My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Dieng be this year's Nazr?
    The regular season version

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats fine, Your definition of "riding the bench" is different from mine. Trey Lyles is "riding the bench". Rudy Gay and Patty Mills are not "riding the bench". He should be at the very least taking Eubanks spot and taking some of Poeltl's minutes if he is playing well.
    They gave up close to a million in insurance money to cut Chriss in order to sign Dieng. He not going to ride the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They gave up close to a million in insurance money to cut Chriss in order to sign Dieng. He not going to ride the bench.
    I guess we were just not understanding each other. I agree.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didnít quote you in my original post but it was obviously implied I was talking to you broseph.
    Na youíre living in an alternate universe buddy. Take a nap get some rest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BRIAN WRONG WHEN GORGIU PICKED THE SPURS:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BRIAN WRONG WHEN GORGIU PICKED THE SPURS:

, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody lights up the Spurs so that's not saying much. Do you have highlights of him lighting someone else up? How well does he guard the perimeter three?
    Do the Lakers count?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After seeing Jacob go for a pop a shot when wide open 2feet away from the basket and clang more freethrows in the 4th quarter of last nights game.. im kind of relieved the spurs have an alternative option to close games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does this lead to a Lyles buyout? They needed him as stretch big insurance post Aldridge, but now he's buried. Might as well take a flyer on some young G-League standout.
    No point in paying him to go away with the brutal schedule we have. Also donít want to put a big man on the market for Ainge and Riles to fight over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do the Lakers count?

Stop the press. How low as the bar fallen when 13 points and 4 measley rebounds is considered lighting someone up.. Eubanks went for 17 and 9 vs Philly and no, I'm not pining for Eubanks.

Any offense he gives is a bonus. I'm just looking for him to do some rim protecting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know if it’s been discussed but pretty smart decision of him to join the spurs tbh they have a ton of cap space in the summer so if he’s productive you know pop & the front office will give him a juicy contract lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2nd unit is gonna be pretty fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you donks with 'this trade is like this other trade and or signing'
    Did the Kurt Thomas move move the Spurs needle?
    Did the Antonio McDyses move bolster the depth no make a difference?
    Those moves with the big 3 and NO they DID NOTHING....

Now all per 36 nerds are BASKEBALL REFERENCEING the out of this acquisition ....
    and IT WILL END UP the same way. But on a NON CONTENDING TEAM that should be LOTTERY TROLLING.
    Even signed a guy who
    "Killed the spurs"
    Spurs Killers are SPURS KILLERS, problem is they are ON THE SPURS and they pretty much SUCK against the ENTIER REST OF THE NBA.... PFTO and DOINKS don't seem to understand that equation after all these years.

Did poop say that there would be little to no PRACTICE(talking about PRACTICE) the rest of the way? HOW DA is this "low iq"(to quote the benefactor.. grades are a great gimmick yo) "robotic" big whos one trick is a marginal 3 gonna fair with NO PRACTICE?

talk about conspiracy theories.

This it the best one because he uses Avdverb "Essentially" like a magic wand to cast spell to conjure a TRADE where one NEVER EXISTED....

Uless to Spurgs talk EYE TESTERS giving away MILLIONS is now "A TRADE"

LULZ
    I enjoy you pissing into the wind.
    How does it taste?
    I bet salty.

Hopefully like beer salt.
    Much more enjoyable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love the "Why are Spurs fans excited about [insert latest transaction here]? This means nothing in the big picture. They still won't win a championship. So much needless excitement in this thread." Spurs fans. Such an enlightened bunch, tnbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I fort one like our motley crew except poop and DDR. The new player pushes the backup center out of the way he tried hard.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always thought this would happen when Popovich took part in the NBA Africa exhibition back in 2015.

Thought he would be a good fit for us in previous yeara. But just a bit worried in recent years, from watching him play us that he looks for his shot a little too much like Chimezie did when he got the ball.

Excited about this signing and hopefully he fits in well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know if it’s been discussed but pretty smart decision of him to join the spurs tbh they have a ton of cap space in the summer so if he’s productive you know pop & the front office will give him a juicy contract lol
    I think this is what played into his decision the most. He plays well as a backup center and the spurs are easily going to throw a 3 for 28 to 33 at him...dude is most worried about his next contract than winning so teams that he is going to be automatically one and done on like the la teams, nets, heat, and suns, are a no go...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is what played into his decision the most. He plays well as a backup center and the spurs are easily going to throw a 3 for 28 to 33 at him...dude is most worried about his next contract than winning so teams that he is going to be automatically one and done on like the la teams, nets, heat, and suns, are a no go...
    There's no world where they are going to pay him more than Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He came here because he knows PATFO like to hand out loyalty contracts to old washed up players. Thinking he gives a about the Spurs or culture. I'm sure his agent sold him on how easy it is to finesse the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love the "Why are Spurs fans excited about [insert latest transaction here]? This means nothing in the big picture. They still won't win a championship. So much needless excitement in this thread." Spurs fans. Such an enlightened bunch, tnbh.
    I dunno...I heard Thanos was about to sign with the Spurs, but Pop told him that gloves aren't allowed per the team's outfit protocol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does that mean RC still got it?
    I think about 15 years ago, before Brangelina made it popular, he adopted a kid from Africa, and helped him get on the UT Austin basketball team. He definitely seems involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know guys. Not sure 5 or 6 other people are pitching cases for why they should have $10.
    Coveted suggests he’s at least worth more...

I agree that it’s most likely a solid upgrade at the backup 5, but the optimist in me suggests it may be a sign of things to come, off-season wise.

I’m not saying Dieng is a John Collins - not at all, but the way they are slated to operate as second unit 5’s once the initial C takes a breather - it could give us a small sample to what’s in store if that is a style of play we were to embrace.

I know, I’m taking quite the leap here but intrigued nonetheless. Not expecting miracles, just some good ol’ fashioned rose tinted specs.
    Yes the $10 analogy is one of the stupidest things I've read on here and know the weren't being literal, but he really does fit a hole in our roster. Glad he's here!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does that mean RC still got it?
    You doubt they had some drinks together while down in Africa? RC Drunkford working from the shadows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I donít know guys. Not sure 5 or 6 other people are pitching cases for why they should have $10.
    Coveted suggests heís at least worth more...

I agree that itís most likely a solid upgrade at the backup 5, but the optimist in me suggests it may be a sign of things to come, off-season wise.

Iím not saying Dieng is a John Collins - not at all, but the way they are slated to operate as second unit 5ís once the initial C takes a breather - it could give us a small sample to whatís in store if that is a style of play we were to embrace.

I know, Iím taking quite the leap here but intrigued nonetheless. Not expecting miracles, just some good olí fashioned rose tinted specs.
    Huh? What do you mean? Dieng was coveted - he was the marquee big man FA to be had off the buyout market, held in higher regard than Drummond and Griffin, with teams like Boston, LA and Miami trying to entice him to sign there (matter-of-factly, Heat fans got Big Mad because some "insider" was reporting that Dieng was %100 going to the Heat, before the announcement that he was coming to SanAn). It's not like we signed some undrafted rookie and called it a day. Dieng hasn't said anything yet regarding why he'd sign here over other market, but you can bet we either promised him a bigger role than most (unlikely since he could've started in LA or Boston), more pay in the future, or some other magic work (the Buford connection maybe?).

Either way, there were definitely other people aiming for that $10 bill... Though I agree that it's far from a perfect analogy

Also agreed, hope we can retain him throughout next season, because a shooting C is big for an offense like the Spurs'. The change of play in opposition to Poeltl is very interesting as well, offense vs defense oriented big man play, it can confuse teams trying to scheme against us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like people think we should give up, sell everything because we won't win a le.

Thread Information