Page 31 of 171 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you believe that the NBA would prefer for Zion to be in the playoffs, that’s definitely an argument for the refs favoring Zion and NO. I don’t like conspiracy theories, but the NBA, like every other billion dollar business, likes to prioritize profits over ethics. Just rambling, but I can see NO moving ahead of us. It’s definitely possible. But NO always finds ways to lose no matter how much the league props them up.
    I'm not worried about any conspiracies-- I just think a season ending collapse like the recent Boston game collapse is not out of the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2.5 games back from 9th pick and 1.5 games back from 10th! It's within reach!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2.5 games back from 9th pick and 1.5 games back from 10th! It's within reach!
    Eh Kings aren't getting past the Spurs even if the Spurs lose all the remaining games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh Kings aren't getting past the Spurs even if the Spurs lose all the remaining games.
    They've been playing well lately and we're playing them at Sac next game. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Even if they don't get past the Spurs, 10th pick is still well within reach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, okc, okc, Memphis, and Memphis.... those are 5 winnable games.... if they beat us Friday they have a reasonable shot...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs, okc, okc, Memphis, and Memphis.... those are 5 winnable games.... if they beat us Friday they have a reasonable shot...
    I didn't realize they play the Spurs next. However, the Spurs usually win games their fans don't want them to, so...

And I don't see them winning a single game vs Memphis. Memphis is trying to get in better playoff positioning and get JJJ in game shape. If the Kings go 3-2 (with Spurs going 0-7), they don't pass the Spurs, I believe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize they play the Spurs next. However, the Spurs usually win games their fans don't want them to, so...

And I don't see them winning a single game vs Memphis. Memphis is trying to get in better playoff positioning and get JJJ in game shape. If the Kings go 2-6 (with Spurs going 0-7), they don't pass the Spurs, I believe.
    I think the Kings win 4 more.... I think Nola wins 3 more.... honestly I think we go 2-5 at best....it's going to be real close between all 3 teams... a small bit of extra effort could be the difference..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Kings win 4 more.... I think Nola wins 3 more.... honestly I think we go 2-5 at best....it's going to be real close between all 3 teams... a small bit of extra effort could be the difference..
    10th or 11th would be so sweet but I have a bad feeling Kispert or Mitc aren't going to be taken in the top 10 like they're being projected to be... Hopefully someone out of the blue rises.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10th or 11th would be so sweet but I have a bad feeling Kispert or Mitc aren't going to be taken in the top 10 like they're being projected to be... Hopefully someone out of the blue rises.
    I think in that range (or at least I hope) that Wagner or Moody will be available... I'm still very high on Wagner... he's #6 on my personal board....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And I don't see them winning a single game vs Memphis. Memphis is trying to get in better playoff positioning and get JJJ in game shape. If the Kings go 3-2 (with Spurs going 0-7), they don't pass the Spurs, I believe.
    I did mention in my response that they played the Kings next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year I try to go into the draft being opened to whoever the spurs draft because honestly its just good to get new young talent on the team. With that being said, I’m not a fan of Wagner lol maybe he’ll grow on me but he seems like one of those guys who has a great college career but doesn’t translate to the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's words like this by Pop that make me believe a strict PG type will be last priority in the draft. He's hardly thrown these words for past PGs post-Parker. He didn't do it for Hill, Corey Joseph, even Murray (not this early).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every year I try to go into the draft being opened to whoever the spurs draft because honestly its just good to get new young talent on the team. With that being said, I’m not a fan of Wagner lol maybe he’ll grow on me but he seems like one of those guys who has a great college career but doesn’t translate to the NBA
    Could it be due to his lack of elite athleticism?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from Kuminga and Barnes, name your forwards who you believe has elite athleticism.

I'll wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aside from Kuminga and Barnes, name your forwards who you believe has elite athleticism.

I'll wait.
    Hey, I'm a beggar not a chooser so if he was the best player available and we were on the clock, then by all means get him. I was merely replying to a post that questioned Wagner's prospects and if we're being objective, his lack of elite athleticism is not a made up thing about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got a sour taste on Wagner after watching him brick his way down the stretch in the UCLA eilte 8 loss. Maybe he was off but couldn't hit that college 3 one bit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Getting to the rim with ease here

Would be nice to have a player who can generate easy points for himself and his teammates

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would be nice to have a player who can generate easy points for himself and his teammates
    im sold get me that player. He’s like Joe Ingles as a floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Best thing is he has that old man game. Crafty like Doncic and Paul. His lack of athleticism won't hold him back because his game isn't reliant on it.

He's so young too, has so much room to grow with better players around him. He would make great use of the athletes the spurs have.

My big thing is he has to want to score when the team is in the spotlight. I believed a point forward is what this young core of the spurs needs the most. A general that will ease the game for the less intuitive players. If he's up to that task, he would fit in so well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just feel like he’s the token college player whos successful in college but doesn’t adjust to the nba, I mean his brother Mo Wagner was great in college and he’s barely still in the league. I wouldn’t be mad if we drafted him but his ceiling is that of a role player and spurs need to be looking for guys with a higher ceiling imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mainstream media catching on....

https://theathletic.com/2554168/2021...and-team-fits/

Giddey at #10
    Franz at #11
    Jalen Johnson at #18
    Kispert at #20
    Jeremiah Earl Robinson at #27

Pretty much how I fear how it will go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We're counting on the Pacers to improve the Spurs' draft position?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I saw your earlier comment about Tre Jones. Yeah, would the Spurs draft Giddey? I hope so. But to dive deeper into Giddey, can he play off the ball? I mention that because if they see upside there, then that could be another factor for the Spurs to draft him.

I bring that up because we already have Dejounte Murray and White. Personally, I'd like Dejounte to start, play big minutes, but share ball handling duties with someone else, so that really Dejounte becomes more of a 2 guard.

Giddey could become a glue guy type in the beginning, or at least I hope. He rebounds, for example. But his lack of proven jumper with the lack of shooting already on this team could be the biggest concern—not about Giddey specifically, but about team needs and fits.

Those are my random Giddey thoughts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's words like this by Pop that make me believe a strict PG type will be last priority in the draft. He's hardly thrown these words for past PGs post-Parker. He didn't do it for Hill, Corey Joseph, even Murray (not this early).
    While I agree this your post overall, Pop did say George Hill was his favorite player and "actively worked to trade Parker". Albeit, that was CIA Pop because that ended up raising Hill's trade value and he traded Hill right after for Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans. (Spurs also drafted Corey Joseph that draft)

Since then, I believe Pop has lost that CIA mojo and he just cares more about character than basketball skill and doesn't want to trade anyone anymore.

Thread Information