Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I barely caught any of this game, starting to get really disinterested with the season. Lol Patty a -29 in big minutes. As long as Pop is riding the Rudy/Patty duo we are absolutely ed. it's one thing to ride vets if your vets are good, like in 2012-2015. It's another thing to ride vets when they suck, are old, were never really that good to begin with, and at the expense of the younger players. Popovich is a ing moron. Dude needs to GTFO, yesterday. A Mills/Gay/DeRozan core would have been trash 5 years ago, it's even worse now Pop just needs to step aside and let someone else take the reigns. it is becoming increasingly more obvious that the team has tuned him out and that he barely even gives a about actually coaching to win anymore

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, same for me. I actually loved following that '96-'97 team even though they weren't very good (I had no idea we'd get Tim Duncan out of it either, so that turned out great. I felt kind of like a reward for sticking with that team), but last season was the first time I didn't want to watch games and I missed most of the season. I stopped watching around December. I cared all of this season up until a couple of weeks ago and have followed nearly every game (even the ones I didn't watch, I've still come here to Spurstalk to see what you guys think. Last season, I didn't even do that), or whenever the trade deadline was, but since then, I haven't given a crap about any losses. FO did nothing and I don't want to watch this anymore.

They just will not trade the vets and I don't want to watch those guys (vets), so I am not going to. I just wanted the youth to play and get a chance to develop, but for whatever reason, Pop doesn't want that, so screw him. Play the vets all you want, I ain't going to watch it. Keep Patty Mills and your delusional 6th man of the year beliefs, I won't be watching that. At best, Mills is an 8th man on a contender. How in the have the Spurs not figured this out yet. I repeat, AT BEST, he is an 8th man on a contender. Pop freaking thinks he's like a top 3 player or something on this team. He's given him the ultimate green light. Gay, same deal, he's given him an ultra green light. Not sure why these guys are allowed to chuck shots at will. They haven't really shown they're better than half the players on the team to get the type of green light they've been given. Porous on defense and average on offense. What does Pop see in those guys?
    Pop is an egotistical maniac that's what it really comes down to. He believes hardcore that his philosophies work simply because he won championships prior doing it his way but doesn't realize that his way wouldn't have worked without having Duncan. You can play terrible defensive players like Mills,Bonner, and get away with it when you have a Duncan that clean up the mess on the defensive end. You can try stupid lineups to stroke your ego when you have Duncan to erase any mistakes of those bad line ups. He wants to believe he was the reason for those 5 championships instead of acknowledging he was the beneficiary of getting to coach a top 5 all time great in Duncan along with having a good supporting cast in Many/Tony/Robinson.

It's really all about Pop now. I have no problems with losing but if the Spurs are going to lose lets try to get a top 5 pick and not try to win games and then end up with a 10th or 11th pick again. Even when this team tries they won't make the playoffs so it's really futile to try and get a bad lottery pick when they could not try and get a higher lottery pick. I don't think this team would magically start winning games if Pop resigned but I do think they would go into a new direction and focus on developing young players. Pop has no vision other than trying to squeeze out as many meaningless wins to get the record for most wins of all time as a coach.

Thread Information