Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silver linings are getting harder to find in these games tbh. (D White’s career high 7 3s?)

I know the Tank Crew has valid points about lottery (perhaps franchise altering) talent being available in the draft but still, I hate playing like this and rooting for Ls when some small adjustments and suitable personnel are trapped on the bench...
    I'm in the Tank Crew but I take no joy in seeing this team struggle. It's just a necessary evil after what the re and his uncle did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am all Tank last two times we had terrible records we drafted Timmy and David we need better talent plain and simple.

The schedule is going to get brutal so many games in a short time and most are against teams that are in the playoff hunt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp just about the same as last year. Good enough to barely miss the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are you referring to in regard to "braindrain"?
    Spurs losing talented front office/coaching personnel to other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Vassell 2.0 here we come

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp just about the same as last year. Good enough to barely miss the playoffs.
    And not bad enough to draft a player that will really move the needle, not at this rate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the dumbest Spurs team EVER. Even Sean and Bill seemed annoyed with it.

There’ve been times when the talent on this team wasn’t so great but you knew they would out smart the other team. come up with a high iq play to swing the game. I think the Spurs are one of those dumb teams now. Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the dumbest Spurs team EVER. Even Sean and Bill seemed annoyed with it.

There’ve been times when the talent on this team wasn’t so great but you knew they would out smart the other team. come up with a high iq play to swing the game. I think the Spurs are one of those dumb teams now. Yikes.
    I think we were just spoilt that Parker ran the team for 18 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we were just spoilt that Parker ran the team for 18 years.
    Spurs had talent in the BigThree and also had decent role players, but overall, there was always smart BB with a common chorus from the other teams "Spurs take care of the little things" that make a big difference when added up.

Now, the smartness had been replaced with low BB IQ and reliable mediocrity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the funny thing is most of these players have been on the team for almost 3 years and still can't execute a play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silver linings are getting harder to find in these games tbh. (D White’s career high 7 3s?)

I know the Tank Crew has valid points about lottery (perhaps franchise altering) talent being available in the draft but still, I hate playing like this and rooting for Ls when some small adjustments and suitable personnel are trapped on the bench...
    This, tbh. This is pretty much how I feel. We are not a contender so we need more talent, but at the same time we barely lost and Vassell only got 12 minutes and Luka none at all. Frustrating, and I don't have the answers.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had talent in the BigThree and also had decent role players, but overall, there was always smart BB with a common chorus from the other teams "Spurs take care of the little things" that make a big difference when added up.

Now, the smartness had been replaced with low BB IQ and reliable mediocrity.
    Who would have thought? Five generational talents (+ Robinson & Kawhi) were better players than Derozan, Murray, White & Co.

Spurs fans should get over it and understand that they got lucky with drafting such unique talent and that it's not replicable. Be happy and thankful for the successful years, but stop living in the past and look forward to the future. To be constantly compared to the Big3 doesn't make things easier for the current and future players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Pop just keeps on rolling on with the vets, it really is maddening.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would have thought? Five generational talents (+ Robinson & Kawhi) were better players than Derozan, Murray, White & Co.

Spurs fans should get over it and understand that they got lucky with drafting such unique talent and that it's not replicable. Be happy and thankful for the successful years, but stop living in the past and look forward to the future. To be constantly compared to the Big3 doesn't make things easier for the current and future players.
    This has nothing to do with talent. Like mentioned above - some of the guys been together 3 years and can’t execute a simple play. They can’t even run a fast-break for crying out loud.

I sat through that entire Tank for Timmy season - I get it. But you can’t excuse some of the low iq happening on the court. Trae Young had 5 fouls like come on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy out patty and Rudy please

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both should have been traded but Pop is burning the house down for short term gain vs. long term gain in trading and getting draft picks as his sorry ass won't be hear in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both should have been traded but Pop is burning the house down for short term gain vs. long term gain in trading and getting draft picks as his sorry ass won't be hear in a few years.

Going from bottom 5 in league to contending is very hard. You risk a losing culture, higher profile rookies coming into a losing culture and small market, you will get more divas and fighting. Rudy and Patty are great ambassadors and they are here to mentor and showcase themselves for free agency in return giving SA a good reputation for free agents by doing right by their current and previous ones.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has nothing to do with talent. Like mentioned above - some of the guys been together 3 years and can’t execute a simple play. They can’t even run a fast-break for crying out loud.

I sat through that entire Tank for Timmy season - I get it. But you can’t excuse some of the low iq happening on the court. Trae Young had 5 fouls like come on.
    What did you think about that '96-'97 team? I was very young back then, but I actually liked them. I thought they played hard. The had a lot of players out due to injury that season and at one point of the season when D-Rob was due back, I read no-one really wanted to play them in the first round of the playoffs if they got healthy and made the playoffs. I thought Dominique Wilkins played hard for us too. Sucks that he didn't get a chance to be on a contending Spurs team.

Anyway, are you putting the low bbiq down to the players mostly, or do you think coaching is also playing a big part in that?

Edit : Not sure if the score is correct, Warriors are down 53 to the Raptors at the end of the 3rd quarter. Ouch.

Going from bottom 5 in league to contending is very hard. You risk a losing culture, higher profile rookies coming into a losing culture and small market, you will get more divas and fighting. Rudy and Patty are great ambassadors and they are here to mentor and showcase themselves for free agency in return giving SA a good reputation for free agents by doing right by their current and previous ones.
    EricB, who seems to be clued via someone/people in the Spurs organization constantly says they were not looking to trade Mills at all unless the offer blew them away (they were never going to get such an offer, so no trade was ever likely to happen). Anyway, it sounds like they really want to keep him and I really, really want to let him go. I wanted him to leave the year he got the 50M contract). He'd fit much better on a Championship contender type of team as the 7th or 8th man in an off the bench role. He's detrimental on this team as a closing 5 player with a Steph Curry like green light that he seems to have been given by Pop. I'm really worried the Spurs are going to do something stupid like re-signing him for an exorbitant amount of money again.
    Last edited by Ice009; 04-02-2021 at 08:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course the Pelicans are gonna blow out the Hawks tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And of course the Pelicans are gonna blow out the Hawks tonight.
    10:11 - 4th
    1 2 3 4 T
    ATL 28 27 39 5 99
    NO 34 20 25 3 82

Thread Information