Page 159 of 171 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Mitc is anything like Jrue Holiday, he would instantly become my favorite player on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mitc would improve the team as a starting guard Day 1.
    If he can play like the other #45 Mitc , yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given how serious an individual you come across as, I can only take these at face value. They're among the most absurd comments I've ever seen on this board, which is saying something.

The "book on how the Spurs won 5 chips" was to draft two all-timers #1 overall (no, it wasn't all them, but they were the primary reasons) and get lucky with 3 other Hall-of-Famers (yes, they had a hand in the development of Parker and S bag, but it's still luck to get players of that caliber where they got them).
    precisely,. *draft*

you want the Spurs to just do *something* by swinging for the fence in some unspecified and unserious way.

and I'm the absurd one? pot meet kettle
    Last edited by offset formation; 07-26-2021 at 02:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford released some interesting intel he’s hearing. Said he thinks Ziaire could go #8, Trey Murphy could go to the kings at 9 if Wagner is gone, Kai looks like Charlottes pick at 11, and pacers really liked Kispert, Duarte, and Murphy
    That would be an amazing THREE breaks for us. Picking Ziaire #8 would be peak Orlando.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Orlando walks away from the draft with Kuminga and Ziaire, Jonathan Isaac should ask for a trade immediately. No point in wasting prime years going nowhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree in general but not sure who will be available that fits that bill. The roster is already a mess. Sengun is my hope, as he can self create. Giddey can pass but may not be able to self create yet. Otherwise, you’re looking at maybe Duarte for his Harden-esque shooting and footwork on the perimeter, and hope some sanity is brought to the back court via trades, but drafting another guard and not making any trades sounds problematic, which is why I cooled on Springer, not because of the lack of talent.

I digress. But whoever we draft will have promise and questions.

Again, I’m warming up to Kispert as his combine numbers weren’t bad, and he finishes in transition surprisingly really well iirc, so he has more utility than Trey Murphy in my opinion.

As for Garuba, he may not fit this team, but until we get a creator, no one fits perfectly. I may not be summarizing Chinook’s philosophy well, but I agree with taking solid useful players as assets if nothing else, rather than roll the dice on blind upside, like, say, Kai Jones.

There’s what we want. There’s what we think the team will do. And there’s plenty of frustration. I’m just throwing around ideas.
    Yea Kispert is a better athlete than his body type would lead one to believe and also, he’s not one dimensional. He’s an incredible shooter but can make plays with the ball and get to the rim if he’s played close. I think he’s probably better than McDermott who is a great cutter and shooter, scorer but I don’t see enough as a guy who can ballhandle a little for you. Though if he’s added in FA I’d be thrilled, so all in all, I’d be fine.

Kispery may end up being a favorite bc the team is so starved for a true no conscience, ballsy shooter. Pop had too much love for Forbes, so maybe getting him a shooter who is not 6’2” and who is an athlete will change the offense a lot as I’d expect he would fall in love with such a shooter… He might call him the second coming of Larry Legend (considering Bryn Forbes was Steph Curry Part Deux), and he wanted Dejounte to be a better Chris Paul with shooting guard size and forward like rebounds! Lol

Damn I am already selling mysel on Kispert!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chad Ford released some interesting intel he’s hearing. Said he thinks Ziaire could go #8, Trey Murphy could go to the kings at 9 if Wagner is gone, Kai looks like Charlottes pick at 11, and pacers really liked Kispert, Duarte, and Murphy
    Wow the rumors with Wagner are real bc the intel is that Sacramento may take Murphy 3 if Wagner is gone… they really want a tall shooter. And aren’t the only one. Murphy may go higher overall than initially projected too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    precisely,. *draft*

you want the Spurs to just do *something* by swinging for the fence in some unspecified and unserious way.

and I'm the absurd one? pot meet kettle
    Now you're spinning like those idiot Trump supporters you so rightly and eloquently criticize.

I don't want them to just do something (I've detailed countless scenarios I'd either be fine with or could at least understand), I said if nothing else I'll take that over the usual relative inactivity. Anything to see a pulse.

They keep going the way they are, they're going to continue to have the lowest odds possible of building a sustainably good team with the assets and flexibility to pivot and improve beyond that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1419756065625972747

Memphis and New Orlean trade
    Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks
    for
    Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round (lakers)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ah i don't like it as giddey is my favourite with sengun in that range.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

for
    Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round (lakers)
    That'll change a few mock drafts..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

for
    That feels pretty nice for Memphis. Bledsoe might help and I like Adams to play beefy down low. NOP doesn't give away a load just to get rid of those contracts. Real question is who Memphis is targeting at No. 10. Feel like it could be Wagner, but he might be gone. Who do they think will be there?

EDIT: Grizzlies are eating a lot of salary mostly for 7 slots. Huh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That feels pretty nice for Memphis. Bledsoe might help and I like Adams to play beefy down low. NOP doesn't give away a load just to get rid of those contracts. Real question is who Memphis is targeting at No. 10. Feel like it could be Wagner, but he might be gone. Who do they think will be there?

Memphis is apparently targeting Giddey at 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonas gets passed around so much. I thought he was a good big every time I watched him.

it probably is Wagner for the Grizzlies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Givony, many in the league believe the Grizzlies are targeting Giddey.

I don't like it for the Grizzlies. As much as they need secondary play making, they need shooting and none of these players provide it.

Good move by the Pelicans to get a slightly better player/fit at C and free up the cap space to either retain Ball or upgrade at PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN (Givony/Woj) believes Memphis is targeting Josh Giddey. Sucks a little for Giddey, as that's not a great city to live in.

As far as the Spurs go, I think the impact is that we expected NOP to draft a shooter and now that spot is taken by Giddey. We'll never know if the Spurs liked him. As far as Sengun, no impact as this slot wasn't going to him. As for shooters, there was a chance NOP took Kispert or Moody there, if available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be a real bummer if Wagner, Sengun, and Giddey are all off of the board when the Spurs pick. Looking increasingly likely that will happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Givony, many in the league believe the Grizzlies are targeting Giddey.

I don't like it for the Grizzlies. As much as they need secondary play making, they need shooting and none of these players provide it.

Good move by the Pelicans to a slightly better player/fit at C and free up the cap space to either retain Ball or upgrade at PG.
    I think the Pels did fantastic here. They dumped their worst mistakes/salaries, will still pick up a decent shooter at 17, and get a productive center who can stretch the floor for Zion. They can resign Ball or swing for Lowry, who I don't think goes there anyway. But honestly this makes them better. Still confused about Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's going to be a real bummer if Wagner, Sengun, and Giddey are all off of the board when the Spurs pick. Looking increasingly likely that will happen.
    I kind of thought it already was going to happen. Giddey I saw as rising, Wagner was already tabbed to go by 10. The question is Sengun and I honestly don't know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Pels did fantastic here. They dumped their worst mistakes/salaries, will still pick up a decent shooter at 17, and get a productive center who can stretch the floor for Zion. They can resign Ball or swing for Lowry, who I don't think goes there anyway. But honestly this makes them better. Still confused about Memphis.
    Valanciunas can't really stretch the floor, but he's not the non shooter Adams is either.

Good point about 17. It's easier to pick someone like Murphy III or whoever in that range.

I guess the Grizzlies really like Giddey or whoever and maybe think the Lakers pick ends up closer to 20 than 30.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jonas gets passed around so much. I thought he was a good big every time I watched him.

it probably is Wagner for the Grizzlies.
    I'd be stunned if Wagner is still on the board at 10

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If after the top four plus barnes, bouknight and kuminga, the others selections are wagner , sengun and giddey in the top 10 that will be pretty bad for us. But we still have The choice between Moody and Jones wich is a good consolation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

for
    I was coming in to post exactly this!!!

Memphis wheeling and dealing. I think they wanted Wagner but since he’s kept rising, the target to me is likely Moody. (Based on their GM gambling high 2 seasons ago trading for Winslow who didn’t pan out).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They also get a Lakers first rounder for 2022. Unless Le Brons leg falls off, that pick should convey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was coming in to post exactly this!!!

Memphis wheeling and dealing. I think they wanted Wagner but since he’s kept rising, the target to me is likely Moody. (Based on their GM gambling high 2 seasons ago trading for Winslow who didn’t pan out).
    Moody does seem like a better fit there than Giddey....also maybe they think they can bring in a few more fans to games since Moody is a razorback..

Thread Information