Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already provided plenty of verses.

Jeremiah 1:5 ESV
    “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
    alright, lets just go through these one by one. how does this one say life begins at conception? it just says god knows you before you were born. he even knows you BEFORE conception? so does life begin before conception? does life being when god "knows" you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Psalm 51:5 ESV
    Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Isaiah 49:1 ESV
    Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name

Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV
    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Luke 1:41 ESV
    And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey, something good happened in the Texas lege, I think.

haven't read the law yet, but sounds pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Genesis 1:27 ESV
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

conception

Genesis 9:6 ESV
    “Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

conception
    these make no mention of conception besides you writing "conception" under them

Psalm 127:3 ESV
    Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

conception
    this says children are the fruit of the womb. nobody denies this. everybody knows children come from the womb. this doesnt say when their life begins.

Psalm 139:13-16 ESV
    For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them

conception
    this says when one is "knitted together" not when they are alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    on the other hand, genesis 2:7 is clear as day. man only became alive after the "breath of life"

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    alright, lets just go through these one by one. how does this one say life begins at conception? it just says god knows you before you were born. he even knows you BEFORE conception? so does life begin before conception? does life being when god "knows" you?
    What the Lord said to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:5 tells us many truths.

It tells us that God is the creator, the life-giver. When conception occurs, that is the creative work of God, forming a human being and creating one more life.

It says in Genesis 1:31, “And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.” When God makes a life a good thing has happened, no matter what are the human cir stances surrounding the development of that life.

God loves life so much that He made it very easy for a woman of child-bearing age to conceive. That is one of the reasons that men and women should wait until marriage to have sex: so that children will be conceived having both a loving father and a loving mother to help take care of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the Lord said to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:5 tells us many truths.

It tells us that God is the creator, the life-giver. When conception occurs, that is the creative work of God, forming a human being and creating one more life.

It says in Genesis 1:31, “And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.” When God makes a life a good thing has happened, no matter what are the human cir stances surrounding the development of that life.

God loves life so much that He made it very easy for a woman of child-bearing age to conceive. That is one of the reasons that men and women should wait until marriage to have sex: so that children will be conceived having both a loving father and a loving mother to help take care of them.
    thanks for quoting biblegems.com instead of using your own words. but lets look at it anyway.

God made it very easy for a woman to conceive. Great. That doesn't mean life starts at conception. Just means its easy to conceive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll answer the rest of your questions after work, God Bless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Psalm 51:5 ESV
    Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.
    yes. mothers conceive. that doesnt mean life begins at conception.

Isaiah 49:1 ESV
    Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name
    but god also knows you before conception. again, this doesn't talk about when one becomes "life"

Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV
    Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
    ok. your body is a temple of the holy spirit within you. this doesnt say life begins at conception.

Luke 1:41 ESV
    And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit
    being filled with the holy spirit doesnt mean life starts at conception.

the only clear passage about life beginning is genesis 2:7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe tomorrow at my leisure.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biblegems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no he won't

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Surprised Qhris didn't just go ahead and post his favorite verse since it has every bit to do with conception as the others.

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Ezekiel 23:20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

conception

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

conception

“Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

conception

conception

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them

conception
    Chris's interpretation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris's interpretation
    How do you interpret 'until death do us part' and all the other vows you took Blake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

conception

conception

conception

conception

conception
    "Mosaic law for the Jews"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    How do you interpret 'until death do us part' and all the other vows you took Blake?
    Short day at the office?

Not very Christian, btw. How can you expect anyone to take you or Christianity seriously when you behave this way?

Do you think you're serving the Kingdom by peddling insults and dishonesty? Jesus Christ looks down upon you in shame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's not. What verse says trans people are abominations to the lord?

The verse calling sexuals abominations is from Mosaic Law which is for the Jews, according to you in the post directly preceding this one.

You'd think with all of your free time, you'd have a better grasp of scripture.
    Dumbert

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Weird post to quote. Maybe it's more difficult on your phone while you're "at work" at the "business you started" where you do the "hiring."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matthew 19

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

8 Jesus replied "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

You're really stupid, Chris. I mean no lie, your reading comprehension skills are just bad. Just bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typically, it is not hard to get an marriage annulment in any religious group, just give them the excuse (and money) they are seeking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird post to quote. Maybe it's more difficult on your phone while you're "at work" at the "business you started" where you do the "hiring."
    Dumbert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Matthew 19

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

8 Jesus replied "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

You're really stupid, Chris. I mean no lie, your reading comprehension skills are just bad. Just bad.
    I thought you weren't man enough to satisfy her sexual urges (according to your Cuckold Confession thread in the Club), so isn't that your fault?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you weren't man enough to satisfy her sexual urges (according to your Cuckold Confession thread in the Club), so isn't that your fault?
    Christian Chris resorting to making up now. Poor guy, you hate to see it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "after work"

Thread Information