Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the warriors tank? They don't own their pick this year so it doesn't benefit them at all?
    Huh? Yes, they do. Their pick is top 20 protected this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, I was thinking of including him in there but decided against it. Maybe he should be in it. I agree with your tiers.

If I were being honest, I'd probably draft Kuminga over Mobley but only because I want to see a long swingman going toe to toe with the likes of Nephew, LeBron, Doncic.
    I would take Kuminga #2 as well.... I'm pretty high on him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would the warriors tank? They don't own their pick this year so it doesn't benefit them at all?
    They do - it’s top 20 protected and then turns into a 2nd round pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? Yes, they do. Their pick is top 20 protected this year.
    Good to know....I looked at the trade machine and it showed tbey didn't own it....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State could care less about draft picks right now they trying to win a Championships and that needs proven Vets that will need to be added to the team this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State could care less about draft picks right now they trying to win a Championships and that needs proven Vets that will need to be added to the team this summer.
    Maybe so....but there's a real argument that I'd they have those2 1st's that they could trade them along with salary to acquire win now vets...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston and Minnesota are riding the razors edge. They’re well positioned, but their picks are scantily protected. Minny is 1-3 protected, and Hou is 1-4 protected. The past two drafts, 5 teams have jumped into those combined 8 drawn slots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And still put up 87 points in the first half

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Warriors win tonight but ouch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weisman out for the season with a torn meniscus. Warriors will go full tank now smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weisman out for the season with a torn meniscus. Warriors will go full tank now smh.
    Tbh, Wiseman was their tank commander. They'll be better without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been about ~6 games since this thread was made.

As of 4/11/21, the Spurs have a 25-26 record.

If all non-playoff teams follow their season WIN% for the remaining games:

If all non-playoff teams follow their WIN% from the Last 10 games for the remaining games:

Fun fact:

Every team's last 10 games has mostly remained the same with the exception of:

The Thunder and the Kings changed from their winning ways and are dropping like an anchor.

Previous L10 for Thunder = 4 W / 6 L. Now = 1 W / 9 L
    Previous L10 for Kings = 7 W / 3 L. Now = 4 W / 6 L

The Celtics and the Raptors are starting to win more and are trending up.

Previous L10 for Celtics = 3 W / 7 L. Now = 7 W / 3 L
    Previous L10 for Raptors = 1 W / 9 L. Now = 4 W / 6 L

I'm guessing it's going to be pick #12 for the Spurs when it's all said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work, Dejounte.

I'm still early in my draft prep but it looks like you'll basically get the same level of player from about pick 6 to pick 16 or so. Thus, no real reason to tank right now. There's a razor thin margin starting at 6.

Might as well try to make the playoffs, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work, Dejounte.

I'm still early in my draft prep but it looks like you'll basically get the same level of player from about pick 6 to pick 16 or so. Thus, no real reason to tank right now. There's a razor thin margin starting at 6.

Yeah. With the draft odds flattening, if the Spurs make the play-in at 9th or 10th place.. there is still a (very small) chance that they can get into the top 3 picks if the basketball gods favour them. Might as well push to get in to the play-in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work, Dejounte.

I think you're right with the pick 6-16 with a lot of guys with tools and potential, the only thing if you go near the 16th pick is that you can forget some big potentials like Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes for example. Their ceilling especially Johnson looks a little bit better than some of pursuers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're right with the pick 6-16 with a lot of guys with tools and potential, the only thing if you go near the 16th pick is that you can forget some big potentials like Jalen Johnson or Scottie Barnes for example. Their ceilling especially Johnson looks a little bit better than some of pursuers.
    Jalen Johnson transferred from his HS in Wisconsin to IMG academy. Lasted 6 games. “Committed” to Duke, and lasted a whole 13 games. He’s a quitter, who also can’t shoot, one of those en led AAU pricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work, Dejounte.

Spurs have a position need. Has to 6’ 7” w:o shoes and a plus wingspan. IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a position need. Has to 6’ 7” w:o shoes and a plus wingspan. IMO.
    Should be easy to fill. You don’t even have basketball skills as a requirement. Does he have to be athletic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be easy to fill. You don’t even have basketball skills as a requirement. Does he have to be athletic?
    I have a MyPlayer on NBA2K17 which fits these requirements. Where do I sign up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    true but I responded to the post saying 6-16 was all similarly talented. I assume everyone in that range will meet my minimum skill and athleticism but would not meet my size requirement.

Edit: My preference to start is an athletic 3&D PF with decent lob threat skills.
    Last edited by SpursDynasty85; 04-12-2021 at 09:35 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson transferred from his HS in Wisconsin to IMG academy. Lasted 6 games. “Committed” to Duke, and lasted a whole 13 games. He’s a quitter, who also can’t shoot, one of those en led AAU pricks.
    I know that and that's a big question mark with the shoot.
    But I talk only about talent. I think He is ahead of a lot of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota's results in the draft have been so bad, & now it looks inevitable that they'll get another top 4 pick. And look where they are: their centerpiece Towns is a major defensive liability, and so far neither of their shooting guards (Okogie & Edwards) can shoot. Almost everybody else is gone. They're basically in lottery/rebuild mode after a decade plus of great draft positions. This is one area where the Spurs are still a superior force in the league.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not convinced that this draft is "flat" from 6-16. Hopefully we can ID the right guys and have them fall far enough...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that and that's a big question mark with the shoot.
    But I talk only about talent. I think He is ahead of a lot of players.
    Spurs worry about more than that. Last guy I remember with Character red flags was KPJ, and he nearly dropped out of the first round. The flags turned out to be warranted. Cleveland dumped him part way into season 2 on his contact to one of the worst teams in the league, for a second rounder.

Thread Information