Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minnesota's results in the draft have been so bad, & now it looks inevitable that they'll get another top 4 pick. And look where they are: their centerpiece Towns is a major defensive liability, and so far neither of their shooting guards (Okogie & Edwards) can shoot. Almost everybody else is gone. They're basically in lottery/rebuild mode after a decade plus of great draft positions. This is one area where the Spurs are still a superior force in the league.
    They can only get a top 3 pick. If it falls to 4, they lose it with the scant protections they have on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point of emphasis for Spurs' development is the prospect's willingness to listen. If you're of poor character, you'll be less receptive to what the Spurs will want to teach you thus lowering your ceiling. Brian Wright said as much after drafting Tre and Devin last year noting their personalities.

Personality will be a huge tell when scouting 2021 prospects. It's why prospects like Greg Jones and Trendon Watford, IMO, are OUT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    character at this point, we need actual talent bc we lack it. We have a buncha C players and a B- player in DJ. Bc the youth ain't winning next year and the last thing we need is another young talent on this team. TBH I would love it if they trade this years pick and next year's pick to the Wolves for Towns. Give them whatever players they want too. It would give our team a sense of direction and be easier for our GM to build a team with the cap space we do have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been about ~6 games since this thread was made.

As of 4/11/21, the Spurs have a 25-26 record.

If all non-playoff teams follow their season WIN% for the remaining games:

If all non-playoff teams follow their WIN% from the Last 10 games for the remaining games:

Fun fact:

Every team's last 10 games has mostly remained the same with the exception of:

The Thunder and the Kings changed from their winning ways and are dropping like an anchor.

Previous L10 for Thunder = 4 W / 6 L. Now = 1 W / 9 L
    Previous L10 for Kings = 7 W / 3 L. Now = 4 W / 6 L

The Celtics and the Raptors are starting to win more and are trending up.

Previous L10 for Celtics = 3 W / 7 L. Now = 7 W / 3 L
    Previous L10 for Raptors = 1 W / 9 L. Now = 4 W / 6 L

I'm guessing it's going to be pick #12 for the Spurs when it's all said and done.

We have a good history with those ping pong balls... I'm placing my bet on a crazy ping pong and a top 4 pick. There, I said it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    character at this point, we need actual talent bc we lack it. We have a buncha C players and a B- player in DJ. Bc the youth ain't winning next year and the last thing we need is another young talent on this team. TBH I would love it if they trade this years pick and next year's pick to the Wolves for Towns. Give them whatever players they want too. It would give our team a sense of direction and be easier for our GM to build a team with the cap space we do have.
    You think Towns is an A talent? How's that worked for Minny?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Towns is an A talent? How's that worked for Minny?
    Im not a big fan of Towns tbh so if you want to on him and call him empty calories I’m fine with that. But failing in Minn isn’t a good reason to do so. The entire city sucks sports wise. Vikings have never won, Twins, and the Wolves. They have been their entire existence someone as good as KG, who is a top 20 player all time missed the playoffs 2 years in a row during his prime.

Towns has a lot of flaws in his game. He is a poor defender, he doesn’t bring it every night, and he has no idea how to lead. But if I’m going to have a flawed player anyway, I might as well have one that gets me 26 points a game instead of ty flawed players like the ones we have. Plus we have a ton of guards, we have zero good big men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are not going to win any lottery balls with Pop going after NBA owners

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs are not going to win any lottery balls with Pop going after NBA owners
    Pop engaging in cancel culture?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop engaging in cancel culture?
    I like how people have no ing clue what words mean anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, there goes the dream for a Top 10 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a real chance we go 5-15 to close out the season... that should put us in the 9-12 range..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a real chance we go 5-15 to close out the season... that should put us in the 9-12 range..
    There's a chance but that Mavs win more likely is the dagger that killed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren't the Spurs interested in Bitadze?

I could really see them going for Sengun, who is a much better prospect.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a chance but that Mavs win more likely is the dagger that killed it.
    Could be...but look at the remaining schedule and see if you can find 6 teams we should beat... in my 5 wins I included winning at Indiana.... that's not a guaranteed win in itself...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The very good : Spurs lose to Raptors

The good : Indiana wins, Gs wins,

The bad : Pels and Grizz lose, Also Charlotte with 3 L in a row and a lot of injured players.

We could also say that there's a big chance Chicago, Sacramento and the Raptors would be behind us in the standings with 5 GB or more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the free fall continues......
    In the last 10 games 3 teams have a worse record than the Spurs: Houston, Sacramento and OKC

In that same span, 3 teams have as bad a record as the Spurs: Cleveland, Orlando and Chicago

That 10th spot will very likely come down to Spurs/Pelicans barring something unforeseen. We have 18 games to play and the 2nd hardest schedule. NO and SAC have 16 games left each and the 9th and 16th hardest schedules.
    Last edited by ginobilized; 04-16-2021 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been about ~13 games since the last update was made.

As of 5/04/21, the Spurs have a 31-33 record.

If all non-playoff teams follow their season WIN% for the remaining games:

If all non-playoff teams follow their WIN% from the Last 10 games for the remaining games:

There are eight games left.

The Spurs would have to lose all eight games AND hope the Kings + Raptors (assumes Pelicans and Pacers win games, too) win games in order to get a 8th or 9th pick.

The Pelicans and the Pacers are what stands in the way of a 10th or 11th pick. In this scenario, the Spurs cannot win more than 1-2 games. The Spurs cannot count on the Pelicans to win any games because they're awful. The Pacers look competent and are hanging on to get in the play-in tournament.

The Hornets and Wizards are both on a roll.

My prediction of Spurs range:

11th to 15th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if I'm an agent of a kid that's gonna be a lottery pick, I don't want him in San antonio as long as popovich is around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they'll end up with the 12th pick tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Tankathon Mock Draft order:

11. Moses Moody
    12. James Bouknight
    13. Alperen Sengun
    14. Franz Wagner
    15. Isiah Jacson
    16. Josh Giddey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Current Tankathon Mock Draft order:

11. Moses Moody
    12. James Bouknight
    13. Alperen Sengun
    14. Franz Wagner
    15. Isiah Jacson
    16. Josh Giddey
    I actually like Giddey quite a bit. Another Australian to join Patty's coffee crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giddey>Ben Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no. Not now, not when Ben was a draft candidate.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Giddey in theory because of his passing that we need desperately, but he probably will get picked too high and we will see who drops to us, or who we reach for. This draft seems less predictable to me than last year.

A player I’m trying to get up to speed on is Moses Moody. I feel Bouknight (sic) will be gone but Moody might be still there.

Thread Information