Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flopovich taking fatigue as an excuse for his awful coaching and roster construction
    This is a way better excuse than the "we played soft" one tbh, he can re-use it all season long

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good/fair response tbh, appreciate it. I disagree most with "He is not responsible for every single decision that the Spurs organization makes" since he signs off on everything.

The brain drain this organization has experienced in the last several years is very, very apparent both on the FO level and on that coaching bench tbh.
    I think that is a very salient point.

Yes, Pop has a say on the big decisions the Spurs make, but that doesn't mean he is responsible for all of them. He can't manage an organization, coach a team, and develop players all by himself....nobody could. And he is shown a history of trusting in the brain trust around him which is why many have gone on to be successful in their own careers.

However, when you go from the likes of Sam Presti, Mike Budenholzer, Brett Brown, Monty Williams, and Ime Udoka to Brian Wright, Mitch Johnson, Will Hardy, and Becky Hammon....the product is bound to suffer (no offense to Becky, I think she is easily the most qualified person behind Pop on the bench).

I'm sure Pop gets some say in those hiring decisions, but at a certain point you are going to have to start scraping the bottom of the barrel when you let all of your good assets leave for other opportunities. And Pop will always be the figurehead, so he will take the blame whether it is due or not.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks to be this bad but a lot easier to accept than the 2013 Finals lol. Every franchise goes through this but like the majority have said, PATFO compounded the situation with some really poor decisions which have come home to roost. Hard to blame the players who have been put in real bind although Deroan/LMA deserve some because they are the 'Stars'. It's hard to see any tangible progress short-term unless there is a regime change which doesn't seem all too likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again Luka fails to take advantage of playing time. Dude sucks.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk to these es.

Brandon Clarke bettah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time to soundthe alarm,tbh

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs guards outscored 51-27

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie will save us

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And some of you thought TJ McConnell taking a hot on the Spurs home court was a low point. Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fatigue during a 9 game homestead is a bad excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a lot of blame to go around, so I don't think Pop is solely to blame like everyone wants to make him out to be. He is not responsible for every single decision that the Spurs organization makes.

I hold Pop accountable for leaning on the vets more than he should...especially when it's been made apparent over the last two and a half seasons those parts just don't fit well together. He puts way too much faith in DeMar for extended periods which freezes out the other guys on the team. His reliance on Mills continues to be disturbing despite Patty starting the season well.

That said..tonight is a perfect example that just throwing the young guys out on the floor and letting them play isn't a quick fix. "Learning on the fly" only goes so far.

I hold the FO accountable for stockpiling a bunch of guards and putting all their chips on a small-ball "pace-and-space" style of play when none of those young guys are particularly good shooters. Getting Vassell and Dieng are baby steps in the right direction, but it's still hard to figure out who is going to emerge from the pack of Murray, White, Walker, and Johnson. There is a lot of deadweight that needs to be dropped.

And I still blame ing Kawhi and Uncle Dennis for planting the dynamite. This team was heading in a good direction and being built around Kawhi, and has been picking up the pieces ever since that blew up. The Spurs are known for doing right by their veterans (which is the only compe ive advantage they have left in the free agent market) which led to them coddling Aldridge, Gasol, DeRozan, Mills, etc...and depending upon what happens this summer, it looks like it's going to be another long few years ahead.
    Ppl be quick to point out all the flaws of the FO, but find it impossible to fathom that they're the reason Kawhi left... literally any NBA player with a smidge of self worth would be pissed with a front office guy calling him a pussy for being injured (especially after dragging the carcass of everyone on the team to the WCF the year before)...the FO were too beholden to Parker and Ginobili and wanted to send them out with a bang...but u can't insult ur current star in the process...even Duncan would have left if they called him a pussy when he was injured early on in his career and didn't play in the playoffs...our FO isn't perfect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if u ever played ball...but that's not how basketball works...there's a reason Luka looked good when he was getting consistent minutes, and looked bad when he has been benched forever and suddenly given minutes....even young players have to find their way on the court and build a rhythm and rapport on court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong. Just a low-key tank job is finally in effect.
    We aren't tanking...we suck

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine this team crying about not having all-stars lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And some of you thought TJ McConnell taking a hot on the Spurs home court was a low point. Yikes.
    Do we play the Bucks again? If so, maybe our low point will be Forbes dropping 50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if u ever played ball...but that's not how basketball works...there's a reason Luka looked good when he was getting consistent minutes, and looked bad when he has been benched forever and suddenly given minutes....even young players have to find their way on the court and build a rhythm and rapport on court
    Bruh he's a professional. He should be ready to go at any moment. He just isn't good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl be quick to point out all the flaws of the FO, but find it impossible to fathom that they're the reason Kawhi left... literally any NBA player with a smidge of self worth would be pissed with a front office guy calling him a pussy for being injured (especially after dragging the carcass of everyone on the team to the WCF the year before)...the FO were too beholden to Parker and Ginobili and wanted to send them out with a bang...but u can't insult ur current star in the process...even Duncan would have left if they called him a pussy when he was injured early on in his career and didn't play in the playoffs...our FO isn't perfect
    Duncan wanted to play badly in '00 playoffs. I remember it well and how Pop wouldn't let him play. Duncan never faked injuries like Kawhi. Terrible comparison.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do we play the Bucks again? If so, maybe our low point will be Forbes dropping 50.
    Nah it will be Giannis' scrub brother going off for 30.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh he's a professional. He should be ready to go at any moment. He just isn't good.
    So that is a NO....

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If ever there was a bounce back game, this would have been it. Injuries or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course this is the one day out of the year that got Dejounte logs off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course this is the one day out of the year that got Dejounte logs off.
    I've been posting all night?

Stop playing yourself. You'll still be posting on this forum for years whining about guys like me and rage posting about a team you don't like. That's the punch line here.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm at AT&T boys. Hopefully these ers don't ruin my evening
    Damn at least there are always lots of hookers on New Braunfels Ave after the games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm at AT&T boys. Hopefully these ers don't ruin my evening
    I'm really sorry my dude. Hoping at least hopefully your tickets weren't sky high with only 3k allowed in the building to have watched what looks to be one of the most inexcusable blowouts I've seen for any NBA team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp right on schedule with the tank

Thread Information