Page 60 of 171 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I take your point about if it doesn't work out, we are screwed. As much as I enjoy the "who we gonna draft" discussions every year, we are to a point where do we need more under development guys now? I am rooting for IV to break out but we have a lot of youth at the guard position and shipping some of it out to get a good big or 4 is where things are at now. In the above trade, we still are drafting this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the pacers would ever do that trade
    They can probably get more assets somewhere else. Lonnie is a roll of the dice too at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the pacers would ever do that trade
    Im blown away by the thought they would keep Turner over sabonis, but that’s what the inside info seems to suggest and I watched probably 5 total pacer games last year so what do I know anyway.

Maybe they want a shot creator to pair with their rim protecting stretch 5. I’m dreaming at this point but if they stroked out and decided to pursue a sign and trade... phew.

for a small market team with no cap space- Brogdon/LeVert/Demar/Warren/Turner is not bad. , in the East- that’s a 50 win team.

Problem is I don’t see Demar voluntarily signing up for Indy unless their bag is twice the size of anyone else’s.
    Last edited by PrimeMinister; 05-29-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here it is
    I hate that trade honestly. I'd give lw and Poeltl and let them move Poeltl for a pick but there's noway I'd give up a 1st as well for a center shooting 32% from 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The small market, always trying to "compete" Pacers, aren't trading a 25 year old All-Star caliber player, who seems content and is signed to a value contract for 3 more seasons, for a center who they don't need, a replacement level guard/wing and picks that would presumably have some protection (top 3?).

Spurs like players with high defensive upside even Lonnie was known as a two-way prospect at the time of the draft because of his wingspan, screen navigation and footspeed. Hard to see them picking Tre Mann, Alperen Sengun, Corey Kispert. Bouknight and Keon have sneaky good defensive floor. I think they are betting on future two-way players who maybe can create their own shot. In a way that is the same as how the Raptors draft.
    Fair enough, but Bouknight has the arrest and Johnson almost certainly will not be available. That leaves Moody and maybe Williams, Butler, Springer or Duarte (they'd be considered a reach though).

Of them, I'd prefer Butler and he's probably the most Spurs like too. Malleable, high floor type. If he's not a solid fifth starter, he'll probably be a high quality third guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wagner earned his spot on the team with stellar grades (a perfect 4.0 GPA), and a pursuit of an Organizational Studies program that accepts only around 25 percent of Michigan students who apply to the program. He was also named an Academic All-Big Ten selection in 2021 and is a two-time U-M Academic Achievement honoree. In 2020, he was honored as the U-M Academic Success Program's Male Rookie of the Year.

Sounds like a Spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The is Organizational Studies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The is Organizational Studies.
    Actually sounds like something super relevant to an NBA career:

Organizational studies is "the examination of how individuals construct organizational structures, processes, and practices and how these, in turn, shape social relations and create ins utions that ultimately influence people".
    Last edited by Dejounte; 05-29-2021 at 06:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if posted:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One analysts take on best shooters in the draft…
    Kispert, Duarte, Mitc (?), Zegraowski also mentioned.

https://ca.nba.com/news/2021-nba-draft-who-are-the-best-shooters-in-this-years-draft-class-kispert-mitc -duarte-mann-zegarowski/y49xw8nlceps15rpnyduasyd5

Tre Mann, Florida
    Guard, 6-foot-5, 190 lbs.

Late game. Shot clock winding down. One on one. In these high-stress moments at the end of games, what kind of shot are you most likely to see? The step back.
    This shot has taken over basketball, the quintessential scoring move for every guard looking to bury their opponent in the final moments of the game. The best player in the draft at this move? Tre Mann.
    There is a smoothness to the way Mann plays the game as if he's gliding across the hardwood, and when it comes to creating space for a step back, he can lull defenders to sleep before exploding off his front foot, getting into his shooting motion and drilling it. Mann hit 41 percent of his step back jumpers last season (via InStat) which speaks to his touch from the outside. Overall, Mann hit 40.2 percent of his 3s last season and the high degree of difficulty for the majority of his attempts makes this percentage admirable. NBA teams who are looking for guards that can create their own shots will love what they see from Mann.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Organizational studies is "the examination of how individuals construct organizational structures, processes, and practices and how these, in turn, shape social relations and create ins utions that ultimately influence people".
    Sounds like a bull degree for athletes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice stats, I guess that why I was already sold on Wagner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I've met people with engineering degrees who are dumbasses.

What would you major in if you were an NBA player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I've met people with engineering degrees who are dumbasses.

What would you major in if you were an NBA player?
    A real degree, because I'm not an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good talk. Are you always this vague? You're really cranky tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought that student athletes spend so much time on their sport, they should be given an additional 2-3 years academic scholarship to help earn a real degree in business, science, etc. You can't really do it with their schedule when they play.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s nothing wrong with untraditional degrees geared towards helping pro athletes evolve their lives and careers after basketball.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Organizational Studies, evidently, is typically part of business schools but can branch out into sociology, industrial psychology, and other cross-pollinations. I'm guessing people who got into this field would become "consultants", but who knows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on we all know Universities create some of these programs just to make it so easy anyone can get a degree but not a decent job with the degree. It would be nice that Universities would start doing what a lot of Biology departments do as to how many of there students get accepted to Medical School - so you could see up front how many people get jobs with the degree and could easily find the pay scale.

Had a good friend who told me if I ever marry someone find out how much debt they have as his soon to be wife failed to tell him she owed over 100 hundred thousand dollars from Harvard. I said well that shouldn’t be to bad she must be banking with a degree from a prestigious school like Harvard. He was like no her degree was in sociology- she making 30 grand.
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-29-2021 at 10:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds like a German studying what his ancestors excelled at tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s nothing wrong with untraditional degrees geared towards helping pro athletes evolve their lives and careers after basketball.
    It's a bull degree. By definition it's meaningless.

I've taken courses in organizational econ, but a whole degree in it smacks of easy A crap especially from a churn-em-out sports school like Michigan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've taken courses in organizational econ, but a whole degree in it smacks of easy A crap especially from a churn-em-out sports school like Michigan.
    Is the point supposed to be that Wagner’s Academic AllAmerican designation is somehow tainted? Pretty stupid if that’s the point. He was a freshman. Probably didn’t take a single course specific to his major. Even so. Lots of college athletes take that crap and a tiny number get 4.0s anyway. This is one of the dumber debates on this board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if posted:

Who out of this group is 6'7" or taller?

I'll compile a list if I have to but drafting another swingman or a big wing is vital. We have enough guards and combo guards, and unless Moody falls to us, I'd hope they avoid drafting another (unless they move some ancillary guys for more draft compensation).

I know everyone is against this thinking, but the team's needs dictate it. Especially cause they can possibly plug some (short-term) gaps with their cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd think if you know (or hope) that you can be a first round pick in the NBA draft (or at worst play for decent money in Europe), it might be a tad counterproductive to choose a major that's more challenging than average. Why jeopardize a career that'll pay millions to get a degree that'll get you a job that pays $75k/year?

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So ing what. Are you really trying to play the educationally superior card? The whole landscape of higher education is bull . Elistist bull to be exact.

Nothing smacks of arrogance more than tearing away at someone else’s accomplishments to make yourself feel bigger. You should be advocating for alternative degrees that help athletes thrive post career but instead you want to attack it.

You’re a real .

Thread Information