Page 17 of 99 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Illegal immigration is definitely a sin:

Romans 13:1–7 God expects us to obey the laws of the government.

Acts 5:29 There is annexception when a law of the government overrides a command of God.

Illegal immigration breaks the government’s law. It is rebellious against God to unlawfully enter another country.
    you are so full of

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris is still pro-slavery.
    well yeah, it's endorsed by the bible. even has a guide on what you can and cant do with your slaves. and separate rules for israelites and foreigners

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well yeah, it's endorsed by the bible. even has a guide on what you can and cant do with your slaves. and separate rules for israelites and foreigners
    Old Testament/old covenant

Try reading the Bible, you don't know what you're talking about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he tweet about the electric grid today, Qhris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a) i've read most of it, thanks

b) even if i grant that it was old testament/old covenant, that doesnt excuse that at a given point in time, slavery was considered moral. that. and how is it that something can be good in one period of time, but bad in another? its either immoral or it isnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a) i've read most of it, thanks

b) even if i grant that it was old testament/old covenant, that doesnt excuse that at a given point in time, slavery was considered moral. that. and how is it that something can be good in one period of time, but bad in another? its either immoral or it isnt
    The Bible does not specifically condemn the practice of slavery. It gives instructions on how slaves should be treated (Deuteronomy 15:12-15; Ephesians 6:9; Colossians 4:1), but does not outlaw slavery altogether. Many see this as the Bible condoning all forms of slavery. What many fail to understand is that slavery in biblical times was very different from the slavery that was practiced in the past few centuries in many parts of the world. The slavery in the Bible was not based exclusively on race. People were not enslaved because of their nationality or the color of their skin. In Bible times, slavery was based more on economics; it was a matter of social status. People sold themselves as slaves when they could not pay their debts or provide for their families. In New Testament times, sometimes doctors, lawyers, and even politicians were slaves of someone else. Some people actually chose to be slaves so as to have all their needs provided for by their masters.

The slavery of the past few centuries was often based exclusively on skin color. In the United States, many black people were considered slaves because of their nationality; many slave owners truly believed black people to be inferior human beings. The Bible condemns race-based slavery in that it teaches that all men are created by God and made in His image (Genesis 1:27). At the same time, the Old Testament did allow for economic-based slavery and regulated it. The key issue is that the slavery the Bible allowed for in no way resembled the racial slavery that plagued our world in the past few centuries.

In addition, both the Old and New Testaments condemn the practice of “man-stealing,” which is what happened in Africa in the 16th to 19th centuries. Africans were rounded up by slave-hunters, who sold them to slave-traders, who brought them to the New World to work on plantations and farms. This practice is abhorrent to God. In fact, the penalty for such a crime in the Mosaic Law was death: “Anyone who kidnaps another and either sells him or still has him when he is caught must be put to death” (Exodus 21:16). Similarly, in the New Testament, slave-traders are listed among those who are “ungodly and sinful” and are in the same category as those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, adulterers and perverts, and liars and perjurers (1 Timothy 1:8– 10).

Another crucial point is that the purpose of the Bible is to point the way to salvation, not to reform society. The Bible often approaches issues from the inside out. If a person experiences the love, mercy, and grace of God by receiving His salvation, God will reform his soul, changing the way he thinks and acts. A person who has experienced God’s gift of salvation and freedom from the slavery of sin, as God reforms his soul, will realize that enslaving another human being is wrong. He will see, with Paul, that a slave can be “a brother in the Lord” (Philemon 1:16). A person who has truly experienced God’s grace will in turn be gracious towards others. That would be the Bible’s prescription for ending slavery.
    https://www.gotquestions.org/Bible-slavery.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont need copypasta. i can read the bible. read exodus 21.

the "nice" slavery which was basically indentured servitude was limited to israelites. there were completely separate rules about how they can enslave foreigners. and none of this addresses how slavery could be moral in one period of time, but immoral in another period of time. something is either moral or it isn't. but apparently some things were immoral during the times of the old testament that arent immoral anymore, ie any time you write something off as being old testament/covenant. it still makes no sense that an objective set of moral rules coming directly from god would change with the times

last time we had a discussion about abortion in the bible you resorted to copy pasta from christian apologist websites. its really weird that you cant just look at verses and give me your own take on the words therein

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the "nice" slavery which was basically indentured servitude was limited to israelites. there were completely separate rules about how they can enslave foreigners. and none of this addresses how slavery could be moral in one period of time, but immoral in another period of time. something is either moral or it isn't. but apparently some things were immoral during the times of the old testament that arent immoral anymore, ie any time you write something off as being old testament/covenant. it still makes no sense that an objective set of moral rules coming directly from god would change with the times

last time we had a discussion about abortion in the bible you resorted to copy pasta from christian apologist websites. its really weird that you cant just look at verses and give me your own take on the words therein
    is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks to all the job creators in Texas.
    Can Abbot create some jobs to keep the power on in a freeze?

You know since Texass Repugs are the leaders in energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Christian Chris with the "Old Testament laws only count when I need them to" bads

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christian Chris with the "Old Testament laws only count when I need them to" bads
    You more of a New Testament kind of a guy, parishioner Blake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    writing about US current events the way the US press does about Africa, Asia and South America never gets old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You're not interested in learning anything, all you can do is talk .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see above post^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qhris folds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That ignore thingy didn't last long

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When he was virtue signaling for the admins, he was claiming he ignores 49/50 of my posts.

Replied 49/50 maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're only interested in cherry picking and retweeting. Things everyone here knows.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When he was virtue signaling for the admins, he was claiming he ignores 49/50 of my posts.

Replied 49/50 maybe.
    the rent free thingy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the rent free thingy
    Not how that works

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t even be honest with our own beliefs. That’s a you problem end of the day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t even be honest with our own beliefs. That’s a you problem end of the day
    You don't want to read it because it counters your wild assertions. That's a you problem.

Thread Information