PG: magic
    SG: michael
    SF: bird
    PF: timmy
    C: shaq

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    not sure if already posted. fantastic lineup though. i really never see current / current-ish players have td in their five, even though that's where he belongs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of years ago he had Hakeem at the C and Zeke at PG

But it’s ok to change your opinion, non issue tbh

or maybe he didn’t want to offend Shaq

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Durant
    Duncan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even Steven A. Smith has Tim Duncan in his all-time starting five...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For today's game, Da Admiral would be a MUCH better pick than Shaq at the 5, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For today's game, Da Admiral would be a MUCH better pick than Shaq at the 5, tbh.
    For today's NBA, Dirk at 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So who else knew Tim Duncan was on that list before looking? Otherwise it wouldn't have been posted on the spurs forum.

You always have to take the best power forward of all time at the power forward position. It's a no-brainer. The other positions other than Michael Jordan are a toss-up.

I would take LeBron over Bird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Durant
    Duncan
    If they stayed healthy that be probably the greatest team ever assembled despite the fact you don't have any real body in the paint other than Tim Duncan.

But Curry is a shoot-first point guard as he should be. You can't have everyone on the team handling the ball at the same time. Someone on the team has to be willing to pass the ball and there's at least two people on the team who probably wouldn't.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    even Steven A. Smith has Tim Duncan in his all-time starting five...
    does he? that surprises me.

i did say current / current-ish players list though.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    So who else knew Tim Duncan was on that list before looking? Otherwise it wouldn't have been posted on the spurs forum.
    probably everyone

the point i was making is that modern players usually don't mention td being top five. at least not the most popular modern players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the defense if you went Timmy at the 4 and Hakeem at the 5? I think Lebron at the point, Kobe at the 2, MJ at the 3, then Timmy and Hakeem at the 4 and 5 would be an absolutely brutal lineup. Who the is gonna score on that group?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PG: magic
    SG: michael
    SF: bird
    PF: timmy
    C: shaq
    Meh. By today's standards, there's not enough shooting. Dejounte Murray is regarded as a non-shooter and he shoots threes more frequently than Bird, Jordan or Magic, tbh. You put that fivesome into today's league with today's rules and teams would just pack the paint on one end and then pick-and-roll Shaq to death, tbkh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. By today's standards, there's not enough shooting. Dejounte Murray is regarded as a non-shooter and he shoots threes more frequently than Bird, Jordan or Magic, tbh. You put that fivesome into today's league with today's rules and teams would just pack the paint on one end and then pick-and-roll Shaq to death, tbkh.
    Disagree. Bird and MJ (especially Bird) could easily up their volume of threes with good percentages. You act like they couldn’t just shoot more threes to keep the spacing decent. Also, there are other advantages that this team would have over every opponent that you fail to mention such as rebounding. With that lineup they would lead the league in second chance points by a wide margin. They could put up as many threes as they want because their offensive rebounding advantage would be absurd.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Disagree. Bird and MJ (especially Bird) could easily up their volume of threes with good percentages. You act like they couldn’t just shoot more threes to keep the spacing decent. Also, there are other advantages that this team would have over every opponent that you fail to mention such as rebounding. With that lineup they would lead the league in second chance points by a wide margin. They could put up as many threes as they want because their offensive rebounding advantage would be absurd.
    pretty much what i was gonna say.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is the premise that we are talking about today's standards or rules?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    everyone keeps mentioning today's NBA but what frontcout in today's NBA is stopping TD and shaq?

that's what, 9 championships and 6 finals mvps between the two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everyone keeps mentioning today's NBA but what frontcout in today's NBA is stopping TD and shaq?

Teams better be elite at shooting the three because they are not getting any buckets in the paint against Timmy and Shaq.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if its orlando shaq?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Teams better be elite at shooting the three because they are not getting any buckets in the paint against Timmy and Shaq.
    lol Shaq wouldn’t keep up defensively in today’s NBA
    Antiquated player
    old heads and their logic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very sad commentary on today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very sad commentary on today's NBA.
    Bruh, stop living in the past tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd rather have kareem at center, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs