6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun rights advocates are praising a federal court ruling that deemed Los Angeles County's move to close gun stores at the start of the pandemic was uncons utional.

A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Los Angeles and Ventura counties violated the 2nd Amendment by shutting down gun and ammunition stores in March 2020 arguing that they were nonessential businesses, Fox 11 reported.

"The court today rightfully recognized that Los Angeles County violated Second Amendment rights when it shut down gun stores and ranges in the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic," Michael Jean, NRA's director of the Office of Litigation Counsel, said in a statement. "This is an important decision. It ensures that California -- or any state -- cannot use a crisis to trample on the Cons utional rights of citizens."

In the ruling, Judge Lawrence Van wrote that the Second Amendment "means nothing if the government can prohibit all persons from acquiring any firearm or ammunition."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gun rights advocates are praising a federal court ruling that deemed Los Angeles County's move to close gun stores at the start of the pandemic was uncons utional.

A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Los Angeles and Ventura counties violated the 2nd Amendment by shutting down gun and ammunition stores in March 2020 arguing that they were nonessential businesses, Fox 11 reported.

"The court today rightfully recognized that Los Angeles County violated Second Amendment rights when it shut down gun stores and ranges in the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic," Michael Jean, NRA's director of the Office of Litigation Counsel, said in a statement. "This is an important decision. It ensures that California -- or any state -- cannot use a crisis to trample on the Cons utional rights of citizens."

In the ruling, Judge Lawrence Van wrote that the Second Amendment "means nothing if the government can prohibit all persons from acquiring any firearm or ammunition."
    Lol essential business

Thread Information