My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a waste of Texans money; the ty wall doesn't work

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA domestic oil price follows world oil price. Abbutt is bull ing that more rigs means lower gas price

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring court orders is the opposite of following the law, never mind that the DFPS isn't following the letter of the law, but instead Ken Paxton's recently issued interpretation picking on trans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a waste of Texans money; the ty wall doesn't work
    Tell that to the families related to the dead border patrol officers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignoring court orders is the opposite of following the law, never mind that the DFPS isn't following the letter of the law, but instead Ken Paxton's recently issued interpretation picking on trans.

Investigate them all, child abuse will not be tolerated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell that to the families related to the dead border patrol officers.
    That stupid wall ain't bringing them back

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Investigate them all, child abuse will not be tolerated.
    Of course you tolerate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“We really don’t understand why we are there,” a service member told the Tribune. “We’re essentially mall security for ranches that already have paid security details to protect them.”
    Representatives for the King and Armstrong ranches said they did not request the presence of the National Guard outside their ranches and that the troops were on the public right of way and not on their private property.

The service members are no longer stationed outside of the private ranches, service members said. They were removed in February, shortly after The Texas Tribune began asking questions about the deployment. Col. Rita Holton, a spokesperson for the Texas Military Department, said the agency could not comment on the deployment because of operational security concerns.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/03...rd-king-ranch/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not forgetting that the barbaric cruelty of US prisons is a selling point domestically, but it's not free of reputational risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for government not interfering with the free market and not telling businesses what to do.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbutt scapegoating the head of TX Military Dept for the Abbutt's own disaster on the border.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    National Guard troops were dispatched to famous Texas ranches with private security as part of border mission

Earlier this year, about 30 Texas National Guard members were ordered to stand watch outside some of the wealthiest private ranches in South Texas

the troops were ostensibly meant to deter migrants and smugglers who might cross through private ranches to avoid detection at the U.S. Border Patrol checkpoint near the city of Sarita.

troops rarely saw migrants from their posts nearly 80 miles away from the border and were

unable to give chase because they were not authorized to enter the private ranches if they saw migrants cutting through.

they stood around for hours, staring at each other and the highway, outside the private ranches — some of which had their own private security.

“We really don’t understand why we are there,” a service member told the Tribune.

“We’re essentially mall security for ranches that already have paid security details to protect them.”

their time was wasted standing guard outside ranches with wealthy or politically connected owners when they could have been more useful at other posts closer to the border where they could be more effective to the mission,

King and Armstrong ranches said they did not request the presence of the National Guard outside their ranches

The dispatching of troops to wealthy private ranches raises more questions about the use of National Guard troops, who have widely decried the mission as aimless, political and oversized, as

the cost of the effort has already ballooned to $2 billion a year.

State leaders transferred nearly half a billion dollars to the Texas Military Department last month from three other state agencies to cover the mounting costs of keeping thousands of Texas National Guard troops on the southern border.

A leaked survey of members of one of the six Operation Lone Star units found widespread skepticism and frustration with the mission.

On Monday, Abbott replaced the Texas Military Department’s top leader after months of criticism.

“These ranchers have enough money to do private security or have private security guard these gates,” said the second service member who spoke to the Tribune. “The optics are just kind of crazy.”

Jay Kleberg, ... said in a written statement that

Operation Lone Star is a “colossal waste of taxpayer dollars” and a “serious threat to the health and safety of our Texas National Guard.”

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...h-17006418.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden officials fear "mass migration event" if COVID policies end

U.S. intelligence officials are privately bracing for a massive influx of more than 170,000 migrants at the Mexico border

if COVID-era policies
    that allow instant expulsions during the public health emergency are ended,

Why it matters:

Border officials have used le 42 more than 1 million times to rapidly expel migrants at the southern border without hearing asylum claims.

But the Trump-era order wasn't set up to be permanent, and senior Biden officials are preparing for its end as the virus is brought under control.

• Department of Homeland Security intelligence estimates that perhaps 25,000 migrants already are waiting in Mexican shelters just south of the border for le 42 to end.

https://www.axios.com/biden-border-m...5824a9566.html

Will Abbutt criminalize Euro-white Ukraine asylum seekers as he does with non-white asylum seekers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for government not interfering with the free market and not telling businesses what to do.

This one went well...

Texas law barring state contractors from boycotting Israel violates firm’s free speech, federal judge rules
    Texas is one of more than two dozen states with laws that seek to limit boycotts, divestments and sanctions of Israel over its treatment of Palestine.

Texas can’t forbid an engineering firm from boycotting Israel as part of its contract with Houston City Hall, a federal judge has ruled.

U.S. District Judge Andrew S. Hanen on Friday stopped short of fully blocking a state law that prohibits government agencies from doing business with certain companies that boycott Israel. But his ruling said the free speech rights of A & R Engineering and Testing Inc. would be violated if its contract with the city included a clause saying the company will refrain from such a boycott. Hanen also said that Texas could not enforce its law against the company or the city.

A & R Engineering and Testing Inc. is being represented by the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization. In a news conference Monday, the organization lauded Hanen’s decision but still pushed for the state’s anti-boycott law to be overturned.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/01...srael-lawsuit/

rofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Child abuse by the state agency that's supposed to investigate child abuse.

Greg Abbott's Texas.

Two Department of Family and Protective Services staffers have been fired over their handling of sex abuse allegations at a Texas-contracted foster care facility, the department head said Thursday.

The mid-level supervisors were released after failing to elevate allegations that an employee at The Refuge, a Bastrop center for survivors of sex trafficking, sold nude photos of two girls and used the money to provide them with drugs.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...ility-17010673

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The next month, state workers twice classified The Refuge as “high risk” for the children staying there, but two managers failed to relay the incident, Masters said. One said the incident “slipped her mind,” and another said she was “disengaged.” The second manager had created an “unbelievable” culture in which employees believed they would be punished with additional work for bothering her with the reports, she said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are a black woman and want to own a business, then Texas is the number one state for you.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you are a black woman and want to own a business, then Texas is the number one state for you.
    Dude, you're not going to get a job in Austin for basketball forum posts. This is the wrong place to build a portfolio. Do you need a number for a headhunter? Have you tried job fairs?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you're not going to get a job in Austin for basketball forum posts. This is the wrong place to build a portfolio. Do you need a number for a headhunter? Have you tried job fairs?
    Alter boy for hot Catholic Priest should work for Chrissy.
    Its his type of Christianity. Penetrating and denigrating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alter boy for hot Catholic Priest should work for Chrissy.
    Its his type of Christianity. Penetrating and denigrating.
    You're so tolerant bro. Way to unite us all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're so tolerant bro. Way to unite us all!
    C'mon, you wish death on people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Link

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    C'mon, you wish death on people.
    ha, ha, you let Kori get into your kitchen, Blake. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas’ Governor Brags About His Border Initiative. The Data Doesn’t Back Him Up.
    Arrests of U.S. citizens hundreds of miles from the border. Claiming drug busts from across the state. Changing statistics. We dug into the data Texas leaders use to boast about Operation Lone Star, and it raises more questions than answers.

Operation Lone Star has helped increase the state’s budget for border security to more than $3 billion through 2023 by deploying thousands of DPS troopers and National Guard members and allocating funding to build border barriers. As part of the operation, troopers are also arresting some immigrant men crossing into the U.S. on state criminal trespassing charges.

Abbott and DPS have repeatedly boasted in news conferences, on social media and during interviews on Fox News that the border operation has disrupted drug and human smuggling networks. A year into the operation, officials touted more than 11,000 criminal arrests, drug seizures that amount to millions of “lethal doses” and the referrals of tens of thousands of unauthorized immigrants to the federal government for deportation as signs that the program is effective.

But the state’s claim of success has been based on shifting metrics that included crimes with no connection to the border, work conducted by troopers stationed in targeted counties prior to the operation, and arrest and drug seizure efforts that do not clearly distinguish DPS’s role from that of other agencies, an investigation by ProPublica, The Texas Tribune and The Marshall Project found.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...nt-back-him-up

Thread Information