I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overreach at its finest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next thing you know they'll try to prohibit any TX bakery from requiring customers to be heterosexual when making wedding cakes.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy who sued a homeowner for a tree falling on him after a storm. So an insurance company had to pay for an act of God. But dammit, Texas is business friendly for this guy. No hypocrisy here. Can someone roll him down the steps in Austin? Just let go of him please...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next thing you know they'll try to prohibit any TX bakery from requiring customers to be heterosexual when making wedding cakes.
    That's your people Blake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy who sued a homeowner for a tree falling on him after a storm. So an insurance company had to pay for an act of God. But dammit, Texas is business friendly for this guy. No hypocrisy here. Can someone roll him down the steps in Austin? Just let go of him please...
    non sequitur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Editorial: Bad move: Abbott should not endanger children by refusing shelter

Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday issued a state of emergency along the border relative to the “ongoing surge of individuals unlawfully crossing the Texas-Mexico border …” and suspended several state laws. One of them suspends parts of the State Human Resources Code, “and all other relevant laws,” in order to “direct the Texas Health and Human Services Commission … to take all necessary steps to discontinue state licensing of any child-care facility in this state that shelters or detains unlawful immigrants or other individuals not lawfully present in the United States under a contract with the federal government.”

The order, one of several in the disaster declaration, could deprive thousands of children, some of them mere infants, of shelter and services and thus put their health and lives at risk.
    If more immigrants are crossing the border, strengthen the border. If crime is increasing — even though such an increase isn’t apparent — go after the criminals. Persecuting defenseless children, who aren’t the cause of our border problems, not only aims at the wrong targets but unnecessarily adds new dangers to those they already face.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...sures/2651418/

same..

No room at the inn in Texas

There’s no room at the inn. Not for children fleeing persecution, anyway.

That’s according to Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R), who last week ordered his state to yank the licenses of shelters and foster-care programs that provide care to unaccompanied migrant children. Abbott is a self-proclaimed advocate of family values, religious liberty, and law and order. Yet in one fell swoop, he undermined all three.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...oom-inn-texas/

HHS might pursue legal action:

US Threatens Legal Action Against Abbott Order on Shelter Closures

The Biden administration threatened Monday to pursue legal action if Texas Gov. Greg Abbott doesn't rescind his order shutting down federally funded shelters that house migrant children who cross the U.S.-Mexico border without their parents.

In a letter obtained by The Associated Press, the deputy general counsel for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services told the Republican governor that even though the state issues the licenses for the shelter, Congress has tasked his agency with caring for unaccompanied children.

He warned Abbott not to interfere with those operations and said HHS intends to pursue legal action if the state proceeds to close the shelters down.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...sures/2651418/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anyone is Charlie Day it's you bird lawyer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

bag Texans and their fake "cowboy" hats

Texas Governor Abbott vows to build a wall along Mexico border

Republican Governor Greg Abbott says wall will keep communities ‘safe’ amid questions over legality of the move.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...no-details-yet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a period of conflicts and crises, Gov. Greg Abbott goes all in on the border

Abbott’s intense concentration on the border reached an apex Thursday evening,

when he traveled to Del Rio to make several announcements related to border security —

including that Texans would soon build its own border wall.

He offered no details beyond that a plan would come next week,

and

many questions remain about where he’d get the money, land and authority to take such a drastic action.

But the context was clear:

Abbott is maneuvering to establish himself as a national Republican leader on border security —

and the top foil to President Joe Biden on the issue.

he ordered the state to revoke licenses issued to shelters that house unaccompanied migrant kids, drawing a threat of legal action from the Biden administration.

Abbott has sharply blamed Biden every step of the way,

Democrats say Abbott is being hypocritical after not being nearly as outspoken about border problems under Trump.

“Given the great Christian man

that he claims to be, he never cared one iota about the suffering that these children were going through, and that’s just terrible.”

border security and immigration reigned supreme as the top concerns for Texans.

Among Republicans, the number was 65%, and no other issue came close. (Coronavirus got 3%.)

Allen West, the outgoing Texas GOP chairman who is considering challenging Abbott,

https://sanantonioreport.org/in-a-pe...-on-the-border

West thinks racist Confederate TX gonna elect a knitter governor?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    unbiblical, tbh

In Deuteronomy 10:19 the Torah commands: “Ve-ahavtem et hager ki gerim hayitem be-eretz mitzrayim” (“Love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt”).

We find very similar statements elsewhere in the Torah, of course, but with a crucial difference. Consider Exodus 22:20, for example: “Veger lo toneh velo tilhatzenu” (“Do not wrong a stranger, do not oppress him”). The end of this verse—which provides the reason for the law, or perhaps the reason why the people should take care to follow it—is the same as that in Deuteronomy: for you were strangers in the Land of Egypt. But in Exodus, and in most of the other biblical verses that address this issue, the command is: Do not harm, do not oppress. In Deuteronomy 10:19, we are told: Love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was denying citizenship to free blacks in Texas critical race theory or was that cancel culture?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Illegal immigration is definitely a sin:

Romans 13:1–7 God expects us to obey the laws of the government.

Acts 5:29 There is annexception when a law of the government overrides a command of God.

Illegal immigration breaks the government’s law. It is rebellious against God to unlawfully enter another country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was denying citizenship to free blacks in Texas critical race theory or was that cancel culture?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you'd fit right in with the Red Shirts

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris is still pro-slavery.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Illegal immigration is definitely a sin:

Romans 13:1–7 God expects us to obey the laws of the government.

Acts 5:29 There is annexception when a law of the government overrides a command of God.

Illegal immigration breaks the government’s law. It is rebellious against God to unlawfully enter another country.
    Why can't you love your neighbor as yourself?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris is still pro-slavery.
    Wonder if his facebook "friends" know what qchrisy is posting here?

Truly he is ed up as a person.

Thread Information