Page 156 of 171 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4270
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why give up Murray for the 10th pick and Bledsoe?

that's the discussion today in this topic and i'm against....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the discussion today in this topic and i'm against....
    Exactly.

If Bledsoe + 10 = 17 straight up ....

Would Spurs fans want to trade Murray for 17? I sure as wouldn't

If dropping 7 spots for 22 million in savings is possible, then maybe taking 8.5 million in Delon Wright off the King's hands to give them more caproom to keep Holmes is doable in a 9 & 12 swap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the spurs move up in this draft since picks 7-16 are all so close together talent wise, I could maybe see them trading back but even that’s unlikely imo, they’ll select whoever their guy is at 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think the spurs move up in this draft since picks 7-16 are all so close together talent wise, I could maybe see them trading back but even that’s unlikely imo, they’ll select whoever their guy is at 12
    Good teams trading up suggest the better pllayers will be gone by the Spurs' pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good teams trading up suggest the better pllayers will be gone by the Spurs' pick.
    ehhh I don’t know about that, grizzlies aren’t that great of a team. They probably just want someone who could help them now like Wagner or Duarte

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehhh I don’t know about that, grizzlies aren’t that great of a team. They probably just want someone who could help them now like Wagner or Duarte
    I don't know what you think I meant. They're a team that drafts very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bledsoe getting passed around like a nba groupie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
    5m
    Big workout in Golden State today with Chris Duarte, Trey Murphy, Moses Moody, and Davion Mitc in for a compe ive workout. Results of the workout could very well play a role in who they end up selecting at No. 14.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Givony…

Big workout in Golden State today with Chris Duarte, Trey Murphy, Moses Moody, and Davion Mitc in for a compe ive workout. Results of the workout could very well play a role in who they end up selecting at No. 14.

Doh. Someone beat me to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

4m With limited opportunities to evaluate players live in real games this season due to pandemic restrictions, NBA teams say private workouts are playing an outsized role this draft cycle, with many completely reshaping their boards after seeing players in 1 on 0 or 3 on 3 settings.

one executive called this "dangerous," while others say its simply a product of necessity. Internally, front offices are grappling with how much stock to put in these private visits, which have obvious limitations but also can be valuable compared with just watching film.
    1:29pm · 25 Jul 2021 · Twitter Web App

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't Wagner overlap with Jackson way too much?
    They think Wagner is a big wing that may play some 3 for them and I suspect they want to transition Jaren eventually to center. He's been awful there when I have watched him let me be clear but he's only 21 and he came in still growing and very undeveloped in some areas if his game.

I obviously have no sure inside or anything, just comments I have seen on twitter and from some of the Grizzlies media. The target could also be Moody, or here I am speculating but I think it would help that team one of the guards who has scoring and self-creation potential in this draft. I do think a large wing is a priority bc they are undersized in the wing department - outside of Anderson who they may want to trade or in any event has played well as a 4 for them, they have a lot of small guards/wings.

I definitely think a large wing is in their sights.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-25-2021 at 01:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3m
    New mock draft up on ESPN today, with quite a bit of intel from around the league on how the draft is shaping up, four days before things get going at the Barclays Center: espn.com/nba/insider/st…

1m
    NBA teams point to Sacramento (No. 9), New Orleans (No. 10) and Indiana (13) as the "most available" picks in the lottery. All are looking for immediate contributors. New Orleans may look to shed salary to pursue free agents, sources say. New ESPN mock: espn.com/nba/insider/st…

17s
    Memphis (No. 17), Oklahoma City (16+18), New York (19+21), and Houston (23+24) are some of the teams NBA executives think will be the most active on draft day exploring moving up. Memphis and New Orleans look like potential trade partners. New ESPN mock: espn.com/nba/insider/st…

12. San Antonio Spurs

Alperen Sengun
    Besiktas
    PF/C

The Spurs will likely be in the market for a starting-caliber big man to build around long-term, and Sengun's status as one of the most prolific and efficient teenagers in European basketball history will likely be attractive to several teams drafting in this range, and possibly higher. He's had strong workouts in front of Sacramento, Charlotte, Golden State and Oklahoma City and looks likely to come off the board in this range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

5m
    Spurs need to get that #14 for Duarte. I want him for my starting SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

5m
    Duarte & Murphy are actually on their second workouts for them:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-draft-r...192607083.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem for projecting a trade for the Spurs vs Grizzlies is that the Spurs need talent in a lot of areas and could benefit from a variety of players that may fall to them.

I do believe they offered White and Murray (whoever has more value, people ignore the rumor included White), for a high upside pick, someone they believe will be a franchise player, but is anyone giving the Spurs that? Heck the may well think that if the Spurs want him that's all the more reason to hold on to him. Murray and White aren't worth a potential franchise player. So that, to me, kills the Spurs rumors.

OTOH, the Grizzlies have a better idea of who they want because they are looking for an upgrade in a specific area and aren't being as ambitious as fishing for a star. They want a specific guy they believe will be snatched by 17, possibly even by the Spurs, (or GSW with their 14th if they keep it) so they are kind of easier to predict and expect they will get a deal done.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 07-25-2021 at 02:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been really impressed watching vids of Jason Preston from Ohio-- he has insane court vision & passing chops to go with a line of 15.7/7.3/7.3.... one mock has Milwaukee grabbing him at #31. Most mocks have him solidly in the 2nd round, but one outlier has him going 10th: https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...od-strickland/
    That'll be an impressive call if he pans out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Duarte: it would be foolish to discount him over age. He had a different path to the NBA. Has spurs ethic all over him. Not bc of the Spanish, but international player, shooting (which they need), humble and grateful for the opportunity plus hungry to prove himself.

May turn out better than many potentials kind of like Derrick White who is similar in some respects and how they came in older and had to earn it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I do believe they offered White and Murray (whoever has more value, people ignore the rumor included White), for a high upside pick, someone they believe will be a franchise player, but is anyone giving the Spurs that? Heck the may well think that if the Spurs want him that's all the more reason to hold on to him. Murray and White aren't worth a potential franchise player. So that, to me, kills the Spurs rumors.

The problem is that the high upside is a top 5-6 in this draft. After that moving up some spots by giving Murray or white does notre worth it imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At all these rumors flying today about the usual suspects from the most connected insiders in the industry and not a mention of the team that's in arguably the worst short/long term position in the league, with virtually unmatched flexibility. Spare me the "CIA Pop" routine.

Do these comatose idiots have any intention of ever doing anything outside of their usual shtick and do they really think that's going to turn them into a good team again?

I don't even care so much what they do anymore, just that they do something. One time, be aggressive, pick a direction, act like they're actually in the league and not operating in their own bubble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At all these rumors flying today about the usual suspects from the most connected insiders in the industry and not a mention of the team that's in arguably the worst short/long term position in the league, with virtually unmatched flexibility. Spare me the "CIA Pop" routine.

Do these comatose idiots have any intention of ever doing anything outside of their usual shtick and do they really think that's going to turn them into a good team again?

I don't even care so much what they do anymore, just that they do something. One time, be aggressive, pick a direction, act like they're actually in the league and not operating in their own bubble.
    I feel the same tbh show the fan base that your at least trying to make moves even if it’s a risk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep, I just want to see us pick a direction...it doesn't even need to be the direction I think is best...just show us they give a damn and pick one..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do we really exoect anything else? They will stay pat as far as trades unkess it involves derozan(hopefully) draft at 12 , and then lets see what fa brings

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been really impressed watching vids of Jason Preston from Ohio-- he has insane court vision & passing chops to go with a line of 15.7/7.3/7.3.... one mock has Milwaukee grabbing him at #31. Most mocks have him solidly in the 2nd round, but one outlier has him going 10th: https://sircharlesincharge.com/2021/...od-strickland/
    That'll be an impressive call if he pans out.
    I've seen his videos. Crazy, amazing vision. I think his lack of athleticism is the main thing, and maybe poor shooting mechanics. He's sort of like a poor man's Lamelo...they even have similar hair styles?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, I just want to see us pick a direction...it doesn't even need to be the direction I think is best...just show us they give a damn and pick one..
    and as far as we know, this summer was what they found as the time most apt to make moves.

im not going to pretend to know that they will make moves

but i think it’s a little premature to say otherwise

its weird to be upset over the team not being part of the rumor mill. Not exactly a proud honor.

everything points to a somewhat eventful summer. Let’s wait and see before we react.

and it doesnt mean that draft night has to be busy for the Spurs. Maybe scouting suggests theyll get the guy they want regardless of trades.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not too worried about the Spurs making moves or choosing a direction YET

I feel the best they could do rumor wise is if on the verge of free agency Woj or Shams came out and said that Gay, Mills, DeRozan, and Lyles were not expected back.

That would make me happy as far as a direction goes.

Thread Information