: nothing will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it makes sense to see what options are out there, especially if someone drops to 12 that they don't want but others do, for example. Also, with all this talk of teams trying to move up, maybe there IS value to move back if the deal is right. Conclusion: nothing will happen.

that's where my money is. i'm just moving ahead with the premise that 12 is where the spurs are picking and hoping that some of the players that i like are still on the board by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are people freaking out that the Spurs might be looking to trade up or trade down at the same time? They have tiers of players they like, meanwhile are gauging other teams' interests in those same players. If they need to get ahead of someone to get a guy, they'll try. If they don't see the players on a tier available at 12, they could trade back. As mentioned above, there's a plateau around their pick so that similarly talented players will be available, perhaps, between 12 and 20. If OKC wants a player that's still available, then, they could do a swap. It's not a big deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not that surprising. Hollinger thinks the draft is weak 10-19 but is better value in the 20-30 range and they could be coming to that conclusion as well.
    12 for Houston’s 23 and 24?

Rather keep 12 until Turkish, German, and Aussie kids are gone for sure. I’m not really feeling Moody or Guaraba at 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rather keep 12 until Turkish, German, and Aussie kids are gone for sure. I’m not really feeling Moody or Guaraba at 12.
    That's probably on the table, I don't think anything happens until they see who's on the board at 12 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's too cheap for the 12.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Pelton fan (Kawhi, Jokic, VanFleet, Haliburton).

1. Sengun
    2. Garuba
    3. Giddey
    4. Wagner
    5. Moody
    6. Murphy
    7. Kuminga
    8. Mobley
    9. Suggs
    10. Champagnie
    11. Thor
    12. Green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concerns about the MEM deal is it shows just how stagnant SA has been and how uncreative they are. They’ve supposedly taken the “safe” route but have what to show for it? All the teams in SAs division either were already in playoffs or have a brighter futures and for what?

If your going to play it safe you should at least have playoffs to show for it and other teams in the division are ahead and have better foundations as of now. To say this draft and off season is big for Sa is a massive understatement and do they have a real plan and direction?

Luckily DDR/Rudy (and hopefully Mills) being gone signals they see something but man, this is big. Because as of now:

SA: has no true all star or foundational piece but does have a ton of cap space + pick 12 and all their future picks. But they need to engage in the other facets of front office duties (trades and free agency).

Memphis: already has their young star, were already as compe ive as SA was despite SA aiming for being a PO team and doing nothing to shape their future or bolster their PO chances and now Mem has a better pick too (pick 10)

Dallas: was a playoff team already and has a generational talent in Luka

NO: has a generational talent in Zion and just cleared their books while still having a top 20 pick

HOU: arguably the only team behind SA but they nailed the Porter Jr trade (no risk all upside), Wood is very solid and they landed the 2nd pick which gives them a shot at landing a franchise guy before Sa

Spurs do have solid youth and tons of flexibility so they can turn things around in due time but they need to show a pulse here fast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second pick Peltons:

13. Wieskamp
    14. Primo
    15. Hyland
    16. Johnson, Jalen
    17. Blassey
    18. Cunnigham
    19. Ballock
    20. Sharpe
    21. Edwards
    22. Steward
    23. Ayayi
    24. Nix
    25. Springer
    26. Aldama
    27. Barnes
    28. Valicka
    29. Kispert
    30. Jackson
    31. Schakel
    32. Livers
    33. Hurt
    34. Duarte
    35. Butler
    36. Hauser
    37. Thomas
    38. Boston
    39. Williams, Ziaire
    40. Robinson-Earl
    41. McBride
    Last edited by Drom John; 07-27-2021 at 12:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concerns about the MEM deal is it shows just how stagnant SA has been and how uncreative they are. They’ve supposedly taken the “safe” route but have what to show for it? All the teams in SAs division either were already in playoffs or have a brighter futures and for what?

If your going to play it safe you should at least have playoffs to show for it and other teams in the division are ahead and have better foundations as of now. To say this draft and off season is big for Sa is a massive understatement and do they have a real plan and direction?

Luckily DDR/Rudy (and hopefully Mills) being gone signals they see something but man, this is big. Because as of now:

SA: has no true all star or foundational piece but does have a ton of cap space + pick 12 and all their future picks. But they need to engage in the other facets of front office duties (trades and free agency).

Memphis: already has their young star, were already as compe ive as SA was despite SA aiming for being a PO team and doing nothing to shape their future or bolster their PO chances and now Mem has a better pick too (pick 10)

Dallas: was a playoff team already and has a generational talent in Luka

NO: has a generational talent in Zion and just cleared their books while still having a top 20 pick

HOU: arguably the only team behind SA but they nailed the Porter Jr trade (no risk all upside), Wood is very solid and they landed the 2nd pick which gives them a shot at landing a franchise guy before Sa

Spurs do have solid youth and tons of flexibility so they can turn things around in due time but they need to show a pulse here fast.
    Dude, Houston is in ing terrible shape? Woods and Porter Jr? A journeyman and potential headcase and a total ing headcase? Plus the worst owner in sports.

Maybe stop ing and realize this franchise was in the tiest shape after Nephew nuked them. They were supposed to still be contending right now. It took ing years for NOP, Dallas and Memphis to get their good players. The Spurs managed to get a decent core with the ing #29 pick in multiple years. They could be even better if they didn't let one of those late picks go to the Grizzlies.

Memphis, meanwhile, had to eat a load of salary, killing their cap, and trade a good productive center just to move up seven slots in the draft. The Spurs are already there.

Goddamn is this fanbase too much. I get frustrated, too, but yipping and stammering about 'not doing much' -- please tell me you're not one of those who want to trade Dejounte Murray to move up a few spots. And then expect the Spurs, who never give away much during pre-drafts, to be doing interpretive dance Cirque du Soleil numbers with fireworks in the streets to please you with a 'pulse.'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Names not on Pelton's top 41 include:

44. Johnson, Keon
    45. Petrusev
    50. Jones, Kai
    51. Queta
    53. Garza
    61. Bouknight
    78. Mitc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's probably on the table, I don't think anything happens until they see who's on the board at 12 though.
    I think that’s important. Until they see who is at 12, they can’t really gauge if they want to trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a Pelton fan (Kawhi, Jokic, VanFleet, Haliburton).

1. Sengun
    2. Garuba
    3. Giddey
    4. Wagner
    5. Moody
    6. Murphy
    7. Kuminga
    8. Mobley
    9. Suggs
    10. Champagnie
    11. Thor
    12. Green
    Wow! Sengun #1, Garuda #2. Giddey and Wagner 3 and 4. Well at least he has pelotas!! Moody number 5. Murphy 6. Pelotudo.

well because there are some guys that are overrated and will bust (like every year), some of those will go lower than projected.

however there are good teams drafting ahead of the Spurs, with decent scouting and drafting histories, therefore it’s tricky…. But so interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Edit: is this a list of your favorites? If it is, still thanks for sharing, interesting list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, Houston is in ing terrible shape? Woods and Porter Jr? A journeyman and potential headcase and a total ing headcase? Plus the worst owner in sports.

Maybe stop ing and realize this franchise was in the tiest shape after Nephew nuked them. They were supposed to still be contending right now. It took ing years for NOP, Dallas and Memphis to get their good players. The Spurs managed to get a decent core with the ing #29 pick in multiple years. They could be even better if they didn't let one of those late picks go to the Grizzlies.

Memphis, meanwhile, had to eat a load of salary, killing their cap, and trade a good productive center just to move up seven slots in the draft. The Spurs are already there.

Goddamn is this fanbase too much. I get frustrated, too, but yipping and stammering about 'not doing much' -- please tell me you're not one of those who want to trade Dejounte Murray to move up a few spots. And then expect the Spurs, who never give away much during pre-drafts, to be doing interpretive dance Cirque du Soleil numbers with fireworks in the streets to please you with a 'pulse.'
    Yeah. You’re overly emotional and all I posted was facts based on where we are. It’s not conjecture. It’s not about how or why we are here. But it’s where we are and what battles we are facing.

SA would trade nearly every player on the roster for that #2 pick so as as HOU is, landing that pick puts them on a solid enough path. Wood would be one of the best players on the Spurs right now Porter Jr being a headcase doesn’t change the fact he was no risk for HOU and has shown immense upside (more than many on SA and I love our youth)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me just get my head around all this.

1) Spurs are looking to move up in the draft.
    2) Spurs are looking to move back in the draft.
    3) Spurs have their mind made up on who they want at no. 12.
    4) Spurs have several options at no. 12
    5) Spurs will trade their pick for an established player.

Sounds like every other team in the league.
    This draft needs to hurry up and happen already!!!!!!
    When you’re picking in the middle of the first round, you prepare for the possibility of players you like falling to you at 12, a player you like being available in a trade up scenario, and you prepare for a scenario where your preferred options are all unavailable at 12 and it makes sense to take 2 swings at the end of the round.

Fischer also isn’t Woj, Shams or one of the top tier reporters and could be reporting bad or fabricated info. Don’t think there’s much here.

Hollinger has clout but I always think about parsons whenever he has a hot take or some sort of clairvoyant ramblings.
    There are a handful of guys who are really tapped into the top tier of NBA networks, but the overwhelming majority of reports are from writers who do the same thing everyone on Spurstalk does-- look at hoopshype, look at RealGM, look at a dozen other sites. It's fun to play GM-- we all do it, right?-- but most writers cheat the reality a bit because "some sources" sounds a lot more authoritative than "my complete guess."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And beyond all this - what about my post do you actually disagree with?

Who cares if it took them “years” to get to this point? Who cares if nephew nuked us? Who cares if SA got a decent core with late picks?

That is all true and still doesn’t’ change the reality or point of my post. Did I say SA is awful and sucks and is so screwed and has no chance of doing anything meaningful and needs to make up all the lost ground immediately?

No. No I did not.

I simply stated where we are at, regardless of excuses or reasoning, and that they are clearly at a crossroads where they need TO START showing a pluse. Showing a pulse and having direction doesn’t mean things get fixed right away. Stating they don’t have a franchise talent to build around yet while all others outside of HOU do, doesn’t mean they can’t get one.

And furthermore; one of my main points is how the MEM deal has highlighted the issues within the Spurs FO. They have been downright awful and stuck in neutral in 2/3rds of FO responsibility: Draft and Free Agency.

Whether it all works out great for MEM or not, they are being creative using their assets (cap space) to make moves, obtain better assets and give themselves a good shot at competing for PO or being flexible. Dallas pulled off a bold trade for Luka. MEM has made moves and been creative and taken calculated risks.

HOU made a great low risk, high reward trade with KPJ and now has the 2nd pick because they choose to bottom out when their star demanded a trade vs clinging to the delusion of being a good team like SA did.

It’s simply a snap shot of the reality we find ourselves in - so unless you disagree with any of that, I don’t see your issue outside of being emotional about it?
    Last edited by DPG21920; 07-27-2021 at 01:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're very clearly in a holding pattern where the franchise is being held hostage by one man's ego. I wouldn't look for any worthwhile changes until the old man stench is gone tbh.

Thread Information