Page 160 of 171 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 4270
    Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Orleans killed Memphis with this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea Kispert is a better athlete than his body type would lead one to believe and also, he’s not one dimensional. He’s an incredible shooter but can make plays with the ball and get to the rim if he’s played close. I think he’s probably better than McDermott who is a great cutter and shooter, scorer but I don’t see enough as a guy who can ballhandle a little for you. Though if he’s added in FA I’d be thrilled, so all in all, I’d be fine.

Kispery may end up being a favorite bc the team is so starved for a true no conscience, ballsy shooter. Pop had too much love for Forbes, so maybe getting him a shooter who is not 6’2” and who is an athlete will change the offense a lot as I’d expect he would fall in love with such a shooter… He might call him the second coming of Larry Legend (considering Bryn Forbes was Steph Curry Part Deux), and he wanted Dejounte to be a better Chris Paul with shooting guard size and forward like rebounds! Lol

Damn I am already selling mysel on Kispert!
    I have heard on some draft podcast or two that Kispert isn't exactly a no-conscience gunner and will hesitate if his shot's not falling. But that was just someone's opinion, I never watched enough to find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They also get a Lakers first rounder for 2022. Unless Le Brons leg falls off, that pick should convey.
    Yeah, but it's not worth much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going with some others and say it's not Giddey they're after and bet it's Moody. I don't think secondary playmaking is something they want to get with their top lottery pick and it doesn't make sense. A defensive, shooting wing does. Plus he's playing in Arkansas so there's an automatic cultural fit (i.e. won't necessary want to leave).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was coming in to post exactly this!!!

Memphis wheeling and dealing. I think they wanted Wagner but since he’s kept rising, the target to me is likely Moody. (Based on their GM gambling high 2 seasons ago trading for Winslow who didn’t pan out).

How does this help memphis outside of the 10th pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not done. They want to move up from 10.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be an amazing THREE breaks for us. Picking Ziaire #8 would be peak Orlando.
    Exactly. We need some ridiculous risers to help our chances. I wasn't thinking Ziaire and Murphy were getting that kind of buzz. Amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does this help memphis outside of the 10th pick?
    Adams is a good anchor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe not expected to remain in Memphis

Chris Haynes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this NO/Memphis deal kills anything for a made up Lakers S&T for DDR...

At this point, unless a future pick is conveyed (if even possible?), I wouldn't do a ST with Lakers

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Interested in Moving Up to Top 10** - "Sources say the Spurs have angled to move up in the draft and into the top 10."

Latest mock from article has them taking kispert

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitc would be a huge mistake. Terrible measurements (pathetic wingspan) and it’s very possible he was productive last year simply because he was older than everyone

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitc would be a huge mistake. Terrible measurements (pathetic wingspan) and it’s very possible he was productive last year simply because he was older than everyone
    I agree. Played with other good guards, hid his flaws. Suspect shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what it would take for memphis to trade to even more. Some really think they're going for Giddey, who I've thought could go top seven or eight. Basically we need someone to swing on Jalen Johnson or Kai Jones, those types.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know what it would take for memphis to trade to even more. Some really think they're going for Giddey, who I've thought could go top seven or eight. Basically we need someone to swing on Jalen Johnson or Kai Jones, those types.
    I think they are going to try and package JJJ + 10 to move up.... not sure anyone bites though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Pistons-Cade

2. Rockets-Green

3. Cavs-Mobley

4. Raptors-Suggs

5. Magic-Barnes

6. Thunder-Bouknight

7. Warriors- Kuminga

8. Magic-Sengun

9. Kings-Wagner

10. Grizzlies-Giddey

With the Warriors taking Kuminga for another team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like the Warriors are the most likely team for Memphis to try to trade up, but what could they offer them? I guess Bledsoe could be a decent bench piece for the Warriors but probably not the "veteran help" they are seeking and I'm not even sure how they make the numbers work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My gut is saying Wagner they want, but who knows. He's the guy you'd have to trade above Sacramento to get, for example. I also don't know what Memphis has to trade to get up there when teams are probably eyeing Warriors alread to get Kuminga.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ah i don't like it as giddey is my favourite with sengun in that range.
    I hadn't seen this b4 it's a big gamble by Memphis. Jonas was a big contributor to team success but not the future. They pick up a 1st and Adams for him, which is better than letting him expire and having to reup him In his 30s to a multi-year deal, or lose his production without replacing it. In that sense I like the move, but they will miss him.

I wouldn't have guessed their target was Giddey, bc they really liked Winslow and I think they are still looking for a big defensive wing, which Giddey won't be, but they may see Giddey as Anderson part deux, plus a little more athletic, and 9 years younger. Because Anderson is really good for them I can see Giddey fitting in. Still think Giddey's not the only possibility for them at that spot which is why they would be comfortable in this trade ahead of the draft. They like a number of guys that would be gone by 17th. If GSW wants Giddey though they have to draft him with 7th.

Spurs, Sengun is the man, and Kispert ... Maybe a big, or they take an upside swing we don't see coming... Well I don't know.lol
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-26-2021 at 05:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’m being delusional but it’s interesting that there isn’t any rumors/chatter with the spurs, last year there was a ton of noise that the spurs were up to something… maybe it’ll be different this year and there won’t be any noise but we make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I’m being delusional but it’s interesting that there isn’t any rumors/chatter with the spurs, last year there was a ton of noise that the spurs were up to something… maybe it’ll be different this year and there won’t be any noise but we make a move.
    Wasn't last year's chatter made up entirely on this board? I've seen some murmurs that SA is looking to move up, like with Sports Illustrated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't last year's chatter made up entirely on this board? I've seen some murmurs that SA is looking to move up, like with Sports Illustrated.
    There was a lot last year, Zach Lowe, the ringer, Keith smith we’re all saying the spurs were up to something if I recall correct

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be a real bummer if Wagner, Sengun, and Giddey are all off of the board when the Spurs pick. Looking increasingly likely that will happen.
    This is a real possibility. I think Sengun might be available but that's far from a sure thing. Giddey and Franz are gone though. One team or another ahead of them is grabbing them.

The Spurs has rumors they offered White and Murray in a trade. They haven't gained traction with a trade but if it happens it will be on draft night. I don't know if the Spurs have a horse in this race other than one of the top 5 which isn't getting traded for White or Murray. But we shall see on draft night. There are always deals that happen on draft night. Maybe they are comfortable with one of a number of possibilities that will be there at 12 though, and I think this is their modus operandi.

Thread Information