Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2481
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott fixed the grid Once in a lifetime ice storms are a for sure.
    Show where he guarantees it won't happen again and how.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott was the victim of a difficult situation, but he stepped up and got the job done without blaming other people.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott was the victim of a difficult situation, but he stepped up and got the job done without blaming other people.
    I meant rolled up, sorry Gregg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he blamed the sun and the wind after six years in office

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah Texans care more about fake issues like CRT and bathroom bills over important things like having a functioning power grid.
    Beto is a terrible candidate. I'm sure Democrats can do better.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An avoidable situation. He had plenty of time to fix it, especially after what happened in 2011. It took an extreme event and a couple hundred people dying. I'm sure the families of those people are grateful he finally rolled his ass up to the situation and addressed it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An avoidable situation. He had plenty of time to fix it, especially after what happened in 2011. It took an extreme event and a couple hundred people dying. I'm sure the families of those people are grateful he finally rolled his ass up to the situation and addressed it.
    How did that cripple address with our grid? By signing voter suppression and his ridiculous abortion bill into law?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I meant rolled up, sorry Gregg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did that cripple address with our grid? By signing voter suppression and his ridiculous abortion bill into law?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbutt's MISgoverning. WTF would anybody want to join the military to be abused, misused by politicians?

Death, drugs and a disbanded unit: How the Guard’s Mexico border mission fell apart

Three soldiers had died in three months, the most recent in an alleged DUI just five days earlier, and

more than a dozen troops from the mission had been arrested or confined for drugs, sexual assault and manslaughter.

“Someone please wave the white flag and send us all home,” the letter pleaded.

“I would like to jump off a bridge headfirst into a pile of rocks after seeing the good ol’ boy system and ed up leadership I have witnessed here.”

This is the story of a task force that left soldiers at isolated observation posts for hours on end without the night vision goggles they needed.

They stared into the darkness and fell asleep on the job while awaiting shipments of equipment for months, and

only assisted in less than one in every five apprehensions.

Legal restrictions on the use of Guardsmen left them with little more than watching as a mission.

Army Times interviewed seven Guard troops involved in the mission and obtained hundreds of pages of do ents and audio tapes, including official incident reports and planning do ents.

Among Army Times’ findings:

• When troops weren’t on duty, most were at hotels in remote locations. Alcohol and drug abuse became so widespread that senior leaders issued breathalyzers and ins uted alcohol restrictions that tightened as the misconduct incidents piled up.
    • Leaders initiated more than 1,200 legal actions, including nonjudicial punishments, property loss investigations, Army Regulation 15-6 investigations and more. That’s nearly one legal action for every three soldiers. At least 16 soldiers from the mission were arrested or confined for charges including drugs, sexual assault and manslaughter. During the same time period, only three soldiers in Kuwait, a comparable deployment locale with more soldiers, were arraigned for court-martial.
    • Troops at the border had more than three times as many car accidents over the past year — at least 500 incidents totaling roughly $630,000 in damages — than the 147 “illegal substance seizures” they reported assisting.
    • One cavalry troop from Louisiana was temporarily disbanded due to misconduct and command climate issues — an extremely rare occurrence.
    • A 1,000-soldier battalion-level task force based in McAllen, Texas, had three soldiers die during the border deployment. For comparison, only three Army Guard troops died on overseas deployments in 2021, out of tens of thousands.

“We are literally the biggest threat to ourselves down here,” said one staff officer

Guard units cobbled together under the TF Phoenix banner in October 2020, came from nearly 20 different states.

Some were alerted with little notice, including units diverted from planned Iraq or Afghanistan deployments.

“We could be saving billions of dollars if we actually funded [Customs and Border Protection] instead of using the Guard as a Band-Aid,”

“We’re useless and CBP treats us like we’re useless. We cost the taxpayer millions of dollars in pay, benefits, per diem, hotels, [and] vehicle rentals.”

it’s just politicians playing with people’s emotions.

[The troops] don’t actually end up being effective,

and you’re eroding our military capability for real threats.

“All you’re doing is, basically, taking [Guardsmen] away from their families [and] taking people from actual training,” Gallego added.

“You’re screwing with readiness. You’re screwing with morale.”

In early 2021, the Government Accountability Office decried the current mission’s faulty cost estimates and tracking, which the Pentagon declined to modify.

And in 2018 the head of the National Border Patrol Council
    called the federal mission a “colossal waste of resources.”

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/12/08/death-drugs-and-a-disbanded-unit-how-the-guards-mexico-border-mission-fell-apart/

Robin Williams paraphrase: "Good Moooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrning, Rio Grande"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Texans care more about fake issues like CRT and bathroom bills over important things like having a functioning power grid.
    Did you see that ing joke presser?

They bull ted about how much work they have done, then when ended it as fast as possible when they were asked specific questions.

ing crooks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [abbott is truly, really really serious about fixing the grid, he said so, just look at these tweets saying that]

Sucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbutt's MISgoverning. WTF would anybody want to join the military to be abused, misused by politicians?

Death, drugs and a disbanded unit: How the Guard’s Mexico border mission fell apart

Three soldiers had died in three months, the most recent in an alleged DUI just five days earlier, and

more than a dozen troops from the mission had been arrested or confined for drugs, sexual assault and manslaughter.

“Someone please wave the white flag and send us all home,” the letter pleaded.

“I would like to jump off a bridge headfirst into a pile of rocks after seeing the good ol’ boy system and ed up leadership I have witnessed here.”

This is the story of a task force that left soldiers at isolated observation posts for hours on end without the night vision goggles they needed.

They stared into the darkness and fell asleep on the job while awaiting shipments of equipment for months, and

only assisted in less than one in every five apprehensions.

Legal restrictions on the use of Guardsmen left them with little more than watching as a mission.

Army Times interviewed seven Guard troops involved in the mission and obtained hundreds of pages of do ents and audio tapes, including official incident reports and planning do ents.

Among Army Times’ findings:

• When troops weren’t on duty, most were at hotels in remote locations. Alcohol and drug abuse became so widespread that senior leaders issued breathalyzers and ins uted alcohol restrictions that tightened as the misconduct incidents piled up.
    • Leaders initiated more than 1,200 legal actions, including nonjudicial punishments, property loss investigations, Army Regulation 15-6 investigations and more. That’s nearly one legal action for every three soldiers. At least 16 soldiers from the mission were arrested or confined for charges including drugs, sexual assault and manslaughter. During the same time period, only three soldiers in Kuwait, a comparable deployment locale with more soldiers, were arraigned for court-martial.
    • Troops at the border had more than three times as many car accidents over the past year — at least 500 incidents totaling roughly $630,000 in damages — than the 147 “illegal substance seizures” they reported assisting.
    • One cavalry troop from Louisiana was temporarily disbanded due to misconduct and command climate issues — an extremely rare occurrence.
    • A 1,000-soldier battalion-level task force based in McAllen, Texas, had three soldiers die during the border deployment. For comparison, only three Army Guard troops died on overseas deployments in 2021, out of tens of thousands.

“We are literally the biggest threat to ourselves down here,” said one staff officer

Guard units cobbled together under the TF Phoenix banner in October 2020, came from nearly 20 different states.

Some were alerted with little notice, including units diverted from planned Iraq or Afghanistan deployments.

“We could be saving billions of dollars if we actually funded [Customs and Border Protection] instead of using the Guard as a Band-Aid,”

“We’re useless and CBP treats us like we’re useless. We cost the taxpayer millions of dollars in pay, benefits, per diem, hotels, [and] vehicle rentals.”

it’s just politicians playing with people’s emotions.

[The troops] don’t actually end up being effective,

and you’re eroding our military capability for real threats.

“All you’re doing is, basically, taking [Guardsmen] away from their families [and] taking people from actual training,” Gallego added.

“You’re screwing with readiness. You’re screwing with morale.”

In early 2021, the Government Accountability Office decried the current mission’s faulty cost estimates and tracking, which the Pentagon declined to modify.

And in 2018 the head of the National Border Patrol Council
    called the federal mission a “colossal waste of resources.”

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2021/12/08/death-drugs-and-a-disbanded-unit-how-the-guards-mexico-border-mission-fell-apart/

Robin Williams paraphrase: "Good Moooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrning, Rio Grande"
    But man did they get to tell the rubes how much they were doing against the scary brown people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Had the Winester on his phone though, checkin' 'er out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, shows you how much thought and effort hot-wheels puts into governing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    stanning drug dealers who stand their ground

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is purely political theatre, though.

They will just be funneled to the BP, who have been reduced to Walmart greeters under Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They will just be funneled to the BP, who have been reduced to Walmart greeters under Biden.
    Is that why deportations are up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They are getting arrested because of Abbott. Joe may leave the gate open, but the law is being enforced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have more than just BP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We have more than just BP

Lock them up at taxpayer cost for how long?

Thread Information