Page 22 of 171 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gui Santos - Brazilian. ESPN just did a write up on him. #33 in their evaluation for 2022 draft, but he's putting paperwork in for this draft. Overseas restrictions on travel are loosening, more scouts are seeing him play.

18 yrs old, 6'8 215lbs G/F 7'1 wingspan. Just from the clips I've seen, can hit the 3, can initiate an offense, can lead the break. Can play off the ball, corner 3 position, move and cut to the rim. Not afraid to stick his nose in and rebound, will go for offensive put back tips or dunks. Defensively a bit slow with footwork, but he works to stay with his man and his wingspan gives him the ability for steals and blocks. He needs better discipline or he'll get cheap fouls, but he works on D.

Clips I've seen are him playing with national team or pro team he's playing with now, looks like HS gyms. But, WHY is ESPN talking about this guy NOW. There has to be talk of him being a possible 1st round pick in this draft, just on his age and measurables alone, for him to be putting in paperwork for this draft. And there is plenty of time between now and the draft to do homework on him.

Has anyone heard of this guy??
    Lots of guys drop paperwork, and then drop out, especially 18 year olds. The reality is that you can’t participate in the draft process or combine without declaring.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember more or less liking what I saw from him in a couple Nebraska games I watched. Apparently he grew like 4 inches since high school, and his game reflects that--he's a gigantic point guard.

Biggest issue with Banton for me would be his shooting. He has an incredibly slow release, and he doesn't have good percentages (41.1% FG / 24.7% 3PT / 65.9% FT). For a guy who was recruited out of high school as a 4-star 6'5 PG, he really should have more of a mid-range/3pt game than he does. He's going to need to spend a lot of time with Chip Engelland.

He also needs to get stronger, but since he had a late growth spurt, I'm less concerned about that being unfixable than I am his woeful shooting.

He's a fun boom/bust second rounder if they want a project who will need a lot of time in Austin, but has some nice traits to work with.
    Yeah, it's concerning, the shooting that is. I'm curious in him because I'm interested i n players who are great passers, especially players that could play forward. He seems comfortable posting small players and passing out to the open man. I could see him as a fun part of the second unit/beautiful game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now looking at the draft I am thinking we draft 13 to 18 with that said I think the following players will be available it just depends on who we want?

* Tre Man - 6’6 - G - 19yrs
    * Alperen Sengun - 6’10 - C - 18yrs
    * Jaden Springer - 6’4 - G - 18yrs
    * Josh Giddey - 6’8 - PG - 18yrs
    * Karl Franz Wagner - 6’9 - SF - 19yrs
    * Isaiah Jackson - 6’10 - PF/C - 19yrs
    * Usman Garuba - 6’8 - PF/C - 18yrs
    * Zaire Williams - 6’8 - SF - 19yrs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now looking at the draft I am thinking we draft 13 to 18 with that said I think the following players will be available it just depends on who we want?

* Tre Man - 6’6 - G - 19yrs
    * Alperen Sengun - 6’10 - C - 18yrs
    * Jaden Springer - 6’4 - G - 18yrs
    * Josh Giddey - 6’8 - PG - 18yrs
    * Karl Franz Wagner - 6’9 - SF - 19yrs
    * Isaiah Jackson - 6’10 - PF/C - 19yrs
    * Usman Garuba - 6’8 - PF/C - 18yrs
    * Zaire Williams - 6’8 - SF - 19yrs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he is definitely more development would need 3 years of G League but has high upside if you think he could reach his potential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Boston, Terrence Clarke, Jalen Johnson, Kai Jones, Scottie Lewis, and Moses Moody all joined Klutch today.

Yeah he is definitely more development would need 3 years of G League but has high upside if you think he could reach his potential

Do you understand how much this place would meltdown if a rookie spent 3 years in the G-league?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/yoDROPsaRSo

NBA Draft Junkies on Sengun. It’s not a long segment and it’s mostly curated clips with different areas to focus on. Jump to 3:33 to see more of his passing highlights. I go back-and-forth with him. The only reason to take him would be if he has serious upside as a passing big man, in my opinion.

IF he does have superior passing, AND you could play inside out with him (a lot of maybes), then our glut of guards becomes advantageous as you could play Sengun down low have him either use his old school post moves down low or pass to cutters or shooters. The path to that seems low, but it’s a path to consider and it means Yak may need to go, otherwise we would be drafting a backup big that doesn’t seem to shoot from outside.

To be clear, I don’t see this happening, but I finally see a path for how he could fit.
    Really interesting, my guess is that he will be fine offensively, he has a good IQ but the passing ability are intriguing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon Boston, Terrence Clarke, Jalen Johnson, Kai Jones, Scottie Lewis, and Moses Moody all joined Klutch today.

Do you understand how much this place would meltdown if a rookie spent 3 years in the G-league?
    This place will melt no matter what everyone has there favorite Cats - But is it just me that it seems this draft I am like OK not getting excited about any one player - while most years I am all into it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With skill being so important, and young players typically lacking in skill, and not sticking with small market teams longterm, drafting players who are more developed has a logic and is an undervalued market. Sure, less superstar potential with a 23-year old, but the Spurs take so long to play their young players, so to speak, I wonder if drafting older players makes more sense. Flipside is that small market teams also need to gamble on high ceiling players to have any chance at finding a superstar. So, basically, it’s really hard being a small market team.
    Derrick White was one of the oldest rookies available and it was right to draft him based on his production. He wasn’t a lottery pick and maybe that made the team comfortable taking him. But he still spent a year in the Gleague when it looked like he could have contributed right away because “it wasn’t his time.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White was one of the oldest rookies available and it was right to draft him based on his production. He wasn’t a lottery pick and maybe that made the team comfortable taking him. But he still spent a year in the Gleague when it looked like he could have contributed right away because “it wasn’t his time.”
    No, we still had Tony and Manu. That’s what time it was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, we still had Tony and Manu. That’s what time it was.
    That’s only two guards. They were rested often at that stage in their careers and even got injuries mid season and nags. I don’t feel like doing a revision on your behalf bc there’s no point since your bias is evident but if you feel like it look at all the guards that played more than White his rookie season. Heck, more recently Pop had q preference for Bryn Forbes over White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s only two guards. They were rested often at that stage in their careers and even got injuries mid season and nags. I don’t feel like doing a revision on your behalf bc there’s no point since your bias is evident but if you feel like it look at all the guards that played more than White his rookie season. Heck, more recently Pop had q preference for Bryn Forbes over White.
    Have you figured out yet that everyone spends a year in Austin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Moses Moody looks solid. I don't see many holes in his game. If he measures out as a legit 6-foot-6 or 6-foot-7, he'd be a strong pick in the late lottery. Has sneaky upside and is already advanced across the board. Whether he's the lead scorer or a complementary piece on the court, he seems to know that the role entails.

-Watched some Ayo Dosunmu because he's regarded as a high-character, team-first type of kid the Spurs like to draft. Plus his stats are pretty impressive. But no, not interested. Too small, too unathletic. Low release on shot. Dribbles too much. Not much court vision.

-I'm a little lower on Kispert after watching more of him. Amazing shooting stroke, deceptively big and strong, and comes off of screens well. But basketball instincts and basketball IQ are iffy. Makes more mistakes than he should. For a senior, that's pretty worrisome. His shooting is such a fit that I couldn't be mad about drafting him at ~14 but there's definite bust potential there.

-I'm just starting on Roko Prkacin but he actually looks really intriguing so far. I haven't seen measurements but it looks like he has long arms and big hands. Can run and jump pretty well. Plays physical and doesn't shy away from big moments. Three-point stroke looks okay. I have more to watch but so far he looks intriguing enough to take in the lottery, tbh, especially because he doesn't turn 19 until November.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Moses Moody looks solid. I don't see many holes in his game. If he measures out as a legit 6-foot-6 or 6-foot-7, he'd be a strong pick in the late lottery. Has sneaky upside and is already advanced across the board. Whether he's the lead scorer or a complementary piece on the court, he seems to know that the role entails.
    This is my guy right now. Good shooting, looks very competent despite of being so young. Team first, net positive both on offense and defense, goes to the free throw line a lot. Dude has a very high floor, similarly to Vassell, but I think they would complement each other well. Also, if he'd improve his dribbling and finishing he has legit star potential.

If his draft measurements are good he'll probably be gone by pick 8th though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is my guy right now. Good shooting, looks very competent despite of being so young. Team first, net positive both on offense and defense, goes to the free throw line a lot. Dude has a very high floor, similarly to Vassell, but I think they would complement each other well. Also, if he'd improve his dribbling and finishing he has legit star potential.

If his draft measurements are good he'll probably be gone by pick 8th though.
    Yeah, his free throw rate is a strong point in his favor. I know some scouts are saying it was fluke-ish but, IMO, it's difficult to fluke your way to the line six times per game. He consistently got to the line throughout the season, so I think that's a legitimate skill of his. And in today's NBA, that's a great skill to have.

I think he's probably gone by 13 or 14 ... but, if not, Moody would be an obvious fit for the Spurs. Young with untapped potential but also advanced enough and mature enough that he's not an extreme project who will have trouble fitting in. There might be some overlap with Vassell but, like you said, they're different enough to play them together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moses looks Kawhi Leonard-big. His girth + shoulders looks just as big. He'd serve as a good big wing replacement for DeMar.

Good video on his defense.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-22-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-I'm just starting on Roko Prkacin but he actually looks really intriguing so far. I haven't seen measurements but it looks like he has long arms and big hands. Can run and jump pretty well. Plays physical and doesn't shy away from big moments. Three-point stroke looks okay. I have more to watch but so far he looks intriguing enough to take in the lottery, tbh, especially because he doesn't turn 19 until November.
    It will be really good if we could have moody, he's one of the few SG-SF propsects i will take because i think this team needs a 4 badly and we have a lot of players at the 2-3.
    The only concern for me is not about him but he needs the ball to be effective, imo he could adapts himself to a different role but i don't know in what role he could fit well with us.

About Roko i really like him the first time i saw him in late 2020, he is a complete player with a lot of upside imo. Like Sengun i like the fact that he is playing in a good league at the young age while producing, has a high IQ and can progress a lot imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be disappointed with Usman Garuba. Defensively and size-wise he is exactly what we need and hopefully he can develop more offense as he grows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending no how things breaks, Moody would probably be a good pick if he makes it to the late lottery.

There would be inevitable complaints about "another SG?!", but as timvp said, he seems a relatively high floor and ceiling wing and as some of us have said ad nauseam, pick perceived BPA and sort it out later. They have no foundational player and all of the youth won't be long term fixtures.

Moses looks Kawhi Leonard-big. His girth + shoulders looks just as big. He'd serve as a good big wing replacement for DeMar.

Good video on his defense.
    Measurements aren't exact yet, but I've seen ones ranging from 6'6'' to 6'8'' and 185 to 205 lbs, with a 7'0'' wingspan.

Not exactly "big wing" material and neither is DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs end up taking another wing type of guy because they are BPA that will be ok. Job is not done though. There is a log jam at the 2/3 with the Spurs so someone will have to be shipped out.

Keldon had done decent as PF but he needs to be a SF more often. That means of DJ, White, Vassell and Keldon, nevermind Demar, one of them has to go. I suspect a sign and trade is unlikely with Derozan but Demar and one of the young guns should fetch a decent 4 and then the rook can step in take the place of whoever was moved.

Also, with things getting back to normal next season (fingers crossed) I am hoping training camp and practice means KBD ends up earning more time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, in the above post, I forgot to include IV as one of the young guns. If we draft a BPA that is 6'5" to 6'8" to play the wing, one of the young guys needs to be moved to get a 4.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t be disappointed with Usman Garuba. Defensively and size-wise he is exactly what we need and hopefully he can develop more offense as he grows.
    Actually i think Garuba is a little bit underatted by us. He could be something like a smaller Ibaka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending no how things breaks, Moody would probably be a good pick if he makes it to the late lottery.

There would be inevitable complaints about "another SG?!", but as timvp said, he seems a relatively high floor and ceiling wing and as some of us have said ad nauseam, pick perceived BPA and sort it out later. They have no foundational player and all of the youth won't be long term fixtures.

Measurements aren't exact yet, but I've seen ones ranging from 6'6'' to 6'8'' and 185 to 205 lbs, with a 7'0'' wingspan.

Definitely feel he could be bigger than that. His size pops out of the screen. Obviously I could be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That 7' wingspan would be considered Big Wing type material. 6'7-6'8" height would be ideal though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely feel he could be bigger than that. His size pops out of the screen. Obviously I could be wrong.
    Some of the writeups on him mention his broad shoulders and wide frame, so even if you're not right now, you could be in time as it could be a case where he's the type who has significant room to add strength.

That 7' wingspan would be considered Big Wing type material. 6'7-6'8" height would be ideal though.
    Yeah, it's the strength or lack thereof I was getting at.

It's not even so much about finding a James or S bag defender anymore because of the timelines not aligning, it's more so Doncic, Williamson and Antetokounmpo.

Thread Information