Page 154 of 171 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scratch that, I guess two more years. I don't see why NOP would dump him then.
    Because they are desperate to make Zion happy now...they don't think they can afford to wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because they are desperate to make Zion happy now...they don't think they can afford to wait
    So coughing up their lottery pick is what appeals to him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it lands them Kyle Lowry or someone else that could help them win now in free agency, but it is a big gamble because what free agent wants to go to Nola lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't care about the lottery pick...he want them to add veterans (hence why they covet Lowry) and using the lottery pick to create cap space to do that appeals to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll never make Zion happy. He will leave. But at least they will remain desperate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll never make Zion happy. He will leave. But at least they will remain desperate.
    Lol... I absolutely agree with that.... if it were 'me' I'd trade Zion and keep my pick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't care about the lottery pick...he want them to add veterans (hence why they covet Lowry) and using the lottery pick to create cap space to do that appeals to him.
    They're not getting Kyle Lowry. So you're saying losing a high draft pick in a good draft to get rid of a veteran is what appeals to him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're not getting Kyle Lowry. So you're saying losing a high draft pick in a good draft to get rid of a veteran is what appeals to him?
    It does...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must be cool knowing what Zion Williams wants. I suppose he specifically said he wants to trade Bledsoe to the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must be cool knowing what Zion Williams wants. I suppose he specifically said he wants to trade Bledsoe to the Spurs.
    I have to admit...it really is awesome.... I hope you get to experience it someday...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wants the Pelicans to be in win-now mode, according to reports. That doesn't mean moving 10 by itself, but getting cap space probably has value. I've seen deals like Murray for 10 amd Bledsoe though and I'd think that'd be something they'd rather do than just cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven’t considered the possibility of trades even though we know there are teams interested bc it complicates projections a lot once a team is picking for a different one.

I just saw that some teams may want to trade into the back of the lottery therefore opening the possibility of pick swaps. Wanting to trade into the top 4 is obvious, but I don’t think the teams picking there would trade out without a star being on the table.

But the back of the lottery has a lot of rumors. I do see a few pick swaps possibly with players attached.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt N.O. would move 10 just to dump guaranteed $22 million. They could stretch waive over 5 seasons.

Boston gave up 16 to get off like $30 million from kemba to horford on top of saving money in the 20/21 calendar year.

Unless Zion is super tight with Lonnie then I don't see it. I wouldn't want Murray given up for 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The comments I saw aren’t of that nature.

They are more from teams that have guys coming up for extensions they don’t want to pay and they’d rather get an asset if a guy they like is on the table. More like the Spurs trading Hill for 15 back in the day but if you were to add a pick swap. Like a Grayson Allen and 17 for a low lotto pick just bc you don’t think you’ll reup Grayson Allen and he’s a proven shooter that might interest somebody who wants to trade down. I mean I don’t know if any of these happens, but I saw it suggested and hadn’t considered it. I thought I’d mention it. Grizzlies have made moves every summer and like to trade. They might want to get a specific guy in the back of the lottery for example.

The Spurs are likely to get someone from a list of players they like anyways at 12.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-24-2021 at 10:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt N.O. would move 10 just to dump guaranteed $22 million. They could stretch waive over 5 seasons.

Boston gave up 16 to get off like $30 million from kemba to horford on top of saving money in the 20/21 calendar year.

Unless Zion is super tight with Lonnie then I don't see it. I wouldn't want Murray given up for 10
    Yeah. The Spurs could throw in Walker IV to balance it out.

Again, I'll believe them taking advantage of a Kings, Pelicans, etc. and attaining draft capital when I see it though.

Banned
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    The comments I saw aren’t of that nature.

They are more from teams that have guys coming up for extensions they don’t want to pay and they’d rather get an asset if a guy they like is on the table. More like the Spurs trading Hill for 15 back in the day but if you were to add a pick swap. Like a Grayson Allen and 17 for a low lotto pick just bc you don’t think you’ll reup Grayson Allen and he’s a proven shooter that might interest somebody who wants to trade down. I mean I don’t know if any of these happens, but I saw it suggested and hadn’t considered it. I thought I’d mention it. Grizzlies have made moves every summer and like to trade. They might want to get a specific guy in the back of the lottery for example.

The Spurs are likely to get someone from a list of players they like anyways at 12.
    Couldn't you just imagine what it would be like to bag Grayson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random question, but several years back, Toronto had a pick (I can’t remember if it was in the teens or the 20’s), but whoever they drafted then was widely considered by people to be a big reach. Does anyone remember that and who the pick was?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random question, but several years back, Toronto had a pick (I can’t remember if it was in the teens or the 20’s), but whoever they drafted then was widely considered by people to be a big reach. Does anyone remember that and who the pick was?
    Bruno Caboclo?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruno Caboclo, 2014. Most people had him as a late second round pick and was selected 20th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are two distinct times you could be referring to, actually. In 2014, the Raptors took Bruno Cabocalo at 20. They'd promised to pick in him the second round but got spooked he'd get snatched up before that so took him early. Two years later, they took Pascal Siakam at 27, which puzzled a lot of folks who'd come to believe Ujuri was a risky and bad drafter. One worked, one didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see the rationale in not accepting a Murray for Bledsoe and 10 swap if you are willing to deal DJM at all. It's basically salary neutral, so it doesn't prevent a Collins signing or any other use of cap space. Bledsoe can back up White for a year. With both of their injury histories, it might make sense to bring in a bigger PG who might be able to fill in SG minutes if those become available, or the team might see a PG at 10 or 12 they'd want to develop. Or if the team decides to bring DeRozan back and stay over the cap, they'll have the ball-handling the team needs to survive with PGs with shaky health. Obviously, if the Spurs don't like multiple players in the 10-12 range, that diminishes the value of a pick. But considering how much value they were able to add to their 29th pick from 2016, maybe in a couple of years time, they'll have something even more valuable from the 10th pick in 2021.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the rationale in not accepting a Murray for Bledsoe and 10 swap if you are willing to deal DJM at all. It's basically salary neutral, so it doesn't prevent a Collins signing or any other use of cap space. Bledsoe can back up White for a year. With both of their injury histories, it might make sense to bring in a bigger PG who might be able to fill in SG minutes if those become available, or the team might see a PG at 10 or 12 they'd want to develop. Or if the team decides to bring DeRozan back and stay over the cap, they'll have the ball-handling the team needs to survive with PGs with shaky health. Obviously, if the Spurs don't like multiple players in the 10-12 range, that diminishes the value of a pick. But considering how much value they were able to add to their 29th pick from 2016, maybe in a couple of years time, they'll have something even more valuable from the 10th pick in 2021.
    I don't think the #10 pick is better than Murray, especially considering that the salary is a wash and Bledsoe is trash. I wouldn't count on Bledsoe to back up anyone, his career is shattered and he's done.

Maybe if it was Murray into capspace or an exception for 10 I could get on board, but Bledsoe is such negative salary that the Spurs would be doing them a favor.

And there's probably going to be someone i like at 10, and a good chance no one I like left at 12. But I just don't see the juice as worth the squeeze. Maybe if they threw in some good seconds and one of their many future firsts. Because as it is they'd be turning their #10 into a ready to go starter while getting off the tirefire of Bledsoe. Too good a deal for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the #10 pick is better than Murray,
    Absolute truth. I read no further.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the #10 pick is better than Murray, especially considering that the salary is a wash and Bledsoe is trash. I wouldn't count on Bledsoe to back up anyone, his career is shattered and he's done.

Maybe if it was Murray into capspace or an exception for 10 I could get on board, but Bledsoe is such negative salary that the Spurs would be doing them a favor.

And there's probably going to be someone i like at 10, and a good chance no one I like left at 12. But I just don't see the juice as worth the squeeze. Maybe if they threw in some good seconds and one of their many future firsts. Because as it is they'd be turning their #10 into a ready to go starter while getting off the tirefire of Bledsoe. Too good a deal for them.

+1

Thread Information