Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that is the most likely scenario..
    They likely have almost enough to do that, but they’d have to renounce everyone, including Derrick Rose, and that would make Thibs blow a gasket. They have only six players under contract, so you’d have to add seven minimum salary cap holds. Both DD and Lowry would have to take less than their MAX, probably below $30 M each.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I completely disagree with that. In fact, the best situation for the Spurs is a sign and trade that sends DeRozan to MIN and KAT to the Spurs.
    Would Demar agree to a sign and trade only to be traded to Siberia?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would Demar agree to a sign and trade only to be traded to Siberia?
    Nope. It would have to be a three way trade, maybe with the Knicks. No one would sign with the TWolves , which is essentially what a sign and trade is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They likely have almost enough to do that, but they’d have to renounce everyone, including Derrick Rose, and that would make Thibs blow a gasket. They have only six players under contract, so you’d have to add seven minimum salary cap holds. Both DD and Lowry would have to take less than their MAX, probably below $30 M each.
    I expect ddr to be in that range... Lowry I expect to be between 20 and 25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect ddr to be in that range... Lowry I expect to be between 20 and 25
    You can expect all you want. Players want what they want. I’m not even sure that the remaining 6 players, plus DD and Lowry, plus 5 minimum contract guys is even a playoff team in the East.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can expect all you want. Players want what they want. I’m not even sure that the remaining 6 players, plus DD and Lowry, plus 5 minimum contract guys is even a playoff team in the East.
    Yes, he can want all he wants for any amount but, based in the lack of interest at the deadline based on teams that didn't want to pay him $30M next year I expect him to have to take less than that... so my expectations are based on the indicators I see in the market..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's weird because this guy has a game similar to Kobe Bryant. He's not Kobe, but he's not that far off in his ability to create his own shot off the dribble and his ability to hit the midrange and get to the rim almost at will and finish. Yet in today's game, that is not a valuable skill, at least not if you can't also hit 3 pointers or play great defense. I do think he has showcased great playmaking skills and there is no question the Spurs are a bubble playoff team because of what he has done. If he were not on the team, they would be solidly in the lottery. I'm curious to see what teams think of him this offseason and what is value is. Since some teams can sign him outright, it makes sense that they wouldn't trade away the future for a guy playing on the last year of his contract. But the Spurs have likely been willing to trade him any of the last 3 years and still have not gotten a decent enough offer to move him.

Also, how long would you sign him for? He's 31 years old. I would not sign him to longer than 3 years if I were any NBA team. But there is no way you can consider a lowball to him. It's not like he wouldn't be one of the best players on any team in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't sign demar to any contract

you let a team in a big market struggling to be relevant overpay and overcommit to the aging player that plays negative defense and overlaps positions with your 2 best young players and laugh as you play them twice a year and roast demar on defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong but I don’t see him back. The team is not a good fit for him. He’s a win now player and this team needs an infusion of talent from the draft or for some of their players to grow and develop. I have only marginally followed the team this season as I am a casual nba fan atm but I don’t see him back. I also think him and the team have tried to get him traded b4 and are ready to part ways, it’s always the Spurs not getting a package they like or something, but they have looked around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he can want all he wants for any amount but, based in the lack of interest at the deadline based on teams that didn't want to pay him $30M next year I expect him to have to take less than that... so my expectations are based on the indicators I see in the market..
    Teams aren’t interested in GIVING UP ASSETS FOR HIM. That doesn’t mean he won’t get paid. , NY supposedly won’t deal with us at all, something about supposed tampering with KP back in the day. They won’t have to if they simply sign him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams aren’t interested in GIVING UP ASSETS FOR HIM. That doesn’t mean he won’t get paid. , NY supposedly won’t deal with us at all, something about supposed tampering with KP back in the day. They won’t have to if they simply sign him.
    Of course he'll get paid...the amount is in question....as far assets giving uo...the reports were they didn't give assets becausethey didn'twant to pay what he was asking for his next contract.....if you think Lowry is getting $30M then bookmark this and come back when he does ...I seriously doubt I'll see you quoting this in FA...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course he'll get paid...the amount is in question....as far assets giving uo...the reports were they didn't give assets becausethey didn'twant to pay what he was asking for his next contract.....if you think Lowry is getting $30M then bookmark this and come back when he does ...I seriously doubt I'll see you quoting this in FA...
    I don’t think Lowry will get $30M, but then again, he’s older than DD by a couple of years. I absolutely think DD could get $30M. In today’s hyper inflated Market, where salaries are creeping up on $50 M, that is probably a deal, even with his flawed game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever else PATFO does, not signing DDR would be a major win. In a myriad of ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Lowry will get $30M, but then again, he’s older than DD by a couple of years. I absolutely think DD could get $30M. In today’s hyper inflated Market, where salaries are creeping up on $50 M, that is probably a deal, even with his flawed game.
    I agree that DDR will get at least $30M/yr... I think Lowry gets between $20 and $25 per year depending on the length of the contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s hoping SATX is socked in with zero visibility when DDR is looking for a place to land.

Thread Information