Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I posted an article from a local news station in Sacramento tbh.
    Got a link?

Those quotes in what I posted are from Haliburton himself but I guess it's possible there's something more to the story.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude! Go to your kid's ceremony, nothing you do will affect the draft results and you can read about it on spurstalk later...
    No joke. We all know how this goes. The day before and the day of, anyone that we consider drafting are highly criticized to the point we don't want to draft anyone and trade the pick for next year. Then, once drafted, Spurstalk will be flooded with articles about how this was who the Spurs wanted all along and fluff pieces to get everyone optimistic. There will be youtube clips and lots of line up speculations....and then the player will spend the year in the G- League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will miss the real time epic meltdown in the draft thread
    Tbh, this is one reason I put Kispert first. The meltdown if the Spurs pick him would be pretty epic, especially if the Senguns and Giddeys are on the board

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, this is one reason I put Kispert first. The meltdown if the Spurs pick him would be pretty epic, especially if the Senguns and Giddeys are on the board

cue the whack-a-mole trolls who only show up when things aren’t good— screaming for attention, calling out people they disagree with (it’s like yelling at the sky) and wanting so badly to be acknowledged

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well he sounds drunk.
    Sounds like it to me too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we are making this way too complicated. Other teams may do trades inside the top 11 and I truly expect some to be made just not by the spurs. That's been their history. it might change but probably won't. Which ever player hasn't been selected is who we will take.
    I gave up trying to figure out how the spurs will draft because it doesn't always make sense or pan out. I can hear it already, "they drafted a guard - but we need rebounding or they drafted for rebounding but he can't shoot a three pointer or make free throws" or this is a popular one "he's a project who's two years away". Whoever they draft will stir up some controversy with some people. I'm just getting ready for all the #@#$% opinions that will surely be flying tomorrow. After that it will be free agency....that should really be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "According to Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated, the Spurs would like to move into the top 10. However, they could very well stick with the 12th overall selection"

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    "According to Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated, the Spurs would like to move into the top 10. However, they could very well stick with the 12th overall selection"
    this is the most throwaway comment of all time. this could be said of literally any team sitting outside of the top 10. Thanks Jeremy Woo for the insight

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prolly the same people who want to break the bank or trade multiple players for Duncan Robinson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    woo is really going out on a limb here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we don't really have anything to warrant a trade up. vassel and johnson might get close, but there is no contract worth trading two useful players. A future first A la dallas for luka might fly, is there a luka level talent?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obi going to be a hornet? Would fit pretty well there I would think...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Duarte is a good pick for the Knicks, I feel. Would give up a lot for him, though. If Charlotte trades down, excellent news for the Spurs. And I think it's smart for Charlotte, too: if they want Jackson or Kai Jones or any big, it feels better not reaching at the 11 slot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duarte at 12 for the lols.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How opposing GMs aren't lining up to fleece Brian Wrong and Jerry Sloanovich is beyond me tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Obi + 19 + 21 or even 19 + 21 + 2023 1st would be pretty tempting unless someone we really coveted fell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn it’s my kid’s blackbelt ceremony. Guess we’ll just drop by at the master’s house to get it
    You make jokes!

Tell Sensei Miyagi that his clapped hands never works.
    Freaking bull artist.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a link?

Those quotes in what I posted are from Haliburton himself but I guess it's possible there's something more to the story.
    Maybe this? https://www.sacbee.com/sports/article247300064.html

But it's Givony and Lowe talking about it. Much of it reads like speculation, but who knows?

And then there is this, which kind of sounds like Haliburton is deflecting that question a bit. Again, who knows? https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/vi...cramento-kings

But the way Halliburton answered the question on that video makes it seem like that he and his agent did not explicitly tell any team to not draft him, but they sure could have made it known where they wanted to go. So if you're a team like the Spurs--who were just burned by Kawhi, is he worth the trouble, particularly since Vassell was right there to take?
    Last edited by toki9; 07-28-2021 at 07:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Toppin is a stiff. If they included him, I’d ask for another first rounder to take his salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toppin is a stiff. If they included him, I’d ask for another first rounder to take his salary.
    I'm by no means an Obi Toppin guy but I don't like writing rookies off after one year, even one at an advanced age for such.

His style of play, theoretically, fits the Hornets current core too.

If you feel you can grab your guy at 19, this would be hard to turn down for Charlotte.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a link?

Have to scroll back a bit, but I’ll link you to it when found.

edit: I hadn’t seen but A post above but do believe it was similar or the same I posted. You aren’t going to find a definitive admission, the smoking gun.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-28-2021 at 07:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't kid ourselves folks we know Spurs FO ain't doing crap other then drafting the number they habe by default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasserman seems to be hearing a lot of chatter about Ziaire Williams to Orlando at #8. Seems a bit crazy to me, but he has potential. If Charlotte trades down and Orlando goes for Ziaire, this would wipe out two of the biggest suitors in the Sengun sweepstakes... that is, if the Spurs have any interest whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Giddey giving off Anakin Skywalker vibes.
    GSW confirmed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once you've seen one epic spurstalk meltdown, you've seen them all. The draft meltdown is an annual event, happens every year.
    When was the last time SpursTalk didn't melt down and actually got excited about a draft selection? Lonnie Walker? Dejounte Murray?

Thread Information