Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2473
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why Abbott even agreed to the debate. He nothing to gain or lose in the debate because his victory is in the bag. If he destroyed Beto, nobody would care. If Beto destroyed him, nobody would care. I can think of a million better things to do with my time than an utterly pointless debate in an empty auditorium.
    true, tbh, he could be training for the special olympics...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You would get rolled in a debate
    FAKE NEWS!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We’re almost at the point where debates will be literally this

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why Abbott even agreed to the debate. He nothing to gain or lose in the debate because his victory is in the bag. If he destroyed Beto, nobody would care. If Beto destroyed him, nobody would care. I can think of a million better things to do with my time than an utterly pointless debate in an empty auditorium.
    There's no downside since he did it in an empty auditorium on a football Friday night broadcast on The CW. On the other hand, if he refuses to debate at all, that becomes the big news story. Probably wouldn't matter either way but at least this way he can say he showed up, and there will always be buckets like Derp_Finale who think he had a good showing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proven wrong and then abandons his discourse with you you hate to see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also rofl at anyone thumping their chest over which "side" made memes first how cringe can you be

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also rofl at anyone thumping their chest over which "side" made memes first how cringe can you be
    Well it is Chris tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas Tribune/Military Times story on Greg Abbott using the Texas National Guard as an electoral prop and wrecking the lives of guardsmen who can't do about illegal immigration.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/02...e-star-abbott/
    involuntary long term activation, make work duty and slashing national guard benefits is taking a human toll. at least five suicides have been reported so far.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-...order-mission/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would get rolled in a debate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It started on 4chan you dumb got
    By 2015, it had become one of the most popular memes used on 4chan and Tumblr.[3] Different types of Pepe include "Sad Frog", "Smug Frog", "Angry Pepe", "Feels Frog", and "You will never..." Frog. Since 2014, 'rare Pepes' have been posted on the 'meme market' as if they were trading cards.[4][5][6]

Originally an apolitical character, Pepe was appropriated from 2015 to 2016 onward as a symbol of the alt-right movement.[7][8][9] The Anti-Defamation League included Pepe in its hate symbol database in 2016, but said most instances of Pepe were not used in a hate-related context.[10][11] Since then, Furie has expressed his dismay at Pepe being used as a hate symbol and has sued organizations for doing so.[12]
    dumb got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a mess

In the first challenge to reach the appellate court level — the subject of Wednesday’s hearing — Schulman argued that Operation Lone Star cases will never go to trial for migrants who remain out of the country, making the defense attorneys' concerns legally irrelevant. He pointed to state law that requires a defendant’s presence in court for trial to begin, effectively conceding that the cases of deported migrants would remain in limbo for the time being.

The point drew scrutiny from multiple justices, who wondered why Kinney County wouldn’t go ahead and dismiss cases that, by Schulman’s admission, cannot be prosecuted.

“If you can’t prosecute them, why are you filing charges?” Justice Patricia Alvarez asked.

“That’s a very good question. I cannot answer that,” Schulman responded. “Would I agree that there’s very little logic in this? Yes. But these dockets exist.”
    Kinney County’s minimal court system, designed for the county’s population of about 3,100, was quickly overwhelmed by a deluge of cases in the early months of Operation Lone Star. Undeterred, the county’s staunchly conservative leadership has embraced the governor’s border crackdown more than any other county, accounting for the vast majority of arrests and cases.

Schulman, who has formally served as an acting assistant county attorney for Kinney County, suggested that county prosecutors are pursuing charges against deported defendants because doing so bolsters the amount of state funding the county receives.

“The county will not be paid for the prosecution if it’s not on the Operation Lone Star docket,” Schulman said. “ ... The reason they are on a docket that’s styled as Operation Lone Star is because that’s how we have the money to prosecute all these cases.”

Alvarez, the appeals court justice, followed up: “So, it’s not the arrest. It’s the funding that Kinney County’s interested in when prosecuting these cases.”
    “I would have to admit that, yes,” Schulman said.
    Underscoring his point, Schulman criticized Abbott’s border initiative when asked by a justice if he agreed that “this whole process with Mr. Dominguez has a taste of inherently unfair issues.”

“Not representing Governor Abbott or the state of Texas in any way, I would agree,” Schulman responded. “Do I like this overall thing? No, I think it’s a waste of time and money. But that’s not the issue here.”

The case turns on the question of whether the Texas and U.S. cons utions prevent Kinney County — acting on behalf of the state — from prosecuting defendants who are removed from the country before their cases are resolved.
    https://www.houstonchronicle.com/pol...r-17489347.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw a sign in a yard the other day that got me laughing my ass off.. "MAGA, Mothers Against Greg Abbott"

That is so damn clever!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott admits he lied during debate,

acknowledges mayor's office did contact him about busing

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...m-about-busing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas GOP, despite ten's of $B's in surplus and 100% control of state gov't for 25 years, can't solve problems or deliver the goodies to Texans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pathetic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    refugees sent to Martha's may be considered crime victims and be granted special visas.

Thanks, InSantis

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is one of them Tulsi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is one of them Tulsi?
    Tulsi wreaking havok within the Democrat Party, I LOVE IT

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tulsi wreaking havok within the Democrat Party, I LOVE IT
    No you dolt, you can't tell her from another minority

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Greg Abbott chose this':

Viral ad shows doctor taking child through childbirth process

https://www.expressnews.com/news/tex...d-17510058.php

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    TBH, most of us were voting blue at that age, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Messages prove that Abbutt lied that he was not involved with dissantis kidnapping immigrants to Martha's vineyard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You worship someone that wants to bleach his insides to kill germs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TBH, most of us were voting blue at that age, though.
    Probably true. Luckily for me I figured out their shenanigans sometime during my senior year in high school. I wasn't aware of the extent of their debauchery and lasciviousness until my mid 20's.

Thread Information