Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like to get an explanation from Pop, why luka is not getting any minutes this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Rasho would have been as good as Poetl. I was a fan of Rasho, but he seemed to be too nice out there. Poetl has some angst in his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only matter of time til they started hitting threes. Blowout incoming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are they always wide open beyond the arc.....where the is our perimeter D?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that 2 vs 3 problem again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Rasho would have been as good as Poetl. I was a fan of Rasho, but he seemed to be too nice out there. Poetl has some angst in his game.
    Rasho is a better fit for today's game than back then. He was also a playoff choker like Bonner, wasn't he?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only White shows up tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogdonavic has a nice game. He is so fluid and silky smooth. What a fun player to watch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's that 2 vs 3 problem again
    Can it be solved by shooters? Do we have?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would like to get an explanation from Pop, why luka is not getting any minutes this year?
    It would have been palatable if

A) Luka didn’t play extremely well in an enhanced role when players were missing and
    B)Pop goes on record saying “He’s earned more minutes” thereafter.

B2bs used be a given that young guys would play some more than usual. Now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far my sports day is good....Beard to Texas, Penguins won and moved into a tie for 1st place in their division, now the Spurs and Astros need to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7:07 - 3rd
    1 2 3 4 T
    ATL 32 22 14 68
    SA 22 26 11 59

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So far my sports day is good....Beard to Texas, Penguins won and moved into a tie for 1st place in their division, now the Spurs and Astros need to win.
    The Spurs ain't winning this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a ty jump ball, he gave it to the Hawks with the way he tossed it up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    capella 8 for 8 at the line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sheesh, Spurs are 6/21 from 3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DePression yelling at Pop. Murray also doesn't look too happy with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our offense is basically "hey let's turn down this open 3 and dribble into traffic"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sheesh, Spurs are 6/21 from 3
    With Derrick making 5 of those.
    Awful roster construction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didn't know gallinari was still in the league

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy on Williams and Patty on Gallo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Young in foul trouble. Spurs should turn it around with the Hawks missing 5 rotation players and Trey Young in foul trouble, so I'm excited to see how they will find a way to lose this one anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DWhite with a career high 6 3s

4:10 - 3rd
    1 2 3 4 T
    ATL 32 22 18 72
    SA 22 26 20 68

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has the same amount of 3pt that DeRozan has in his last 21 games combined. The more you know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People casually following any team only do it for two reasons 1) they're winning (so that disqualifies us) and 2) they're following an iconic big market team that generates its on fame (again that's not us).

Could we have a prolonged tank like the Kings? It's possible...there's risk... but the one thing this FO has done well is draft, so why not use the one thing we're good at to improve?

Looking at your last paragraph.."The argument is that a mediocre team is unarguably more fun to watch than a tanking one, and that if/when the Spurs get past the "Pop era" and maybe embrace a tank, they'll have even fewer viewers than today - especially from a fandom as spoiled as the Spurs'"...... Do you really think this mediocre team is more enjoyable to watch than a Spurs team that had traded the 3 vets and were playing DJ, White, Luka, KJ, Poeltl, Vassell, Tre Jones? I don't think it is because the young guys bring more energy and the drafts picks give us something interesting to talk about and debate...something to look forward too....
    Ehh, I'd argue the casual fan argument isn't as clear-cut as you make it seem - there's a significant portion of "casual fans" that watch games of the team that they like, as long as they're not horrible. Case in point, the only other Spurs fan I know IRL is what I'd call a "casual": doesn't follow the team too deeply, watches about 1 in 5 games, but knows about the players and what they do. He falls out of both of your definitions, yet is still a casual Spurs fan.

Of course the Spurs could get lucky and "only" have to tank out a year or two before getting that cornerstone. Again, this isn't an argument against tanking. But you just can't tell me for sure that that'll happen, and in the same vein, the Kings and Wolves of the league once too thought they could turn it around easily. Turns out it's much, much harder than pro-tanking folks make it look - , just look at Boston right now to see what can go wrong with a tank job (someone's bound to quote me on this to argue Boston didn't truly tank, but w/e) even when you draft the correct players and they turn into stars/superstars. No guarantees.

And it again brings me to my last point - yes, I really believe this mediocre team is better to watch than a team where we trade all 4 of our vets for scraps. Again, "hope" is of zero interest to the average fan - nobody wants to see the evident growing pains of a young-players-only team losing 60+ games a year. People wanna tune in once that phase is over with. You, as a hardcore fan, would probably be enthralled (don't get me wrong, to a certain extent I would be too; but this isn't about fans like us) to see every young player given free reign to make mistakes and learn from them. But it almost unarguably makes for a ty product, and I can guarantee you that most people wouldn't be too interested in the young guns getting blown out by 20+ every night.

Thread Information