Page 1 of 171 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the debacle of a trade deadline and the implosion of the team on the court right now I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to focus on the draft. If we continue our slide in the rankings we could be looking at a top 10 pick. I'm linking the ESPN 'Best Available' list and I'm listing my top picks (not in order) out of the current top 10 on their list.

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

Evan Mobley
    Jonathan Kuminga
    Franz Wagner
    Corey Kispert
    Isaiah Jackson (ok he's 11 on their list but I like his potential)
    Cade Cunningham

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you’re saying top 10 pick I’ll go with Kai Jones from Texas and Queta from Utah St in the 2nd round

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you’re saying top 10 pick I’ll go with Kai Jones from Texas and Queta from Utah St in the 2nd round
    I like Kai Jones and can definitely see him fitting here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was following the tournament and Kai Jones and especially Greg Brown had very disappointing performances. Not worthy of a lottery pick, IMO.

The can't miss prospects are: Mobley, Cade, and Kuminga.

After that, the Spurs should pick up a high upside 4/5 + better than typical BPA: Alperen, Wagner, Jalen Johnson, Scottie Barnes

After that, NBA ready players like Vassell in this draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was following the tournament and Kai Jones and especially Greg Brown had very disappointing performances. Not worthy of a lottery pick, IMO.

After that, the Spurs should pick up a high upside 4/5 + better than typical BPA: Alperen, Wagner, Jalen Johnson, Scottie Barnes

That's a nice list, i will had Roko Prkacin who looks good and promising ( he will be my next prospect thread) and offcourse Isaiah Jackson.

With the way the season is turning, they can try to add a shooter like Kispert who's in mo's list. He can shoot but i prefer Wagner who's more complete.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like Kai and think he's got a good bit of upside (just raw right now). I wouldn't have him in the top 10 but somewhere around 15 I'd start getting interested...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally would have a really hard time passing up Jalen Johnson if he’s on the board. I don’t have chance to talk with him and get an idea of how he might develop in the nba, but the upside of his physical tools is too much not to take a swing at. Legit top 5 talent with question marks.

As the dust settles from the tournament it looks like Wagner might be the pick of destiny. Right fit, right skillset, mocking in most drafts right about where the spurs are slated to pick. I’d be happy.

Greg brown if Wagner is gone. Sengun interests me with his Diaw like offensive skills but I see him getting pushed around in the nba defensively and in today’s nba isn’t a good fit for the 4.

They could strike gold in the lottery if they get smart and start losing now. Kuminga is my guy in the top 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kinda depressing to sit here as a Spurs fan, and think longingly about having something as minor as two extra second round draft picks... but instead the owners saved the equivalent of a single year's salary for one very average bench player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kinda depressing to sit here as a Spurs fan, and think longingly about having something as minor as two extra second round draft picks... but instead the owners saved the equivalent of a single year's salary for one very average bench player.
    Which players do you replace on the roster for these second round picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally would have a really hard time passing up Jalen Johnson if he’s on the board. I don’t have chance to talk with him and get an idea of how he might develop in the nba, but the upside of his physical tools is too much not to take a swing at. Legit top 5 talent with question marks.

As the dust settles from the tournament it looks like Wagner might be the pick of destiny. Right fit, right skillset, mocking in most drafts right about where the spurs are slated to pick. I’d be happy.

Greg brown if Wagner is gone. Sengun interests me with his Diaw like offensive skills but I see him getting pushed around in the nba defensively and in today’s nba isn’t a good fit for the 4.

They could strike gold in the lottery if they get smart and start losing now. Kuminga is my guy in the top 5
    I love JJ's physical tools... I am a little skeptical that his outside shot is going to translate to the NBA. If it does he'd be around pick #5 for me... I'm just not convinced..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a lot of fun to look at potential second round picks at a time when prospects are more potential than reality, but the stats on 2nd round success is dismal. You can always point out the exceptions like Jokic and argue that with a lot second rounders you increase the odds to land one of these exceptios. There may be something to that, but not sure I can remember where this worked. The Spurs have had more success with rehabbing others cast off second round picks or undrafteds (Green, Mils, Baynes, Eubanks)

I'm not exactly arguing against it, it gives us fans something to look forward to and dream of hitting it big at the roulette wheel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You understand that the NBA is a business, right? This isn’t fantasy or 2K. I’m sure most of the small market teams are struggling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if it's really worth it I'd package White and our pick to move up in this draft

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly if it's really worth it I'd package White and our pick to move up in this draft
    I'd be willing to add White or Murray if we could get into the top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they identify someone in the top 5 who is an actual franchise changing talent- everyone should be on the table.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think 7th or 8th is the best we could do so with that here is my list range from 8th to 15:

Corey Kispert - Best shooter in draft and a position of need SF
    Scottie Barnes - your kinda buying on potential but a good chance in bet
    Alperen Sengun - Just a baller has great touch though measurements will sway me I have seen his height listed from 6’8 to 6’10.
    Karl Franz Wagner - A position of need and is a Swiss blade just does a lot
    of everything
    Moses Moody - He has legit potential and I think he would be our best SG on the team
    Isiah Jackson - A twiner but a very athletic PF/C though he would have to add a lot of weight to play regular minutes at C
    Zaire Williams - A position of need this is swinging for the fences
    Day’Ron Sharper - A true Center could get minutes first year

As far as Kai and Brown man they were terrible in March madness maybe back end of first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the Texas Longhorns
    Kai is real young and I think the better prospect

Brown is young too but kind of a jerk/poser-has a good shot and real athletic. May not be very smart.

I like Kai’s at ude more.
    They both need to do some growing

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My pipe dream pick is Evan Mobley, but I would be happy with Isaiah Jackson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we can get in the top 10 and the Minny pick isn't top 3 and stays with GS (say #4 or #5)....I wonder if we could trade a player and our pick to move up? Mobley or Kuminga would be the dream..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just need a monster scorer with 3 point range. We need the person we draft to be the star of the future, at least a two, put prayerfully a one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a weak draft (again). Don't lament the Spurs not landing in the lottery.

Evan Mobley is clearly the best. For upside, I'd take Kai Jones at this early juncture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are UT fans thoughts on Greg Brown? Spurs will probably pick between 12-16

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me Brown was an enigma. Appears to have lots of potential. Good outside shot and jumps out of the gym.
    Way too emotional-posing after dunks and getting teed up. Throwing fits on the bench. Wanting to fight. To me he is a risk but if everyone else is gone maybe worth the risk.
    He is so young he may grow up.
    Also I do not think he is very smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs trade their pick to Milwaukee to bring back Brent Forms.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how it works with the play in tournament ... if we end up at 9 or 10, but do play in, are lottery eligible? How does that work? I could see us sliding down to 10 unless the Pelicans or Sac rises in the standings ...

Thread Information