Page 6 of 171 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched more clips of Sengun. First impression. He seems very coordinated, as with that 360 dunk, but somehow also sort of unathletic. I think he will be blocked a lot in the post in the NBA. Seems to have very little vertical pop. Solid footwork, and evidently likes to study post moves by Tim and Hakeem, but the moves seem slow. Seems to have good BBIQ. Some nice passes from the post. His outside shot isn't a big part of his game it seems, but his 3P percentages seem to be going up. I think he would have to play the 5, which lowers my interest in him some, especially if we resign Dieng.

Edit: to follow up on Dejounte's point, I think he is definitely strong. Huge upper body. Looks way bigger than 6'9". But I think he will get roasted in switches on the perimeter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched more clips of Sengun. First impression. He seems very coordinated, as with that 360 dunk, but somehow also sort of unathletic. I think he will be blocked a lot in the post in the NBA. Seems to have very little vertical pop. Solid footwork, and evidently likes to study post moves by Tim and Hakeem, but the moves seem slow. Seems to have good BBIQ. Some nice passes from the post. His outside shot isn't a big part of his game it seems, but his 3P percentages seem to be going up. I think he would have to play the 5, which lowers my interest in him some, especially if we resign Dieng.

Edit: to follow up on Dejounte's point, I think he is definitely strong. Huge upper body. Looks way bigger than 6'9". But I think he will get roasted in switches on the perimeter.
    Honestly, he still looks like he has baby fat. I wonder if he'll still grow. If he has a good work ethic, I think there's places he could go athletically. I look at Sengun and I recall how Marc Gasol used to look like as a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Keep in mind: this is a photo taken two years ago when Alperen was still ~16.

Usman Garuba is 6'8". The guy in the middle is listed at 6'11".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo he will be a C in the NBA , i don't know how he can guard the perimeter maybe he will have some difficulties but he would not be a liability imo. On offense, i have no doubt about him because of his IQ, hustle, post moves, footwork ...

I agree with dejounte on the baby fat, he can slim down a little bit and to the truth, i understand this impression of a so so athlet but he can have some burst and is not that slow.

I've been down on Garuba because his offense is 1 dimensional and he has no handle, but his defense looks pretty good here. IMO, we need a little more creativity on offense so that's the only thing holding me back from prospects like him.
    He is a nice prospect, i agree with you for the shoot. His height also can be a concern as a 6'8 inside guy but he has a ton of upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone see Sengun being passable at the rim defensively in the nba

and if not will his offense be transcendent enough at his position to make up for the defensive concerns

Huge bust potential if someone takes him in the lottery tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, he still looks like he has baby fat. I wonder if he'll still grow. If he has a good work ethic, I think there's places he could go athletically. I look at Sengun and I recall how Marc Gasol used to look like as a rookie.
    Jokic, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone see Sengun being passable at the rim defensively in the nba

and if not will his offense be transcendent enough at his position to make up for the defensive concerns

Huge bust potential if someone takes him in the lottery tbh.
    The concern is more about the perimeter D, wich is an unknow but he is a good rim protector, not elite but good.

For the bust potential , except maybe 2-3 guys a lot have it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Sengun has even 1/3 the passing ability of Jokic or Marc Gasol, then that would be huge. Most of the clips I'm seeing are focusing on him scoring, as expected for highlight reels.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t picture Sengun guarding Embiid. He looks more like a 4 to me. He’s a high risk pick. Either he will be very good or a bust
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 03-31-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The concern I have with Sengun is that everything I've read and seen about him emphasizes the post-up part of his offense, but the post-up is all but dead in the NBA. Embiid is the one exception to that, but he's still a good shooter, and one of the best interior defenders in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t picture Sengun guarding Embiid. He looks more like a 4 to me. He’s a high risk pick. Either he will be very good or a bust
    He is shorter than Yak, but looks way stronger as far as I can tell. But big picture, very few people can guard Embiid. I'm more worried about him getting roasted on the perimeter like LMA was this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is shorter than Yak, but looks way stronger as far as I can tell. But big picture, very few people can guard Embiid. I'm more worried about him getting roasted on the perimeter like LMA was this year.

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's alot of cap space chasing a poor FA class...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stronger than Jakob Poeltl?

I know I’m not seeing actual commenters on a basketball forum calling Sengun stronger than Poeltl because he can throw his body into 6’8 centers of the euro league

furthermore with his limitations in height and length the concern is at the rim. Maybe he can contest guards in Turkey but if you think Ja Morant is sizing up Sengun and sees anything other than barbecue chicken in the restricted area you are naive as .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much love for undersized backup centers in this board. Precious/Smith was the favorites last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too much love for undersized backup centers in this board. Precious/Smith was the favorites last year.
    6'10 is undersized for you ? i talk about smith .

You don't seem to understand a lot of the talks here, if you have followed last year draft talk they were not favorites. Precious fell off quickly, smith was one of the prospects the forum like but so as pat williams and others...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do people think of Kispert ? Not your prospect with a lot of potential but he could fill the need of shooting, he is lethal in that area.
    True SF imo with good size, Not an elite athlet, doesn't look bad but not explosive, he can drive, shoot of the dribble....

The concern are his age and ceilling and he could be gone before our pick. And the Defense, i don't how he will be in the NBA but i think he can guard correctly SF not named Durant, Kawhi....

A little bit long but interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since I could see them targeting McDermott in free agency, I could obviously see them targeting Kispert in the draft first and they're likely to end up picking in his current projected range of late lottery too.

The number one thing I want to see them place a premium on and target in every acquisition from now on, is 3-point shooting. I don't care if some higher ranked prospect with intriguing physical tools falls to them or projects to be available in their range. If they're not already minimally above average (% + volume), forget it.

Already, there's an issue going forward with Murray, Poeltl and Johnson. They can't afford to exacerbate it further.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-02-2021 at 03:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kispert and he’s probably the most ready SF in the draft being a senior. I think Joe Harris in Brooklyn. I think concerns are defense and like you said, limited ceiling.

I think Wagner, Barnes, and Johnson are better SF prospects although Kispert could provide much needed shooting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is a question I keep asking do we draft for "Value" or do we draft for "Need"? I am on the Tank crew and I am hoping that we can get into the 7 to 12 range which won't give us an Elite player it will give us a legit starter and probably the best player on the Spurs. To me there are so just so many concerns on this team that I can see the Spurs taking a player at all positions to PG to Center if the "Value" is there.

Some of the concerns is Murray is a he a legit PG of the future and if Derozz leaves can he take up the assist that he was providing? Then there is Keldon our spark plug he really needs to improve his 3 ball he as one poster noted can not play with Poodle because Poodle has ZERO offense. I don't think people understand how Poodle gives such and advantage to other teams when they have to play defense as all they have to do is back the paint to shut our who team down. I do think that Keldon will be very good paired with Luka or Dieng on the floor and should probably come off the bench next season.

I am still hoping the Spurs can move Derozz and hopefully get a first out of the trade as this teams needs more talent then just one player - It would be nice to get a SF who has 3 ball range and then draft a SG who can hit 3 ball and who is also a good defender or a C who is mobile and has good outside shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kispert and he’s probably the most ready SF in the draft being a senior. I think Joe Harris in Brooklyn. I think concerns are defense and like you said, limited ceiling.

I think Wagner, Barnes, and Johnson are better SF prospects although Kispert could provide much needed shooting.
    I think Wagner has a higher ceiling than Kispert, and he is probably better all around, but her sure did the bed in Michigan's elimination game the other day. Still agree with you though. It was just one game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do people think of Kispert ? Not your prospect with a lot of potential but he could fill the need of shooting, he is lethal in that area.
    True SF imo with good size, Not an elite athlet, doesn't look bad but not explosive, he can drive, shoot of the dribble....

The concern are his age and ceilling and he could be gone before our pick. And the Defense, i don't how he will be in the NBA but i think he can guard correctly SF not named Durant, Kawhi....

A little bit long but interesting.
    I like Kispert.... I think his ceiling is fairly limited but his floor is pretty high... he has an elite skill and he is an adequate athlete... I think he's an athletic version of Korver...I wouldn't be disappointed with him at all..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Warriors down 50 right now against the Raptors and it's still 3rd quarter.

I said this before: typically 3 out of the top 10 players become stars in every draft. It may be Wiseman is not one of those three.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-02-2021 at 07:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

End of 3rd
    1 2 3 4 T
    GS 26 16 14 56
    TOR 27 35 46 108

Thread Information