• Vassell

24 21.24%
  • Samanic

15 13.27%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate it but patience is key, last year watching Murray I thought he was never going to pan out but he’s surpassed all my expectations this season and his future looks promising! Even Luka lol last season I thought he was a complete scrub and the jury is still out on him but he’s had some nice moments

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Derrick a lot. He sacrifices his body, a real glue and a great team mate. Maybe he could squeak in 1-2 all star if things go his way.
    I sort of feel the same way the thing is that the team needs to come together around him for him to do that. You don't get an all star very often anymore unless you're regularly being mentioned on sorts center and tnt coach selection is almost always the guy who just missed on the votes. Unlike Ginobli barkley doesn't love saying white and the spurs television national games are fewer and further between.I feel like the young core is a superstar baway from being a contender and that if there was a real first option at the 3 or 4 this team will be in real contention as soon as it happens. I want white to get physically right, murray is turning into a more confident shooter faster than I thought he's never going to be a marksman but much like kidd when you look at his stats in a few years you're going to say how did this guy get a non shooter rep. Answer (not be when you came into the league and take a few years to develop confidence in it.)

Luka, Last year he grew into his frame, this year he needs to get some more floor time. He is from europe he understands a tiered league system a couple of games with the big team to get a feel and some experience rip up the d league for two weeks a couple of games with the big team (basically a week) rip up the d league for two weeks with what you were told to work on. Covid messed this up. I don't know how he's responding coaching wise in the locker room and team wise I hope well because I see a very high ceiling if he can grow his game a bit. I can also see a burn without a second nba shot if he decides to fold from the nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate it but patience is key, last year watching Murray I thought he was never going to pan out but he’s surpassed all my expectations this season and his future looks promising! Even Luka lol last season I thought he was a complete scrub and the jury is still out on him but he’s had some nice moments
    Agreed. Spurs fans just got too spoiled with 22 years straight playoffs. As must as I get disgusted sometimes with the loss, or who Pop is playing or not, we are getting out of this season and possibly drafting another Vassell quality player, and sign a quality C/FP who can help us get to the next level. And it’s still much shorter period than the likes of sizers, Knicks, Suns who have been rebuilding for years. Patience Daniel-son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing that I can agree with is that it won't be white or poeltl
    I think you might be surprised at how White will blossom if DD is gone. I always go back to the draft video of him, and his HS coach. He said that every coach underestimates him, but eventually puts the ball into his hands. He did, his coach at UCCS did, and even as a senior transfer, his coach at UC did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is the easy pick

Derrick White has the most well rounded skill set but is the oldest

Jak is good. He will get better. But he’s going to be a guy who plays off of others and makes his money anchoring a top defense. It’s a super valuable role but he’s a role player ultimately.

Vassell has a lot of untapped scoring potential beyond the traditional 3 and D mold. He’s comfortable handling the ball, at FSU he was a ball handler and in garbage time situations in the NBA we’ve seen him handle the ball a bit in iso and PnR. Can pull up a bit from 15 already and has a nice release point and repeatable mechanics. Early season he made some nice outlet passes off rebounds and just seems to have an understanding of the floor. He is tall but not that tall, long but not that long, athletic but not that athletic. He’s a lock to be a rotation player for a very long time. Potential is there and he could explode or he could stagnate.

Keldon is raw but has the tools and work ethic to greatly expand his game in the coming seasons. But until I see the flashes of 3 level scoring, stop and pop, whatever- I’m not going to fully hitch my wagon to him being “the guy” but I’m not ruling it out.

Walker had his best stretch of basketball prior to the wrist injury and looks to be finally embracing his athleticism and understanding how to weaponize it in the half court. Looks to be a player that will score at 3 levels, is learning to create for himself and others off the bounce. Defense I think he will always have limitations one on one as he doesn’t use his body particularly well but the effort seems to more or less be there. I do think Lonnie is starting to turn the corner and 2022 will be a big year for him.

Luka has similar scoring potential to Lonnie at 3 levels, is tall, quick, has a quick and easy shooting stroke that should be repeatable and consistent given enough attempts. Can put his back to the basket and score. He’s shown an ability to use his physical tools to guard wings, bigs, plug driving lanes, rebound the ball, clean up the offensive glass, and generally just be a difference maker when he’s comfortable on the floor. Watching a lot of Nuggets basketball this year I can see a future for Luka that looks similar to what Michael porter Jr is doing in Denver.

Im gonna gamble a bit here and say Luka. He’s still raw, his playing time is scant, and there’s times he’s going to look lost on the floor. But the leap from year 1 to year 2 is substantial both physically and in his mindset on the floor and I think he’s going to be really damn good.

Grand scheme the spurs are in a pretty nice place with young talent, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My vote is DJ. With that being said I don’t think we will see more than 1-2 all-star appearances from our entire young core combined over their careers, especially if they remain Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was a time when I swore White would be the best and that the instagram baller was more hype than substance, now Dijon looks like the truth and Derrick has fallen off, it might be more about injuries than it is about either players true max. The first year back from the injury Dijon was meh but now he is showing that potential he flashed early on. Now Derrick looks meh but maybe next year he will show that swagger that almost single handedly eliminated the Nuggets in the playoffs. I am really like Mr. Big Body as well. The Spurs are a in his prime superstar away from being the truth. An in their prime LMA or the nephew with these young guys would be pretty good. DePression is alright if he is your 2nd super star but has been proven he can't be your top guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obvious answer is Murray. he will have the chance to be the most impactful of the bunch because the ball will be in his hands most of the time.
    If one of them becomes an all star i would be a happy fan and Murray seems to be the only one with some potential even though i have to say that i'm not entirely sold on any of them tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is tough. They've all been disappointing. Murray I guess.
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot was expected of Murray and he has improved to the point of almost 16 pts. per game plus he is pretty good defensively already. One more year of incremental improvement and he may make the all star team sooner rather than later. The rest of the young guys (other than White) need to make quite a few more leaps still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell was on full display in the Suns game. We got to see a bit of everything from him today.

What's so exciting about his potential development is that he already knows how to play off ball.

His on ball skill-set already appears ahead of where it was coming out of college. The DNPs, unless for injury - need to stop.
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 04-18-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Thread Information