Page 57 of 100 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2481
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That particular tweet has nothing to do with DC or Biden. It's the TX governor vs the TX cons ution.
    Show me the law on the books where the vax is mandatory or even mentioned.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show us the "LAW" then bro and not some bull mandate by a corpse in DC.
    I think this is Texas law?
    When did DC invade us?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no law.
    Private companies are doing this.
    You dont like it, leave the company.

A good number private schools in Texas are mandating a vaccine to keep employees and kids safe.
    You dont like it, dont choose that private school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're pivoting again... the executive order from Gov Hotwheels is indeed the new 'law' in Texas, until it's superseded by a federal law or rescinded.

You don't need a law for an employer to compel employees to be vaccinated or lose their job.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meanwhile in the great state of Texas, where it leads Cali in deaths' per million by 32%...winning for sure.
    We didn't do that (per million) happy horse when you all were countin' coup on President Trump.

We ain't doin' it now, Meds.

President Trump: 400k of dead AmericansPERIOD
    Mother er Biden: 300k of dead Americans.
    & counting, son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn't do that (per million) happy horse when you all were countin' coup on President Trump.
    Sure you did. Well, not you because you pulled the chicke thing and left.

But your surrogates here sure did. Cuomo and what not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no law.
    Private companies are doing this.
    You dont like it, leave the company.

A good number private schools in Texas are mandating a vaccine to keep employees and kids safe.
    You dont like it, dont choose that private school.
    Private companies are doing it because the Biden admin is doing it. They want to be in compliance to avoid fines. Who said anything about private schools?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott looks pretty weak if he doesn't punish Texas businesses that are openly defying him like Dell and Southwest Airlines. What is he waiting for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Southwest Airlines CEO Says No Employees Will Be Fired Over Vaccine Mandate.

Abbott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Private companies are doing it because the Biden admin is doing it. They want to be in compliance to avoid fines. Who said anything about private schools?
    The actual federal mandate (for non federal employees/contractors) hasn't come out yet, and plenty of Fortune 500 companies are already requiring vaccinations to show up to work (I know mine is).

It's not really about compliance at this stage, it's about liability. One would even argue that a federal mandate is sort of a good excuse for companies.

As long as there's not a liability shield, any person can claim they got infected at work, and if they die, family can sue. There's also additional costs associated with unvaxxed, like higher insurance healthcare costs.

It really is a no-brainer for companies to mandate vaccination, with very specific exceptions for true religious or health grounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Abbott
    Southwest said last week that its 56,000 employees needed to be vaccinated against Covid by Dec. 8 in order to keep working at the airline under the federal mandate.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/covi...a-mandate.html

lol Abbott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Abbott
    nothing to do with Abbott.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Abbott’s Ban On Vaccine Mandates Is Likely Doomed In Court

Legal and political experts say Abbott's move is all but certain to fail and suggest it was more likely designed to serve his political ambitions than the needs of Texas business owners.

"It's a piece of political grandstanding by a governor desperate to avoid being primaried in the Republican race for the governorship,"

The Biden administration will rely on the Labor Department's Occupational Safety and Health Administration to implement the mandate, tasking the agency with

enforcing an "emergency temporary standard" that grants officials the power to protect employees who face a "grave danger."

Though Abbott may try to "supersede" Biden's mandates with his executive order, the so-called

"supremacy clause" of the U.S. Cons ution privileges federal policy over state action when the two are in direct contradiction.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/why-abb...oomed-in-court

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why Abbott’s Ban On Vaccine Mandates Is Likely Doomed In Court

Legal and political experts say Abbott's move is all but certain to fail and suggest it was more likely designed to serve his political ambitions than the needs of Texas business owners.

"It's a piece of political grandstanding by a governor desperate to avoid being primaried in the Republican race for the governorship,"

The Biden administration will rely on the Labor Department's Occupational Safety and Health Administration to implement the mandate, tasking the agency with

enforcing an "emergency temporary standard" that grants officials the power to protect employees who face a "grave danger."

Though Abbott may try to "supersede" Biden's mandates with his executive order, the so-called

"supremacy clause" of the U.S. Cons ution privileges federal policy over state action when the two are in direct contradiction.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/why-abb...oomed-in-court
    - "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao At you ing nerd ass authoritarian losers who wish to be the bullies that beat yalls asses in middle school and high school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao At you ing nerd ass authoritarian losers who wish to be the bullies that beat yalls asses in middle school and high school.
    You bragged about getting your ass beat when you were in middle school and when you were an adult.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fascist corruption, theft of funds by the authoritarian thief to throw bread crumbs to the circus

'Re-election stimulus':

Texas GOP tax relief proposals use billions in Biden COVID aid

Republican leaders in Texas are proposing to use billions of dollars in federal COVID aid for voter-pleasing tax relief

using about a fifth of the $16 billion in federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) dollars to help lower the property tax burden in Texas.

That would give the GOP a major campaign talking point for the upcoming midterm elections,

but it would be a drop in the bucket for most Texas property owners — and

zilch for the 38 percent of Texas households that rent

https://www.expressnews.com/politics...s-16534476.php

nothing for renters, but something for wealthy landlords

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show us the "LAW" then bro and not some bull mandate by a corpse in DC.
    I mean, you literally quoted a tweet that has both the law and the Texas cons ution in it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lincoln Project To Come For Greg Abbutt With New Ethics Complaint

Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) got a Lincoln Project ad pulled from national television, and

now the group will file an ethics complaint against the governor.

In September, The Lincoln Project produced an ad critical of Governor Greg Abbott‘s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The PAC purchased airtime through ESPN on the Longhorn Network during a UT-Austin football game.

Moments before kickoff, the University informed The Lincoln Project that they would not run the commercialclaiming an undisclosed policy against running political advertisements.

In October, the very next month, the University granted access to Darryl K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium to extremist media outlet Breitbart for an exclusive interview with the Texas governor —

an interview during which

the Governor spread misinformation about vaccines and

attacked public health officials for prescribing mandates.

Greg Abbott Abused The Power Of His Office

It appears that Greg Abbott abused his power as governor to keep an ad that was critical of him off the air across the United States.

Abbott was able to get the ad buy killed by exerting the influence of his office over the University of Texas.

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/10/23/the-lincoln-project-to-come-for-greg-abbott-with-new-ethics-complaint.html

Political advertizing is "protected speech". The TX govt suppressed The Lincoln Project speech.

Uncons utional and fascist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    contemplating an SB8 maneuver on gay marriage?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Maybe just fishing for a legal opinion to serve as a fig leaf for denying services and accomodations)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jame White, Woodville TX, east TX is a Deep Racist South as all state from LA to FL
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-23-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas slashes Guard pay during border stunt

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott finally answered critics asking who would pay for his latest propaganda stunt, the pointless dispatch of Texas National Guard troops to the state's southern border.

It's the National Guard troops themselves who are footing the bill for some of it,

with the state slashing the tuition assistance they were promised for signing on in the first place.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2060601
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-27-2021 at 11:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shortly afterwards, they joined it.

Joke's on us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas slashes Guard pay during border stunt

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott finally answered critics asking who would pay for his latest propaganda stunt, the pointless dispatch of Texas National Guard troops to the state's southern border.

It's the National Guard troops themselves who are footing the bill for some of it,

with the state slashing the tuition assistance they were promised for signing on in the first place.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2060601

Thread Information