Page 132 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do other teams not try to hide their intentions, or is that only the Spurs? Or if we see a player heavily linked to a team can we assume it's not going to happen? From getting trained in how the Spurs operate, it's funny to try and figure out other teams way of doing things. I mean, I sort of assume other teams are doing their own gamesmanship. So it's more like, ok, who hasn't interviewed or worked out for the Spurs, and can we form a list from that? Sort of joking.
    No one really knows except that it is fun to speculate on a message board. However, if we do end up narrowing it to a select few for another team (or even the Spurs) and they end up selecting one of those few, then we can use that as something to keep an eye on for later years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do other teams not try to hide their intentions, or is that only the Spurs? Or if we see a player heavily linked to a team can we assume it's not going to happen? From getting trained in how the Spurs operate, it's funny to try and figure out other teams way of doing things. I mean, I sort of assume other teams are doing their own gamesmanship. So it's more like, ok, who hasn't interviewed or worked out for the Spurs, and can we form a list from that? Sort of joking.
    I strongly believe it’s in a team’s best interest to hide who they’re targeting and believe most of them do.

I don’t believe the Rockets are into Jalen Green is as much as they’re trying to entice others who are.
    Evan Mobley seems like the clear #2.

The Warriors are fantastic at this. They even do it with established players ala D’Lo.
    They bring in seemingly every prospect under the sun, leak reports about said players great fit, hope they fall to them etc. all in the hopes of a team paying overs for their rights.

Lots of different reports about Spurs workouts, yet Jaden Springer’s seemingly flew under the radar for a couple of weeks…

Grain of salt but was watching the ‘Floor and Ceiling’ mock this morning.
    He has Kai going to the Spurs at #12 saying ‘they worked him out…’

Info. is likely wrong but interesting none the less as reports suggest they had only interviewed him…

Again, Franz’s situation puzzles me. He either has the best agent/camp in the business or the worst (if he slides out of the lottery, which seems unlikely now if that ever was a possibility…)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I strongly believe it’s in a team’s best interest to hide who they’re targeting and believe most of them do.

I don’t believe the Rockets are into Jalen Green is as much as they’re trying to entice others who are.
    Evan Mobley seems like the clear #2.

The Warriors are fantastic at this. They even do it with established players ala D’Lo.
    They bring in seemingly every prospect under the sun, leak reports about said players great fit, hope they fall to them etc. all in the hopes of a team paying overs for their rights.

Lots of different reports about Spurs workouts, yet Jaden Springer’s seemingly flew under the radar for a couple of weeks…

Grain of salt but was watching the ‘Floor and Ceiling’ mock this morning.
    He has Kai going to the Spurs at #12 saying ‘they worked him out…’

Info. is likely wrong but interesting none the less as reports suggest they had only interviewed him…

Again, Franz’s situation puzzles me. He either has the best agent/camp in the business or the worst (if he slides out of the lottery, which seems unlikely now if that ever was a possibility…)
    I think the Rockets are interesting because there's no way anyone could believe they'd take him over Mobley unless you believe their owner is an idiot... and I think they are using the fact that people do believe he's an idiot to create a market for #2 to trade back a spot or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba is playing against USA right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba is playing against USA right now
    He’s guarding Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s guarding Durant.
    He’s looked solid, that jumper is a big concern tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Rockets are interesting because there's no way anyone could believe they'd take him over Mobley unless you believe their owner is an idiot... and I think they are using the fact that people do believe he's an idiot to create a market for #2 to trade back a spot or two.
    Ah, the old rope-a-“dope”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba playing well in front of Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Garuba is a garbage man type player like Keldon. Would be kind of redundant. He’s not really doing anything special out there other than receiving nice passes from Rubio and making an easy 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    y

please go to the Kings, Sengun

make Franz drop
    we clearly see the potential of sengun differently. and that's ok. I just don't want to hear ppl on this board complain if he turns into a franchise cornerstone which I think he's destined for. also given we have next to no offensive possibilities out of our 4/5 currently, he seems like a natural fit. he's got enough game to play either eventually assuming his shot comes in as I and others expect given his form, fluidity and apparent work ethic.

don't get me wrong either, I'd happily take Wagner at 12 if Sengun is off the board but I think sengun is precisely what's missing from this team.

time will prove one of us right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to sour a bit on Giddey and starting to like Wagner. Sengun is still number one for me. I think Wagner will be a safe pick and indicate the Spurs are looking to get back to being a great defensive team with the Vassel pick last year also. Which would be nice...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random thought: UT Austin really has a lockdown on super athletic extremely unskilled post players. Other than LMA and PJ Tucker, I think of Tristan Thompson, Mo Bamba, Jaxson Hayes, and now Kai Jones, Jherico Sims and Greg Brown.

I’m sure I’m forgetting a few players who contradict my point, but they don’t really develop players much there as far as I can tell. I don’t have much trust in their players, basically, and I feel that Kai Jones is going to be there at 12 and I’m hoping we get someone else. I get the appeal from afar but I actually want to see someone contribute at least a little next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to sour a bit on Giddey and starting to like Wagner. Sengun is still number one for me. I think Wagner will be a safe pick and indicate the Spurs are looking to get back to being a great defensive team with the Vassel pick last year also. Which would be nice...
    I'm also unsure about Giddey. What I'm looking for is a transformative player, one that won't just slop in with the other guards and do sort of the same things. Giddey provides a completely new angle of attack, plus he's a very smart guy, high basketball IQ. I just don't know about the rest.

I think I'm at Sengun, Giddey, Wagner, Moody. Two of those players should be available at #12.

I'm not totally sold on Moody, but he does seem like a very nice two way wing. The idea of pairing Wagner and Vassel as defensive wings is very attractive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we clearly see the potential of sengun differently. and that's ok. I just don't want to hear ppl on this board complain if he turns into a franchise cornerstone which I think he's destined for. also given we have next to no offensive possibilities out of our 4/5 currently, he seems like a natural fit. he's got enough game to play either eventually assuming his shot comes in as I and others expect given his form, fluidity and apparent work ethic.

don't get me wrong either, I'd happily take Wagner at 12 if Sengun is off the board but I think sengun is precisely what's missing from this team.

time will prove one of us right
    yeah, I’m not opposed to Sengun at all. If he’s the guy drafted, consider me hyped. However, i doubt he can play any 4 at his current state, and that’s not due to his shooting. It doesn’t look pretty out there for him with European guards blowing by him on the perimeter at the international level. Yeah, he works hard but I have trouble coming up with a player who just improved his lateral movement over time. I’ve seen players improve shooting, sure. But not lateral quickness. Jalen Johnson suffers from this too but between the two of him and Sengun, I have more hope for Sengun actually being less of a liability because he plays smarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I’m not opposed to Sengun at all. If he’s the guy drafted, consider me hyped. However, i doubt he can play any 4 at his current state, and that’s not due to his shooting. It doesn’t look pretty out there for him with European guards blowing by him on the perimeter at the international level. Yeah, he works hard but I have trouble coming up with a player who just improved his lateral movement over time. I’ve seen players improve shooting, sure. But not lateral quickness. Jalen Johnson suffers from this too but between the two of him and Sengun, I have more hope for Sengun actually being less of a liability because he plays smarter.
    He looks like Frank Kaminsky on the perimeter.. i him mostly as a 5, and only payable as a 4 in favorable matchups

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://deanondraft.com

Anybody read this guy's blog? A lot of what he says makes a ton of sense. Granted, he's missed big on some prospects in the past i.e. Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Trae Young etc. But he's also correctly made some pretty ridiculous calls that were contrarian at the time - correctly called that Wiggins and Parker would bust, Embiid was the top prospect, and even ranked Cappela, Nurkic, and Jokic way higher than consensus at the time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just yesterday you said athletic is not important by referring to Middleton, Booker, Chris Paul, now you're using it against Sengun?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just yesterday you said athletic is not important by referring to Middleton, Booker, Chris Paul, now you're using it against Sengun?

read the post again and see i was referring to elite athleticism

i never said Sengun was unathletic, he is athletic in the strength department

but where it counts most on perimeter defense? Lateral quickness is a different animal, and for Sengun, since he should be a 4 due to the lack of length, he is lacking in that department.

sengun can be good without elite athleticism, i never disputed that. I was pointing out he couldnt be a 4, right now at least

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anybody read this guy's blog? A lot of what he says makes a ton of sense. Granted, he's missed big on some prospects in the past i.e. Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Trae Young etc. But he's also correctly made some pretty ridiculous calls that were contrarian at the time - correctly called that Wiggins and Parker would bust, Embiid was the top prospect, and even ranked Cappela, Nurkic, and Jokic way higher than consensus at the time.
    Great article! Yes NBA can definitely go big again if more big guys have good skills and atheletic. When everything else equals, taller guys win.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read the post again and see i was referring to elite athleticism

i never said Sengun was unathletic, he is athletic in the strength department

but where it counts most on perimeter defense? Lateral quickness is a different animal, and for Sengun, since he should be a 4 due to the lack of length, he is lacking in that department.

Isengun can be good without elite athleticism, i never disputed that. I was pointing out he couldnt be a 4, right now at least
    I see. Sorry I misunderstood you. Thank you for the nice analysis you have been sharing!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10 Days until the Draft!

10 are the days until the reckoning on the appointed hour....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

nice, always interesting to see someone pop the hood on their methodology and see how they come to their conclusions on things.

Really interesting reading on Julius Randle, Jokic and Sengun in there. If he’s there at 12- you gotta take him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like Frank Kaminsky on the perimeter.. i him mostly as a 5, and only payable as a 4 in favorable matchups
    perhaps he does now...he's 18 and never really worked his outside shot because he's so effing smooth in the paint. I'm telling you he's the closest thing to Timmay at his age than anyone we've seen lately, he's Embiid smooth without the weight.

would didnt care if Timmay hit 3s so much because he was so dominant down low. now hear me completely...he's not Duncan. but he could be the new era Duncan that starts going out to the 3 pt line moreso than Tim ever did. but he has the midrange and postmoves that give you a reminder of Tim's impact on the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Alperen Sengun is at the Spurs practice facility now..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Alperen Sengun is at the Spurs practice facility now..
    y

Thread Information