Page 69 of 171 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4270
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David’s little brother Chuck was 7” shorter than he was. He never had David’s late growth spurt. Not all family members reach the same maximum height, and to put your lottery pick eggs in that basket of wishes is foolishness.
    Don't get me wrong. I never said to draft the guy. Robinson wasn't drafted until he had already fully grown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be said 3pt shooting is not everything. The Clippers are the most efficient 3pt shooting team in NBA history, have 2 of the best wing defenders on the planet (or so I'm told), and have among the league's best benches, yet barely hung onto the 4th spot in the West and had to go 7 games against a clearly inferior team in the 1st round. 3pt shooting is nice but it's not what you should live and die with.

maybe this was just a chance to rip nephew cause him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be said 3pt shooting is not everything. The Clippers are the most efficient 3pt shooting team in NBA history, have 2 of the best wing defenders on the planet (or so I'm told), and have among the league's best benches, yet barely hung onto the 4th spot in the West and had to go 7 games against a clearly inferior team in the 1st round. 3pt shooting is nice but it's not what you should live and die with.

maybe this was just a chance to rip nephew cause him.
    I think you are underappreciating Doncic just a little bit with "clearly inferior team." I hate that Mavs have this guy, but he's an MVP candidate. Every time your team faces an MVP, it's anybody's game. If Zingis played to his billing, Mavs won that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you are underappreciating Doncic just a little bit with "clearly inferior team." I hate that Mavs have this guy, but he's an MVP candidate. Every time your team faces an MVP, it's anybody's game. If Zingis played to his billing, Mavs won that series.
    Team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those last 30 seconds...that range, effortless shooter.

Lots of question marks defensively, size wise and can he manipulate defenses with the pass on Offense; but that elite shot...

If you put together a Summer League team of:
    Tre Jones, Tre Mann, Devin Vassell, Luka Samanic (Hope he attends) and 2nd round/Undrafted selection at the 5 (Ariel Hukporti?),
    that team in 4 years; could all be Spurs starters (if things fall there way).
    The most recent Tankathon has yer guy Mann going at #42, but Hukporti at #39... but they don't update as much as other mocks. Mann at 42 would be crazy. Jonathan Givony has him at #19.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The most recent Tankathon has yer guy Mann going at #42, but Hukporti at #39... but they don't update as much as other mocks. Mann at 42 would be crazy. Jonathan Givony has him at #19.
    That would be like Paul Reed last year. They had him at #17 on their big board, and he was drafted #58.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    17 days until the Lottery

54 days until the Draft
    12 days until the Lottery

49 days until the Draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I saw Tankathon hasn't updated their mock in about 2 months. I assume we'll see a flurry of changes (and mocks) after the lottery drawing takes place.

Sam Vencenie's (The Athletic) latest Big Board had him at #35. One person questioned the ranking and Sam's response was insightful:

What happened to Tre Mann? I am high on him and you were relatively high on him before? What changed?

@Mike S. Yeah, have gotten a few Mann questions. I did the NBA Draft Guide deep dive on him and came away a bit less impressed with how the totality of his skillset works. Here's what I wrote in the summary of that profile that will be coming out probably in a month or so.

The idea of what Mann is as a scorer is tantalizing. The NBA is a jump-shooting league. The guys who can get their own shot, particularly from behind the NBA 3-point line, are more valuable than ever. Having the skills he does as a shot creator and shooter gives him some real upside if he can iron out the rest of his game. But Mann is absolutely still a project and a developing player. He would be taken advantage of pretty substantially on the defensive end right now, and has a long way to go to get to anywhere resembling an average level in the NBA. The key swing skill will be how he improves his ball control and ability to deal with pressure as a ballhandler. If he can tighten that up, and start being more comfortable getting into the middle of the floor without turning it over while making the passes he does already, he should stick around in the NBA for a while. But he’s probably going to have to iron some of that out in the G League first.

Basically, he doesn't really pressure the defense in the paint, even with that little floater. He's not a good enough passer or playmaker, and his handle is a bit too loose when he's around other bodies on the interior. Drives himself into trouble often. Might be a player who lives out on the perimeter and who also doesn't defend. So I think there are some skills he needs to improve even within the strengths of his game to translate.
    All very valid criticisms I'd say.

I'd still have no issue pulling the trigger on this kid.

When you get a nickname of "Baby Steph" in High School, then grow 2 inches in college, all the while starting to round out your entire game through the murky COVID situation...
    Encouraging stuff.
    Think he has to be a lock for the first round when it's all said and done.

Imagine Houston gets the #1 or #2 pick and takes Cade or Mobley, then at #23 and #24 they draft like a J.T Thor and Tre Mann...

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to envision Sengun on the Spurs roster and I’m perplexed. Could he start at PF next to Poeltl? Not for the sake of spacing and three point shooting. Could he start at C? Not for the sake of defense and shot blocking. Could he come off the bench? I guess but that’s not optimal because he’d be the best big man on the roster. If Sengun is drafted he needs to play alongside a shot blocking stretch 5 like Myles Turner. Could Dieng start?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could play with Dieng and I think he could play with Luka but I don't think he would be productive with Poodle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could play with Dieng and I think he could play with Luka but I don't think he would be productive with Poodle
    Dieng should probably start over Poeltl. Both are great compliments to have at the center though and playing time should be dictated by matchups and who is playing better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m trying to envision Sengun on the Spurs roster and I’m perplexed. Could he start at PF next to Poeltl? Not for the sake of spacing and three point shooting. Could he start at C? Not for the sake of defense and shot blocking. Could he come off the bench? I guess but that’s not optimal because he’d be the best big man on the roster. If Sengun is drafted he needs to play alongside a shot blocking stretch 5 like Myles Turner. Could Dieng start?
    Draft positioning could change radically after the combine. When the players physical profiles are known, a lot of these questions get answered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    solid points and analysis. sengun would definitely need to play alongside a rim protector because i can see him getting beat a lot off the dribble. i really haven't seen enough of him to evaluate his off-ball defense though and i have no idea what kind of defense the spurs would run with sengun on the court but his defense would be his weakness to start. offensively, he's not going to stretch the floor and i think most of his points would come off of the post. so, on the defensive end of things, he'd benefit from jakob's rim protection and he'd get his fair share of rebounds, but on the offensive side, a combo of sengun and poeltl would not help with spacing at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We worry about that after (if) we get Sengun. He'd be a 19 year old rookie. I'd guess we'd end up moving Poeltl, but that would be a year or so out, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All very valid criticisms I'd say.

I'd still have no issue pulling the trigger on this kid.

When you get a nickname of "Baby Steph" in High School, then grow 2 inches in college, all the while starting to round out your entire game through the murky COVID situation...
    Encouraging stuff.
    Think he has to be a lock for the first round when it's all said and done.

Imagine Houston gets the #1 or #2 pick and takes Cade or Mobley, then at #23 and #24 they draft like a J.T Thor and Tre Mann...
    Yeah. Even if he tops out as a worse version of Russell, that's still clearly closer to a modern offensive engine than any of the current youth.

They should look into trading back for either both Rockets or Knicks picks, targeting Mann, Butler, Murphy III.

Getting way too far ahead. He's unlikely to be a rotation player next season and would need to prove that first before even contemplating whether he's a starter.

If they select him and want Markkanen without having to give him an exorbitant offer sheet to dissuade the Bulls from matching, instead going the sign and trade route, they could offer Walker IV and Eubanks. Then re-sign Dieng.

Sengun would be the third center next season and hopefully at least pushing Dieng for minutes by the following one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dieng should probably start over Poeltl. Both are great compliments to have at the center though and playing time should be dictated by matchups and who is playing better.
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we thinking Dieng is sticking around?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season and subsequent seasons need to be spent giving as much run as possible to young projects to see what they are, and help speed along development.

Dieng is a fun player. But he doesn’t belong on this team anymore.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we thinking Dieng is sticking around?
    Because he clearly wanted to come here. He could have picked just about anywhere else (and if he'd chosen well, he could've had a ring shot...).

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This season and subsequent seasons need to be spent giving as much run as possible to young projects to see what they are, and help speed along development.

Dieng is a fun player. But he doesn’t belong on this team anymore.
    We are a lottery team with him so I don’t see what development challenges he poses. If anything, his outside shooting will help the young players improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he clearly wanted to come here. He could have picked just about anywhere else (and if he'd chosen well, he could've had a ring shot...).
    And then Popovich never played him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope we retain Dieng, but he chose the Spurs after being released late in the season, knowing he'd only get a minimum salary to finish the year. It's a different story now, going into free agency with the hopes of a multi-year contract, possibly his last (at least semi-)lucrative one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And then Popovich never played him.
    he got injured resulting in almost no practice time either and Eubanks was emerging. I do hope Dieng isn’t put off by that and we give him a decent contract to stay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he got injured resulting in almost no practice time either and Eubanks was emerging. I do hope Dieng isn’t put off by that and we give him a decent contract to stay.
    I sure as wouldn't stick around if I were him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sure as wouldn't stick around if I were him.
    We will see. With a full training camp I imagine Dieng could start.

Thread Information