Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More to shooting than 3 point shooting and he has shown improvement in his ability to find shots from the mid range and hit them. I don’t know what else to say there- his attempts from 16 feet are substantially up and his efficiency in the lane but outside the restricted area is much improved from last year. Big agree dejounte needs to find the rack more instead of settling though.

his 3 point rate is the same because his shot is still a work in progress and it’s not a primary point of focus of his game at this time. That doesn’t mean it never will be or he can’t improve though and the improvement he has shown as a shooter in general give some hope in that area.

He’s a 2 way guard that can give you 15 points on any given night at 24 years old. He’s not a perfect player but he’s far from a finished product, obviously.

Put it this way: if I go to a restaurant and ordered a steak and out came a broiled piece of leather- I don’t ask the bus boy what the happened or rip my waiter and tell them it’s unacceptable. I stop ordering food cooked by that chef. Demar derozan is the chef and pointing fingers at dejounte or any number of young players is... dumb.
    Threes are far more important than mid rangers, he'll be 25 this year (sure, ACL wiped out a year and getting back to 100% took another, but still), has never shown an inclination to make 3s a significant part of his game and plays for an organization that's notorious for enabling this archaic behavior.

I'm not absolving or diminishing DeRozan's role in this, I'm just saying he's not alone and what's dumb is pretending otherwise.

In general, I'm sick of the cliche, trite ideology and bringing up the past when it comes to the youth. You do that when a team is undergoing a conventional re-build and has some high ceiling, early 20s prospects with superstar or star potential. What's going on here is diametrically opposed to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird to cling onto 538's Raptor prediction as if it's some infallible metric and also because I've shown you how it changes week to week. It could literally change again next week, so it wouldn't make sense to say "the Spurs could fall short of their prediction". Which prediction? The one they made two weeks before? Or the week before that?
    I've been using that as a bench mark to get an idea of where they might fall, pick wise. It changes, though its been steady for a week or two now. Based on their remaining schedule, they're likely to fall under the 33-39 mark.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs record too good at this point. Just play for W's and let the chips fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs unfortunately have a realistic chance of being the 13th seed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just fell out of top 8.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are going to pull through and make the playoffs. I know that things look grim. Patty and Gay can’t play defense. White and Murray are getting cooked by every guard out there. And despite Demar’s heroics of carrying this team on his back, we are still losing. But Lonnie is coming back. We play better on the road anyways. There is a sense of urgency now that wasn’t always there before. And we still have the best coach in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs are going to pull through and make the playoffs. I know that things look grim. Patty and Gay can’t play defense. White and Murray are getting cooked by every guard out there. And despite Demar’s heroics of carrying this team on his back, we are still losing. But Lonnie is coming back. We play better on the road anyways. There is a sense of urgency now that wasn’t always there before. And we still have the best coach in the NBA
    nah

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading ST is like trying to talk to a bi-polar.person who keeps switching between being up and down. They want to tank for a better draft pick (and I understand how this would be the year to do it with no fans in the building anyway), but then get pissed when we play the worst defenders and the shooters who are cold at the end of the game.

Pick a position and then hold to it. Fricken bipolar fans want it both ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second hardest SOS, suspect depth, spotty defense, feast or famine offense, no rest of more than one day for the rest of the season, re ed coach.

Nah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs unfortunately have a realistic chance of being the 13th seed...
    It's possible for the Warriors to overtake the Spurs, I suppose. They have a mega star on their team. They did just lose by 53 the other night. That's pretty bad.

The Kings seem to be on a roll and their chemistry is high.

I don't see the Pelicans moving past the Spurs. Their roster just doesn't fit together well.

The Thunder are trying to tank, I believe.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-04-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading ST is like trying to talk to a bi-polar.person who keeps switching between being up and down. They want to tank for a better draft pick (and I understand how this would be the year to do it with no fans in the building anyway), but then get pissed when we play the worst defenders and the shooters who are cold at the end of the game.

Pick a position and then hold to it. Fricken bipolar fans want it both ways.
    Even if you know it's better in the grand scheme of things, in the moment it's always difficult to hope your team does foolish things and loses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're currently at 14th pick. Is 14th this year likely to be better than Vassell?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we lose to the Cavs then we're moving in the right direction. Play Mills more and let him chuck shots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're currently at 14th pick. Is 14th this year likely to be better than Vassell?
    I think it's still a little ro early to tell. There are a couple high upside guys still ranked lower than that but the board is still moving around a good bit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we lose to the Cavs then we're moving in the right direction.
    I agree with that

People needs to see other teams, warriors are not great, so as sacramento, NO and i'm not sold on the Grizz... I still think spurs will be in the top 10 of the Western Conference but more 9 or 10.

Imo the most important thing to watch is East teams who are in Spurs range : actually, Atalanta, Charlotte ( difficult with ball and hayward out), miami, Boston, Ny and maybe Indiana... They all can past the Spurs and give us a better pick.

This draft is better than last year imo but i'm not sure about Vassell and the future 14th pick.

But i think this year 14th pick will be better than last year's 14th pick if you take the good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with that

People needs to see other teams, warriors are not great, so as sacramento, NO and i'm not sold on the Grizz... I still think spurs will be in the top 10 of the Western Conference but more 9 or 10.

Imo the most important thing to watch is East teams who are in Spurs range : actually, Atalanta, Charlotte ( difficult with ball and hayward out), miami, Boston, Ny and maybe Indiana... They all can past the Spurs and give us a better pick.

This draft is better than last year imo but i'm not sure about Vassell and the future 14th pick.

But i think this year 14th pick will be better than last year's 14th pick if you take the good player.
    Jaren Jackson Jr. is coming back this month so I think he could give the Grizzlies a nice boost.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team needs an exciting franchise player. Interestingly enough, 90% of the time it is a player picked in the top 15.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaren Jackson Jr. is coming back this month so I think he could give the Grizzlies a nice boost.
    I hope so, i prefer to see spurs winning but if we could land a good pick up that's better than nothing.

In fact Grizz are ahead of us today, it's more about other West teams that i talk... Grizz come last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be tricky for them. But they could use a talent boost. Memphis has a pretty tough schedule too so I, not sure that they'll jump us. GSW might though, even after they got wrecked the other night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the 2nd toughest schedule for ROS. It looks brutal and they are playing a lot of teams that will have something to play for, so I anticipate losses will load up. The issue is not will they lose enough to not make the playoffs, the issue is will they lose enough that some other teams pass them up so Spurs have better odds of getting a lower draft pick. Probably doesn't happen if S.A. doesn't tank a little.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget an ill-timed injury (or well-timed injury, depending on perspective) would send the Spurs right down the drain.
    Of, course, this could happen to some other teams as well. These last games are really just a countdown to the coaching record for Pop and next season's needed wins.
    I wish we could win out and get it over with sooner. This might take until mid-season next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-05-2021 at 05:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0-2, 24 games left.

Can they win half of those 24 games?

If the Spurs are a sub .500 team, it's looking like the max they could win is 10 from those 24.

Thread Information