Page 84 of 171 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Kai makes it to 12, but I would take him if he was there.
    Yeah him, Mobley, and Bassey are really the only 7 footers (or close to) in the first round. I'd think Kai and Bassey will probably move up the board.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Wieskamp is interesting... he could be a 2nd rd target or possibly a UFA signing. He's an interesting player late 2nd to UFA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones... a guy who couldn't even start for his team as a sop re.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andy Katz is posting some snippets of his interviews w/prospects on his twitter page.

J.T Thor pulls out of the scrimmages...somebody is grabbing him first round, maybe even late lottery now.
    Speaks well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is gidney more of a pure pg or can he slide to off ball? Will he fit with white and murray

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So the the same max vertical as Zach Lavine tested at the combine and 1" more in the standing vert cat....in a bulldog frame.
    I’m really liking him more and more. Solid defender. Good outside shooter. Good character. Great vertical, as well now. Screams Spurs material. 12 seems too high, but maybe not. Of the 10-20 players, he’s one who *could* break out, imo. And I see the Brandon Roy comp if you squint. Not a good roster fit, but they need to trade one of DJ, White or Lonnie anyway, but hey, we know that’s unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is gidney more of a pure pg or can he slide to off ball? Will he fit with white and murray
    He can be a secondary playmaker, but putting him in a corner is problematic as he's not a good shooter at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this class as way more shady than people think. Not a lot of stars, or ones that will require tons of work.
    Yeah. This one is going to be tricky.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i see a resemblance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m really liking him more and more. Solid defender. Good outside shooter. Good character. Great vertical, as well now. Screams Spurs material. 12 seems too high, but maybe not. Of the 10-20 players, he’s one who *could* break out, imo. And I see the Brandon Roy comp if you squint. Not a good roster fit, but they need to trade one of DJ, White or Lonnie anyway, but hey, we know that’s unlikely.
    Although I won’t believe in trades until it happens just based on the team’s recent history, if they do draft a guard because he’s BPA (and they should look for the ebst talent bc they need it), then I definitely see FA signings of a bigs, or tall forwardd, to complement this group (Luka will get his chance to grab a spot like he’s gotten every year but I need to see to believe when it comes to him). That may be the Markkanen rumor, Oubre or whomever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs watching Huerter and thinking, "I want one"?

Austin is a shot creator and the team sorely needs one.

Dude can score from anywhere.

If he gets drafted by the Spurs, I'm gonna think we just drafted the next Manu Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Murphy III and call it a day. Or Kai if Murphy is off the table
    12 is WAY too high for Murphy. As an upper classman, he might even slip into the second round, although not very far into it. I’d love him there, but hate him at 12.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So the the same max vertical as Zach Lavine tested at the combine and 1" more in the standing vert cat....in a bulldog frame.

Especially interesting because one older tweet about Springer I saw from February said "I get his athleticism might not wow some people, but his shot creation is high level."

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...th-operator/2/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More on Springer from that same article that really makes him sound like a potential target for the Spurs:

Springer’s mid-range game is a rare sight to see from a guard in an era where the game is only becoming more obsessed with the three-point shot, but his shooting fits in with that modern approach as well. He’s only improving as a shooter and has shot 47 percent from beyond the arc this season for the Volunteers, providing evidence and encouragement that he will become a knockdown shooter in the NBA.
    He’s found a way to blend a modern skill with something that is considered outdated and has made it effective for how he scores. Springer hasn’t gotten caught up with the trend of shooting threes from outer space, rather opting for the higher quality shots that aren’t nearly as flashy. He’s making what’s old new again, while still maintaining the 3-point efficiency and range you’d want from a starting combo guard in 2021. It’s also another layer of his game that makes him so similar to Roy in my eyes.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...th-operator/2/

Basically, his shot profile sounds like it would make both the pro-DeMar and the anti-DeMar folks happy...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see this class as way more shady than people think. Not a lot of stars, or ones that will require tons of work.
    It is looking more and more likey that the 12th pick will be getting guys in the third tier based on a lot of recent mocks 12 to 18 getting the same value to me. I am still hoping one of the teams before us does something stupid in the 7 to 11 range. Either way I hope no one is planning on seeing who we pick play cause I can almost guarantee they G League bound

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More on Springer from that same article that really makes him sound like a potential target for the Spurs:

Basically, his shot profile sounds like it would make both the pro-DeMar and the anti-DeMar folks happy...
    Love that article.

So much happens in this 30 seconds - Ginobili-esque.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs watching Huerter and thinking, "I want one"?

Austin is a shot creator and the team sorely needs one.

Dude can score from anywhere.

If he gets drafted by the Spurs, I'm gonna think we just drafted the next Manu Ginobili.

I liked him until I saw those 3 ball attempts eek.

But he is intriguing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked him until I saw those 3 ball attempts eek.

But he is intriguing
    super intriguing

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that article.

So much happens in this 30 seconds - Ginobili-esque.
    Definitely seems under appreciated, and playing next to Keon, who is more of human highlight reel, likely played some role in that.

It’s interesting. I’m trying to think of the 3/D players outside the top 5 with a chance for star potential. Moody. Springer. I’m not buying Davion Mitc . Wagner, but I don’t see as much potential for s om. The 3/D label typically is used as a slight, as in the player is limited. But I now see it as the opposite. 3 and D skills are the floor for every player now, ideally. And if you can get more development than that? That’s a safe gamble. I see Sengun and Giddey as having too much bust potential due to some potentially fatal flaws in their game.

I suppose in real time as I write this, I’m hoping the Spurs get one of Wagner, Moody, or Springer at 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Variety is the e of life...... I don’t like him but what does that even mean? Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grimes might be the Spurs pick in the 2nd round.

Decent combine for him, played well against his peers. Spurs gravitate towards those combine stand outs.

Glad to see Jason Preston doing well.
    I've long thought this. He just seems like a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely seems under appreciated, and playing next to Keon, who is more of human highlight reel, likely played some role in that.

It’s interesting. I’m trying to think of the 3/D players outside the top 5 with a chance for star potential. Moody. Springer. I’m not buying Davion Mitc . Wagner, but I don’t see as much potential for s om. The 3/D label typically is used as a slight, as in the player is limited. But I now see it as the opposite. 3 and D skills are the floor for every player now, ideally. And if you can get more development than that? That’s a safe gamble. I see Sengun and Giddey as having too much bust potential due to some potentially fatal flaws in their game.

I suppose in real time as I write this, I’m hoping the Spurs get one of Wagner, Moody, or Springer at 12.
    Like the take. I feel it's similar to the perception most used to have about the dreaded "Combo Guard".
    Now most teams are running two on the floor in clutch situations (or at least those with overlaps, skillwise).

I'm not sure Springer is a 3-D guy just due to the low volume of attempts and he sometimes tends to pass out of them instead of shooting it.

What I like about him is that he can impact basketball games in so many ways without scoring and often draws or outplays his highly touted direct opponents.

What makes him lottery material then?
    I think he could redefine the entire idea of what a CG is.... he's only 18... and while unlikely, (considering his last spurt happened 4 years ago according to Draft Express),
    may not be done growing.

He's got bit of Gary Payton to his game too - Great POA defender who can post up.
    You may even, at times be able to invert your Offense with this kid.

IMHO, I can't imagine in any scenario where you wouldn't want to have him on the floor. Cade and Mobley are the only other guys from this draft I would say that about right now (from what they've shown to this point).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bones Hyland playing nasty and flying up draft boards.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Jones... a guy who couldn't even start for his team as a sop re.
    His foot movement, lateral speed, and length is 100% in the mold of today's NBA big man every playoff team has in spades and Spurs haven't had in over a decade, but do go on.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly Spurs should draft Jericho Sims over Kai Jones. Sims was the best perimeter defender big man in the country, has length for days, improved footwork and offensive game every year, and is emotionless and stone-faced exactly like Duncan.

Of course timvp would probably sprout a gray beard if we drafted a longhorn, but he'd be a great fit talent and personality wise imo.

Thread Information