Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Chicago may be an option; Bulls reportedly had interest in DeMar, and are probably looking for a third "star" to go with LaVine and Vucevic. They can't sign DeMar outright but they do have Markkanen who, if he's interested, could be shipped back in a double S&T (I think that's technically possible) . Bulls get DeMar and Spurs get Lauri.
    the bulls are 100% dumb enough to want demar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bulls and Markkanen is obviously a reasonable trade scenario. I would try and get Satoranský, who's contract should close the gap in the DDR contract. Satoranský is the type of Spurs they need. Just is a very smart player, combo guard with good size and a decent shooter.

I am unsure how double sign and trades work though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago may be an option; Bulls reportedly had interest in DeMar, and are probably looking for a third "star" to go with LaVine and Vucevic. They can't sign DeMar outright but they do have Markkanen who, if he's interested, could be shipped back in a double S&T (I think that's technically possible) . Bulls get DeMar and Spurs get Lauri.
    From the Bulls perspective, I suspect the Vucevic trade was two fold: Belief that Williams can become a significant piece and if so, with him, LaVine, Vucevic and a big market, if they can become decent for a while, they can get in the game for significant free agents.

That being the case, they're not blowing that opportunity on late - post prime DeRozan, especially when their two best players are already sub par defenders.

hmm... i'd say:
    knicks #1
    hawks #2
    spurs #3 ?

i think the raps and grizz are too smart to want demar. both teams need help but demar is not the answer for anyone TBH.
    There's no such thing as "too smart". Most of the job is luck based and situational. The Spurs were supposedly geniuses for nearly two decades, until they weren't. Then it was the Warriors turn, then they weren't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he walks, but if he walks for nothing Popovich is the biggest idiot in NBA history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he can't take a "wide open" three when he's given the chance...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There's no such thing as "too smart". Most of the job is luck based and situational. The Spurs were supposedly geniuses for nearly two decades, until they weren't. Then it was the Warriors turn, then they weren't.
    i disagree. there's good GMs, etc. and bad ones. i think masai knew who demar really was. and was smart enough to "risk" moving him for kawhi.

also, the warriors had solid rosters / would still be favorites if durant never left. they didn't want to move him for DLo.

most (all?) teams were smart enough to not offer much for la and / or demar.

spurs were smart for drafting outside america but the rest of the league caught up with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean he was destined to fail here since the team was never built around him If we properly built around him then we would be a top 4 team in the west this year. Like imagine if the 27 million a year to LMA actually went to a good player. Imagine if his center could make a lay up. Or KJ a wide ass open 3. This team is built in a way for him to fail and he still is dragging the Spurs to the playoffs (play-in).
    This is bull ...a real difference maker can go to ANY team and make it successful...the team doesn't literally have to be built around them...DeMar just isn't that guy...kawhi never had a team that was built around him...he played with whatever he had...durant can go to ANY team... Tatum can go to any team...AD can go to any team...DeMar needs a team to be built around him because he is so limited, but even if one were to be built around him, he simply isn't that dude...that team wouldn't be taken seriously

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain the situation with his bird rights- cap hold if we do a S&T ? Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding DDR- “I can see the Emperor's has no Clothes/why can you not see the emperor has no clothes”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's experiment with the Spurs is pretty much done. It didn't work out. That doesn't mean DD's guady numbers can't atract a decent haul from another team.
    It's also more than reasonable to think a team going nowhere fast, with by all indications no interest in re-signing him, would trade him and take what they can get while they still have leverage.
    The Spurs ed up when they didn’t trade him after that first playoff embarrassment, then doubled down by not moving him in the two years since. Now their only hope is some sucker team will be as delusional about derozan as Spurs fans are.
    I hope he walks, but if he walks for nothing Popovich is the biggest idiot in NBA history
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was getting at, tbh. I know Spurs fans know that DeRozan's value is pretty limited in today's NBA. If someone like Evan Fournier was worth two second round draft picks, DeRozan's value to other teams is somewhere in that neighborhood, too. In fact, it's not a stretch to say Fournier has more universal appeal than DeRozan at this point in time, if only because he's a shooter.

We can pretend DeRozan is a major asset that the Spurs would be foolish to let walk. But if we're going to be realistic about it, we can admit that DeRozan is most likely worth a couple of second round draft picks, at most.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love ddr, hope he gets paid, hope he rings, looks like that aint gonna happen with the mermaids so ... be well playa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, this is exactly what I was getting at, tbh. I know Spurs fans know that DeRozan's value is pretty limited in today's NBA. If someone like Evan Fournier was worth two second round draft picks, DeRozan's value to other teams is somewhere in that neighborhood, too. In fact, it's not a stretch to say Fournier has more universal appeal than DeRozan at this point in time, if only because he's a shooter.

We can pretend DeRozan is a major asset that the Spurs would be foolish to let walk. But if we're going to be realistic about it, we can admit that DeRozan is most likely worth a couple of second round draft picks, at most.
    Nah, Derozan would have pretty clearly comanded a much better haul than Fournier. A first round pick is the least we would have got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Derozan would have pretty clearly comanded a much better haul than Fournier. A first round pick is the least we would have got.
    Disagree. If I’m a GM I value wings that can shoot the three and play defense. Demar can do neither. He might not even bring in a single first round pick, but there’s no way he brings two IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. If I’m a GM I value wings that can shoot the three and play defense. Demar can do neither. He might not even bring in a single first round pick, but there’s no way he brings two IMO
    Many teams desperate to make the playoffs would have easily given up a protected first round pick for DeRozan.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, because the Spurs completely mismanaged this “asset”. You people will forever live in denial about the incompetence of this front office. I wouldn’t be surprised if they re-sign this dude because that is exactly the type of move a ty front office would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying this for a while. I think Spurs will go hard for sabonis or towns this offseason.
    Towns isn’t a FA, and Minny won’t trade him, since his contract isn’t up until 2024. He’s expressed an interest in staying,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Towns isn’t a FA, and Minny won’t trade him, since his contract isn’t up until 2024. He’s expressed an interest in staying,
    There have been reports since the deadline that Minny is looking to move Towns send Russell this offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? The team sucks with him, they can get their teeth kicked it at home fine without him too.
    Starting to think that way too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting to think that way too.
    I haven't seen a lot of upside with DeRozan lately so I'm on the same boat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody wanting this guy back after missing out on the playoffs 2/3 seasons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spot on. And his at ude when the team experiences any form of adversity? A missed call, contentious foul... Just can't keep his cool. Not many teams would be willing to sign up for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, because the Spurs completely mismanaged this “asset”. You people will forever live in denial about the incompetence of this front office. I wouldn’t be surprised if they re-sign this dude because that is exactly the type of move a ty front office would do.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on. And his at ude when the team experiences any form of adversity? A missed call, contentious foul... Just can't keep his cool. Not many teams would be willing to sign up for that.
    He did it again tonight.. this young team seeing that at ude

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rudy and patty -22 and -29 tonight and spurstalk is talking about demar .....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Even if that were true, I'd take that over nothing. The guy who should win MVP this season was the 41st pick in the '14 draft. Needle in a haystack obviously, but it beats the alternative.

Thread Information