Page 65 of 171 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t wait. Excited for the Combine (especially the scrimmages) too.

Your top 3 atm for Spurs? Moody, Wagner and Giddey?
    Yezzir

Any of those three and I'm a happy camper

Honestly, the Spurs have done so well with drafting players that even if they draft someone I don't like, I'll get over it.

But if I forget about who my favorites are and if I was to make an educated guess (based off previous selections and what comes out of Wright's/ Pop's/ RC's mouths, there's a pattern in there somewhere), then my Sherlock Holmes hat deduces that it's going to be Wagner.

It just fits in line with everything we've seen and heard.

Character/ over himself - per Wright
    3-level scorer - per Wright
    International - per Spurs' history
    Emphasis on defense - per last three years

I'm sure there are more indicators or clues...

Obviously, Wagner has to be there at #12 for it to be him.

Outside of Wagner, I think it'll be Giddey before Moody. Or even Sengun before Moody.

IMO, the prospect's character has to be REALLY sharp. I think the Spurs' preferences have really tilted that way and it's become VERY important to them for obvious reasons. That's why it's very difficult for me to envision Jalen Johnson being drafted by the Spurs. Or Greg Brown. Or Ziaire... nothing wrong with his conduct, but I think he's the opposite of strong-willed right now due to no fault of his own (a few people close to Ziaire passed away).
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-03-2021 at 10:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My long-awaited video is here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great video! Lots to digest. Wagner remains one of my favorite prospects for where the Spurs are likely to be picking. One thing that really stands out immediately though is how rarely he goes left. And when he does, it’s often a shaky experience. He really needs to improve his handle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great video! Lots to digest. Wagner remains one of my favorite prospects for where the Spurs are likely to be picking. One thing that really stands out immediately though is how rarely he goes left. And when he does, it’s often a shaky experience. He really needs to improve his handle.

J/K Wagner fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 06-05-2021 at 09:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wow.... Look at the difference between picking 12th and 15th! Wagner, Moody, Sengun still possibly available at 12, but almost all of those favs of Spurstalk gone at 15.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh cool that's the page basketball gym, I used to play club basketball on that court. Weird to see him there.

His shooting form looks workable to me if he puts in the time with good development staff. I know he didn't shoot a great percentage in college but the shot isn't broken.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh cool that's the page basketball gym, I used to play club basketball on that court. Weird to see him there.

His shooting form looks workable to me if he puts in the time with good development staff. I know he didn't shoot a great percentage in college but the shot isn't broken.
    scottie is gonna be goooooooood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    scottie is gonna be goooooooood
    I have my doubts. He’s not much of a scorer, and if you’re not a threat, they’ll just play off you, and cut your playmaking off at the legs. His 3pt shooting sucks, and his FT shooting is even worse. This guy is going to cost some GM his job.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Edwards is a nice sleeper in this draft, could be a good 2nd round pick if he's there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edwards is a nice sleeper in this draft, could be a good 2nd round pick if he's there.
    I like Kessler Edwards and Trey Murphy as size/shooting combo options in the second. I prefer Murphy a bit more, but he’s popping into the late first in some mocks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my doubts. He’s not much of a scorer, and if you’re not a threat, they’ll just play off you, and cut your playmaking off at the legs. His 3pt shooting sucks, and his FT shooting is even worse. This guy is going to cost some GM his job.
    That description could somewhat apply to Giddey as well, which is my concern. Still like him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That description could somewhat apply to Giddey as well, which is my concern. Still like him though.
    I’m not that high on Giddey, either. Just look at last year’s version in Deni Avdija. He looked pretty awful for the Wizards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 days until the Lottery

57 days until the Draft
    17 days until the Lottery

54 days until the Draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not that high on Giddey, either. Just look at last year’s version in Deni Avdija. He looked pretty awful for the Wizards.
    I didn't think Avdija looked all that bad considering he had no summer league or training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think Avdija looked all that bad considering he had no summer league or training camp.
    Way too soon to tell. Also on a ed up team where Westbrook has the ball all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So which 2021 prospect will have a hush agreement with the Spurs and pull off a fake “concerning” video in order to hurt his draft stock intentionally? It’s something I’ll be keeping an eye on.

Before Vassell was drafted, he said he didn’t work out for the Spurs. After he was drafted, he admitted he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minor shake-up on my draft board:

I can’t help but shake the feeling that Bouknight has real star potential. While I love Moody’s skillset and physical profile, I’m leaning slightly towards Bouk now because I see a sort of more immediate rise to s om for him. Moody will be good, but it may take a few years to have a breakthrough, if he even has that in him. I love the takeover mentality that Bouk has, and Moody might be lacking in that area. But again, it may be that he simply wanted to play the role he was asked to do by his coach and something like that shouldn’t be seen as a negative. So for now, Bouk is slightly ahead for me for the time being. It’s really a toss up between these two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kessler Edwards and Trey Murphy as size/shooting combo options in the second. I prefer Murphy a bit more, but he’s popping into the late first in some mocks.
    I wonder what Murphy is waiting for. Maybe seeing if he moves into the 1st round?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time I've any seen Sengun. Really skilled offensive big. Good hands, finishes everything with a dunk. Good footwork, looks very comfortable dribbling and handling the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minor shake-up on my draft board:

I can’t help but shake the feeling that Bouknight has real star potential. While I love Moody’s skillset and physical profile, I’m leaning slightly towards Bouk now because I see a sort of more immediate rise to s om for him. Moody will be good, but it may take a few years to have a breakthrough, if he even has that in him. I love the takeover mentality that Bouk has, and Moody might be lacking in that area. But again, it may be that he simply wanted to play the role he was asked to do by his coach and something like that shouldn’t be seen as a negative. So for now, Bouk is slightly ahead for me for the time being. It’s really a toss up between these two.
    Feel like Moody is much more NBA ready than bouk at the moment. Moody has that rare trait of making the game look slower/easy. He's still a teenager as well which says a lot. Bouk is wildly irratic. He's basically lonnie walker. When it works, he looks like he could be a star but half the time you're wondering what was he thinking?

I like the kid, he definitely has a ton of potential. It's mostly in the potential area right now though.

I'd stay with Moody over Bouk.

Wagner, Moody, and Giddey are fun prospects to roll the dice on. It'll be fun watching each one play their first year in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First time I've any seen Sengun. Really skilled offensive big. Good hands, finishes everything with a dunk. Good footwork, looks very comfortable dribbling and handling the ball.
    Love the kids game and old school aggressive mentality. Above average footwork and good understanding of defensive assignments. His inside game on offense and defense are great.

If the kid was a good athlete, he would likely be top 5-10 area. Unfortunately not a great athlete and most of his compe ion was worse. Hard to get a read on how that translates to the Bigs of the NBA which is dominated by quickness and explosiveness. He's young and could easily develop that body of his. Would love him as a prospect but not in The lottery range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Murphy is waiting for. Maybe seeing if he moves into the 1st round?
    Waiting for? Waiting for what? He has declared for the draft.

Thread Information