Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanasis Antetokounmpo

- He is 6'6 215 (but plays a lot taller and bigger than his size).

- He is athletic, can score, can dribble, can defend bigger players, can defend faster players and might not be expensive. (1.701.593 on his last year's contract)

- Like Keldon a lot but if you can't defend most positions and you are not a consistent 19+ scorer, you can't be a starter in my book.

- Thanasis is the type of player that can become a solid contributor for a rebuilding team. He has a high motor and can carry any assignment on the court beside playing the 5.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, you're one day too late.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, you're one day too late.
    I'm talking about next season...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about next season...
    So that's an April Fools joke for 2022?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that's an April Fools joke for 2022?
    Use your head to think and consider.

If not just keep it to yourself.

I really think he can be a solid player in the NBA, just that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams somewhere around the ASB stopped playing the spurs like a normal basketball team defensively and started packing the paint, dropping into zones, going way under every screen, basic things you do with non shooters but ramped up to 11. Keldon’s production dropped off with that along with his return from covid.

Keldon in line ups where he can be an initiator responsible for sucking in the defense and kicking out to shooters will allow him to be the player we’ve seen flashes of. Right now he plays next to Demar and stands in the corner while Demar collapses the defense into the driving space Keldon wants to use. It’s an obvious pairing that doesn’t work.

Until there’s the potential for actual roster reconstruction without derozan this offseason- Keldon should be staggered to play more with the bench unit in the middle of the game and especially in line ups with gorgui Dieng. Give Keldon a 5 out look and in space I don’t think there’s a defender in basketball can contain him. It’s just about giving him the time to develop and putting him in the positions he needs to be successful.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams somewhere around the ASB stopped playing the spurs like a normal basketball team defensively and started packing the paint, dropping into zones, going way under every screen, basic things you do with non shooters but ramped up to 11. Keldon’s production dropped off with that along with his return from covid.

Keldon in line ups where he can be an initiator responsible for sucking in the defense and kicking out to shooters will allow him to be the player we’ve seen flashes of. Right now he plays next to Demar and stands in the corner while Demar collapses the defense into the driving space Keldon wants to use. It’s an obvious pairing that doesn’t work.

Until there’s the potential for actual roster reconstruction without derozan this offseason- Keldon should be staggered to play more with the bench unit in the middle of the game and especially in line ups with gorgui Dieng. Give Keldon a 5 out look and in space I don’t think there’s a defender in basketball can contain him. It’s just about giving him the time to develop and putting him in the positions he needs to be successful.
    I agree with you.
    But I don't like the idea of letting Demar go.
    Our young core is not ready. They need one year more at least.
    Keldon should be the key player coming from the bench.

Pop needs to go too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you name a team in the NBA that every starter gets 19 ppg? while I realize scoring is up I dont think there is any team that does that.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Every Antetokounmpo not named Giannis is trash. This guy is 29 too which means he has no upside

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every Antetokounmpo not named Giannis is trash. This guy is 29 too which means he has no upside
    Have you heard anything about Alex, his youngest brother? I remember Giannis saying that Alex might turn out to be the best out of all the brothers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you heard anything about Alex, his youngest brother? I remember Giannis saying that Alex might turn out to be the best out of all the brothers.
    Is that you, Thomas antetodumbo? Hyping trash tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that you, Thomas antetodumbo? Hyping trash tbh
    Bro, where in my post do you see me hyping anybody? I was just asking about Alex since I hadn't heard anything about him in the last 3 years or so........nothing more than that. SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Use your head to think and consider.

If not just keep it to yourself.

I really think he can be a solid player in the NBA, just that.
    Whiiiiiich is why you’re not an NBA GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you.
    But I don't like the idea of letting Demar go.
    Our young core is not ready. They need one year more at least.
    Keldon should be the key player coming from the bench.

Pop needs to go too.
    DeMar is the REASON they’re packing the paint. Just replacing Demar with Vassell would pay HUGE dividends on BOTH ends of the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was afraid to open this....

We're talking about a 29 year old who has played in 58 NBA games and averaged 3 points a game, who might not even be the league if not for his brother....
    And to suggest him as an alternative to a 21 year old who while obviously has some flaws on his game, but is averaging 13 and 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is the REASON they’re packing the paint. Just replacing Demar with Vassell would pay HUGE dividends on BOTH ends of the floor.
    This guy gets it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, where in my post do you see me hyping anybody? I was just asking about Alex since I hadn't heard anything about him in the last 3 years or so........nothing more than that. SMH
    Thought you were hyping him. If not, my bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought you were hyping him. If not, my bad.
    It's all good bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there actually a thread on this site ing about Keldon Johnson and what he provides? In his 2nd year? as the 30th pick?

What the actual ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there actually a thread on this site ing about Keldon Johnson and what he provides? In his 2nd year? as the 30th pick?

What the actual ?

haha real talk... but yes THIS is the thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What the actual ?
    Aaaaand suggesting that a legacy/lil bro that was judged bad enough by 30/30 NBA GMs to not even warrant an NBA roster spot for multiple seasons was a better option. Don’t forget that part. A double scoop of stupid.

Thread Information