My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan a -4 in a three point loss where he played 47 minutes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ran into a better team. That’s all there is to it.

I feel bad for Demar though. Imagine if he had actual teammates instead of scrubs like Patty, Jak, KJ, and Murray. If we ever truly built around Demar we would be a top team in the league.

Yeah, I also feel sorry for a guy who's one of the worst defenders and 3pt shooters in the league. And is making 27 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gloria talking smack. Hate losing no matter the cir stances

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other night, Murray and White combined for 9-28 and win in a blowout. Tonight, they combine for 18-34 and lose. Today's NBA, smh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't win with 28 from Capela and 1/10 from Patty in 32 minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but it necessitates The Big 3 for TD to get those rings after '99. But yeah, we'd have 6 rings and have won the elusive back to back if Pop didn't take out TD in Game 6, after Leonard's punk ass ing choked at the free throw line.
    I felt bad typing that as I loved Manu just as much as TD - 100% just as much. Manu was easily pretty much my favourite player along with TD (the only time I was ever really down on Manu a little bit was the 2013 NBA finals game 6 and 7). He was an amazing player. I actually would have liked to have seen him go to another team to win another ring or two as he was still great after TD retired IMO. He could have put nearly any Championship contender team over the hump that needed just one more piece to win the ring. I just feel the big three was built off of TD and then Manu and then TP. Manu was closer to TD than TP IMO. I feel like I am disrespecting Manu and TP by saying all this, but all I have to go off of is how TD played and carried the team, and where he took them before either of those guys got there.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't win with 28 from Capela and 1/10 from Patty in 32 minutes.
    The old man is at fault for choosing guys who obviously had dead legs all night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just ran into a better team. That’s all there is to it.

I feel bad for Demar though. Imagine if he had actual teammates instead of scrubs like Patty, Jak, KJ, and Murray. If we ever truly built around Demar we would be a top team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for this message board tbh. Never be able to watch these games without interacting with you fellow masochists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHA w/o LaMelo
    Clippers w/o Kawhi
    Kings w/o Bagley
    ATL w/o Collins

0-4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot take maybe? Last years spurs team was better... I said it... lol

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Popovich of shooting coaches, Chip Engelland, better make these scrubs practice their free throws. A great FT shooter like DeRozan is out there missing back-to-back free throws that eventually cost us.

Time to prove that he ain’t a product of Parker and Kawhi’s greatness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hot take maybe? Last years spurs team was better... I said it... lol
    Didn't last year's team get beaten down by 30+ by ATL? Tonight it took them 2 OTs... Baby steps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHA w/o LaMelo
    Clippers w/o Kawhi
    Kings w/o Bagley
    ATL w/o Collins

0-4
    you forgot the Rockets without half of their roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I felt bad typing that as I loved Manu just as much as TD - 100% just as much. Manu was easily pretty much my favourite player along with TD (the only time I was ever really down on Manu a little bit was the 2013 NBA finals game 6 and 7). He was an amazing player. I actually would have liked to have seen him go to another team to win another ring or two as he was still great after TD retired IMO. He could have put nearly any Championship contender team over the hump that needed just one more piece to win the ring. I just feel the big three was built off of TD and then Manu and then TP. Manu was closer to TD than TP IMO. I feel like I am disrespecting Manu and TP by saying all this, but all I have to go off of is how TD played and carried the team and where he took them before either of those guys got there.
    It was a cyclical thing, IMO. Admiral set the tone for TD, TD set the tone for Manu and TP, The Big 3 set the tone for Judas and Judas ed the franchise over and now look at us. That being said, TD is the greatest Spurs player of all-time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's always at least one ty vet getting undeserved minutes and touches. Old man has to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you forgot the Rockets without half of their roster
    I'm just talking about this homestand tbh. If we started counting the whole season, it'd go 5+ pages.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a cyclical thing, IMO. Admiral set the tone for TD, TD set the tone for Manu and TP, The Big 3 set the tone for Judas and Judas ed the franchise over and now look at us. That being said, TD is the greatest Spurs player of all-time.
    I can agree with all that. I still think Manu shouldn't have retired and went to another contender for another year or two to help get them over the hump. He still had a lot of game left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can agree with all that. I still think Manu shouldn't have retired and went to another contender for another year or two to help get them over the hump. He still had a lot of game left.
    I wish Manu would be interested in coaching and taking over from Pop but that's a pipe dream.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Maybe if this were 1995 that would be true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Popovich of shooting coaches, Chip Engelland, better make these scrubs practice their free throws. A great FT shooter like DeRozan is out there missing back-to-back free throws that eventually cost us.

Time to prove that he ain’t a product of Parker and Kawhi’s greatness
    If he was truly great he would've been paid more and hired somewhere else.

Braindrain has destroyed the Spurs infrastructure and the real culture.

Everyone with a pulse was hired and sometimes fired elsewhere. What else could explain how Brian Wright, an intern with a lotto Magic team and briefly a scout with crappy Detroit was able to get next in line as GM? Because everyone else was gone.

Same with the assistant coaches. The only reason Becky is still there is the glass ceiling. The other coaches are kids with no other experience.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you referring to in regard to "braindrain"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno what it is with Pop & Patty!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silver linings are getting harder to find in these games tbh. (D White’s career high 7 3s?)

I know the Tank Crew has valid points about lottery (perhaps franchise altering) talent being available in the draft but still, I hate playing like this and rooting for Ls when some small adjustments and suitable personnel are trapped on the bench...

Thread Information