Page 35 of 171 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bamba is only 22 years old and in his third season.
    In that regard, just last Wednesday, Bamba had 19 points and 15 rebounds. I'd take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigs are less valuable than they used to be, sure, but I think it's an overstatement to say they're not useful or sought after anymore. Utah, Philly, and Phoenix have the three best records in the league and each features a more or less traditional big. Anthony Davis set a record for Player Efficiency Rating in the final last year while winning a championship, and Nikola Jokic is a few months away from being named the MVP. Granted, Jokic is nontraditional-- but he's still a big.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 05-09-2021 at 09:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where all my Wiseman fanbois at?
    I’m still on the train. Also still on the Kira Lewis express. Who foresaw the Pels using Zion as a defacto PG for most of the season (basically pushing Kira to 4th on the depth chart)?

As long as injuries don’t derail his career, I suspect he’ll be a major force in 2-3 years. Too much talent, character, work ethic to fail.

GS have gone full MVP Steph ball and are risking the longevity of his career by squeezing into a play in tournament.

Will be interested in what moves they make come the Off season to stay compe ive next year.
    I suspect they may dangle Wiseman as the centrepiece for a hard run at Bradley Beal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where all my Wiseman fanbois at?
    Shouldn't be a surprise, tbh:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10479543

Wiseman had a terrible rookie season, tbh. Extremely low feel, which was the worry based on his high school tape. Makes his production (which wasn't even that impressive) meaningless. He has the tools to improve but it will take a while. The Spurs' lowest feel player is probably Lonnie but he is Manu Reincarnate compared to Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Edwards is looking like he may be worth that pick though tbh
    Is he? I thought he was just a chucker who doesn’t lift teammates and takes horrible shots. Not that I’ve been paying attention to him, but dude has all the tools of being a chucker. Low assist, high FGA, low shooting percentage. They basically redrafted Wiggins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still on the train. Also still on the Kira Lewis express. Who foresaw the Pels using Zion as a defacto PG for most of the season (basically pushing Kira to 4th on the depth chart)?

As long as injuries don’t derail his career, I suspect he’ll be a major force in 2-3 years. Too much talent, character, work ethic to fail.

GS have gone full MVP Steph ball and are risking the longevity of his career by squeezing into a play in tournament.

Will be interested in what moves they make come the Off season to stay compe ive next year.
    I suspect they may dangle Wiseman as the centrepiece for a hard run at Bradley Beal.
    If Minny keeps their pick, 1-3, then GS has only Wiseman as an asset to move Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he? I thought he was just a chucker who doesn’t lift teammates and takes horrible shots. Not that I’ve been paying attention to him, but dude has all the tools of being a chucker. Low assist, high FGA, low shooting percentage. They basically redrafted Wiggins
    Edwards has been better than I thought and I was high on him last year. He looks like he could be a legit franchise player who may actually be able to impact winning and losing unlike like KAT who is obviously really talented. In a few seasons, Edwards looks like he'll be a big time scorer and compe or who can pass well enough. Add in rapidly improving defense and he's looking like a no-brainer top two pick in the draft. I'd only rate Ball ahead of him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, I'm bored. Dejounte needs something to do with the season winding down, SO:

Roko Prkacin is a better prospect than Franz Wagner!

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...--franz-wagner

Defend your man-crush Dejounte!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, I'm bored. Dejounte needs something to do with the season winding down, SO:

Roko Prkacin is a better prospect than Franz Wagner!

http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...--franz-wagner

Defend your man-crush Dejounte!
    Brother, I don't really care what other people think these days lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I saw him play part of an exhibition game at Duke and knew within' a few minutes that would ultimately be his role. I don't know what took the Pelicans so long or why Van Gundy is being praised for doing the obvious.

Even if Beal is ready to ask out, Wiseman has not shown enough to be the centerpiece of the package.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw him play part of an exhibition game at Duke and knew within' a few minutes that would ultimately be his role. I don't know what took the Pelicans so long or why Van Gundy is being praised for doing the obvious.

Even if Beal is ready to ask out, Wiseman has not shown enough to be the centerpiece of the package.
    In the NBA...based on an exhibition game? Full credit to you if you did.
    I think we'll see his role diversify more as his career progresses. The ripple effect across the roster of having your PF basically play PG most of the game seems untenable long term if only for the mismatched skills you'd find across those lineups. Kira at some point has to play consistently and in a way that makes sense ie. Dynamic Lead ball handling guard with upside, based on a reason why you'd draft him in the first place.
    Was never a fan of pairing Steven Adams with that roster. Solved one problem but introduced countless others.
    Big Off-season for them. Everyone but Z should be on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards has been better than I thought and I was high on him last year. He looks like he could be a legit franchise player who may actually be able to impact winning and losing unlike like KAT who is obviously really talented. In a few seasons, Edwards looks like he'll be a big time scorer and compe or who can pass well enough. Add in rapidly improving defense and he's looking like a no-brainer top two pick in the draft. I'd only rate Ball ahead of him.
    You would know better than me, seeing as I haven't seen a Wolves game since we played them
    I kinda see just his highlights, but just from a stats standpoint, dangerous way to make an analysis I know, he looks kinda ty. 40% from 2. 32% from 3. He doesn't assist. And as a rookie I can almost guarantee he doesn't defend. He's like 20 I think and plenty of room for improvement. But Minny can't develop talent for and I don't think he's going to really improve that much in sucha ty organization. He will be a stat stuffer like Towns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Anyone else notice that Minny has slipped out of the Top 3, and their pick is currently earmarked for GS? They could draw into the top 3, but damn. They still owe GS a pick in 2023, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    . Anyone else notice that Minny has slipped out of the Top 3, and their pick is currently earmarked for GS? They could draw into the top 3, but damn. They still owe GS a pick in 2023, too.
    It'll be funny if GS get the 6th or 7th pick. It won't be valuable enough and with Wiseman having a terrible season it'll make their best Beal offer very underwhelming.

They don't owe GS their 2023 pick. If this year's is top 3 then they owe them next year's, unprotected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone making decisions using a Magic 8 ball or a ouija board would've easily outperformed the FO of the Timberwolves in the last 15 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we'll see his role diversify more as his career progresses. The ripple effect across the roster of having your PF basically play PG most of the game seems untenable long term if only for the mismatched skills you'd find across those lineups. Kira at some point has to play consistently and in a way that makes sense ie. Dynamic Lead ball handling guard with upside, based on a reason why you'd draft him in the first place.
    Was never a fan of pairing Steven Adams with that roster. Solved one problem but introduced countless others.

I like Z as a ballhandler, but having him be the primary seems like it would tap too much energy long term. Having a Pippen/Jordan/Harper dynamic seems like the best idea to me, and I'm amazed more teams don't employ that approach. It's like the Sky Hook! Single most effective offensive weapon in NBA history, and almost nobody uses it.

I felt the same about the Steven Adams signing-- it didn't make sense to me. I think New Orleans had great #s last year pairing Zion and Derrick Favors, so they thought that type of combo worked for some reason.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Sengun and Giddey for the Spurs. Mo Wagner will more than likely not be an all star so I dont want him. No way Moody falls. Jalen Johnson is just Keldon Johnson with less passion and aggression. Bouknight ain’t shooting it like Jamal Murray so pass. Kai Jones moves like Giannis so I’m intrigued.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intrigued by Springer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intrigued by Springer
    Back in the day it used to be an entertaining show.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was shocked he wasn't utilized that way from day one by the Pelicans.

He's only a "PF" because it's his primary defensive position. He's really a big wing with superior strength to most C's. Similar to Antetokounmpo, who's minimally co-ran point for a while or even Simmons (granted not as strong and can legit guard 1-4), who runs it solo.

They obviously need to put more shooting around him, which is why Adams was a foolish pickup, but Griffin is too close with the national media to be called out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown out for the season for the Celtics. Talk about being snake bit. They could slide further down the loss column.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the share. Would fit in excellently with Murray, Lonnie, Vassell, and White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was shocked he wasn't utilized that way from day one by the Pelicans.

He's only a "PF" because it's his primary defensive position. He's really a big wing with superior strength to most C's. Similar to Antetokounmpo, who's minimally co-ran point for a while or even Simmons (granted not as strong and can legit guard 1-4), who runs it solo.

They obviously need to put more shooting around him, which is why Adams was a foolish pickup, but Griffin is too close with the national media to be called out.
    Yeah I see him as a big wing too, but more so in a slasher mould akin to a Gerald Wallace or even our own Keldon Johnson. He has the talent to redefine the position though, that's for sure.
    He's a match-up nightmare. However, he does create problems for their own defense by being somewhat of a tweener (not to mention Offensive dependency and deficiencies if lead ball handler for long periods of game time).

I wonder who would be best to pair with him long term in the Front Court. Myles Turner perhaps?
    Like you stated they def. need more shooting, would both teams go for an Ingram, perhaps a Pick / Turner, TJ Warren deal?

Interesting...

Sorry gents, got a bit off thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A sleeper and I guy I like that might be available low 1st early 2nd round is Trey Murphy III out of University of Virginia. 6’9” power/small forward who is a really good 3 point shooter and defender.

if he stays in the draft and does well with interviews and combine he might rise up the boards but he is definitely a guy later in the draft that could be a really good role player for a number of NBA teams.

Thread Information