Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and as far as we know, this summer was what they found as the time most apt to make moves.

im not going to pretend to know that they will make moves

but i think it’s a little premature to say otherwise

its weird to be upset over the team not being part of the rumor mill. Not exactly a proud honor.

everything points to a somewhat eventful summer. Let’s wait and see before we react.

and it doesnt mean that draft night has to be busy for the Spurs. Maybe scouting suggests theyll get the guy they want regardless of trades.
    I'm not upset with us 'not' being apart of the rumor mill.... I also will admit that their plan all along could have been to wait until this summer to start making moves.... and if they do then that theory will play our before us... up until this point they've been inactive but, I concede that could have been the plan...we'll all know for sure over the next few weeks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not in the Spurs' nature to make big, splashy moves. Memphis has been killing with high draft picks and they are exactly where we are. New Orleans has been making head-turning signings and trades and they're worse than we are. Every indication shows that DDR is moving on. And every indication is that the Spurs will not be a free agent destination for anyone. They'll keep everything close to the vest, be conservative with movements, and keep their draft picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I just want to see us pick a direction...it doesn't even need to be the direction I think is best...just show us they give a damn and pick one..
    +1

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At at franchise that made the most embarrassing "trade" in NBA history, has refused to re-build 3 years into when they should have started (their best player is 27, injury prone and not close to s om), refuses to utilize various avenues to attempt to improve themselves, doesn't communicate with their fans, rests on their laurels, is archaic and still has people making excuses for them . . .

We've seen their act many times; we all more or less know what's coming. At what point do they get held accountable and why are they less a part of NBA discourse nationally than any other team? Again, spare me the "CIA Pop" routine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At at franchise that made the most embarrassing "trade" in NBA history, has refused to re-build 3 years into when they should have started (their best player is 27, injury prone and not close to s om), refuses to utilize various avenues to attempt to improve themselves, doesn't communicate with their fans, rests on their laurels, is archaic and still has people making excuses for them . . .

We've seen their act many times; we all more or less know what's coming. At what point do they get held accountable and why are they less a part of NBA discourse nationally than any other team? Again, spare me the "CIA Pop" routine.
    Why do people continue to spout off this bull ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is putting the cart before the horse but some of these guys that have potential are going to go to teams that have minimal patience and poor developmental staff and could turn into gems down the road when they are cut or traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haven't been paying attention. Any 6' 7" players without shoes with long arms and hands? And weights 225ish? Someone give me the players.
    Why do you not want them to have shoes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you not want them to have shoes?
    He thought he wandered onto a dating site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen his videos. Crazy, amazing vision. I think his lack of athleticism is the main thing, and maybe poor shooting mechanics. He's sort of like a poor man's Lamelo...they even have similar hair styles?

Yeah, it looks like he shares a barber with Lamelo for sure! Athleticism was the alleged rap, but then he posted the 5th best lane agility time at the combine, the 11th best shuttle run time, and a 38.5" vertical... so his showing there was better than expected. I agree, his 3pt shot is funny-- it looks "pushy" and kind of reminds me of a WNBA three, but it seems to work-- he's shot over 39% from there two years in a row. I really like him as a sleeper. If he's just a tier below Lamelo & Haliburton and available in the 2nd round, some team might be getting a real steal. One mock has Milwaukee picking him at #31, which would be an amazing opportunity for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He thought he wandered onto a dating site.
    The Quentin Tarantino of basketball analysis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBADraft.net and Tankathon both updated their mocks...

- Top Five starting to firm with Scottie now seemingly locked into Orlando at #5
    - Both have Franz Wagner at #8 to Orlando
    - Both have Corey Kispert to Washington at #15
    - Both have Duarte to Grizzlies at #17 (which has been rumored to go to NO)
    - Both have Jalen Johnson going in the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Givony, Houston can't get Evan Mobley or Jalen Suggs in for a workout. Sheesh. As much as y'all and complain about this franchise...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Quentin Tarantino of basketball analysis?
    Lol! Hey, some people just like feet.
    And long appendages.

I'm not here to judge.

Publicly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Top Five starting to firm with Scottie now seemingly locked into Orlando at #5
    The idea of pairing Wagner with Jonathan Issac is a nice thought-- I can see why Orlando would be looking at that.
    The biggest riser in the last few weeks has been Bouknight, whose aggression I love but whose 3pt shooting and relatively anemic assist numbers scare me off a little.
    I like that Jason Preston has risen to the top of the 2nd round in lots of places. He might be my favorite sleeper.

Just a note: The last few times I checked in on NBADraft.net, I got a malware warning from my antivirus app, saying it had blocked an infection.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

me thinks GSW wants a Shaun Livingston type of PG to relieve Curry and Draymond playmaking. Maybe Josh Giddey, Franz Wagner, j. Johnson ?, or Herb Jones in 2nd Round.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it looks like he shares a barber with Lamelo for sure! Athleticism was the alleged rap, but then he posted the 5th best lane agility time at the combine, the 11th best shuttle run time, and a 38.5" vertical... so his showing there was better than expected. I agree, his 3pt shot is funny-- it looks "pushy" and kind of reminds me of a WNBA three, but it seems to work-- he's shot over 39% from there two years in a row. I really like him as a sleeper. If he's just a tier below Lamelo & Haliburton and available in the 2nd round, some team might be getting a real steal. One mock has Milwaukee picking him at #31, which would be an amazing opportunity for him.
    Damn. Seriously? That's impressive. Maybe it was his poor defense that was the other part of the knock on him? But if his combine numbers are that good, I wonder if he just needs better coaching and motivation to play defense? Hmm. I'd definitely consider him in the second round, though he may be gone before 41.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    me thinks GSW wants a Shaun Livingston type of PG to relieve Curry and Draymond playmaking. Maybe Josh Giddey, Franz Wagner, j. Johnson ?, or Herb Jones in 2nd Round.
    Livingston & Iguodala didn't get a ton of credit back in '15 & '16, but now that Golden State is still trying to find their replacements, it's obvious that it's no easy task.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking out loud here. What players are rumored to go high in the draft that I would like to see get picked before we do, so as to ensure, you know, that better players are still available for us? Basically, I'm thinking of picks 8 - 11. Just my opinions.

Davion Mitc
    Kispert
    Keon Johnson
    Jalen Johnson
    Kai Jones

If just a few do go early, then the possibility of: Franz, Moody, Giddey, Sengun is still possible for us.

Anyway...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The idea of pairing Wagner with Jonathan Issac is a nice thought-- I can see why Orlando would be looking at that.
    The biggest riser in the last few weeks has been Bouknight, whose aggression I love but whose 3pt shooting and relatively anemic assist numbers scare me off a little.
    I like that Jason Preston has risen to the top of the 2nd round in lots of places. He might be my favorite sleeper.

Just a note: The last few times I checked in on NBADraft.net, I got a malware warning from my antivirus app, saying it had blocked an infection.
    Damn...Sounds like I may have got Jalen Johnson-ed. My computer said they're "Not really red flags" here and I went in.

Jason Preston seems like a great pick if can make it to #41. Everything I've seen and read leaves me to believe he'll find a way to contribute at the next level.
    Spurs love those Combine studs too...

Bouknight, while undeniably talented, seems anti-Spur to me. I think if he went to a team with respected vets, a clear hierarchy, I think he could do well.
    We'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Givony, Houston can't get Evan Mobley or Jalen Suggs in for a workout. Sheesh. As much as y'all and complain about this franchise...
    Wow. Maybe that's why they are higher on Green? He'll return their phone calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw that. It goes with the recurring theme of guys wanting to depress their own ranking to go where they want. I mentioned the rumors with Haliburton last year and posted an article about it. It seems to be somewhat common.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 Days until the Draft!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons podcast. KOC seem to think it is Franz, Giddey and Sengun as our favorites. They settled on Garuba since all three are taken on the pod. Playmaking on the frontcourt basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Simmons podcast. KOC seem to think it is Franz, Giddey and Sengun as our favorites. They settled on Garuba since all three are taken on the pod. Playmaking on the frontcourt basically.
    I definitely agree with Franz, Giddey, and Sengun, those guys provide upside and much needed size for the spurs. I wouldn’t hate Usman Garuba but I think he’d be better on a playoff team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those are the three players I have any real interest in. Failing to get one, I'd want to trade down, but don't think the front office knows how. Garuba would be a disappointment and would just be more spinning the wheels.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 07-26-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Thread Information