My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parler Referred Violent Content to the FBI 50 Times, Angering Users

Parler confirmed Saturday that it had referred dozens of violent posts to America's Federal Bureau of Investigation, reports Newsweek. But even after a blog post explaining its reasons, "some of the platform's users were less than impressed." Parler, which faced significant backlash in the wake of the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by former President Donald Trump's supporters, referred violent content to the FBI at least 50 times prior to the pro-Trump riot, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday. The social media site shared a link to the article, drawing backlash from some members of the online platform. Parler has built its platform by positioning itself as being opposed to censorship and staunchly in favor of free speech.

"In reaction to yesterday's news stories, some users have raised questions about the practice of referring violent or inciting content to law enforcement. The First Amendment does not protect violence inciting speech, nor the planning of violent acts. Such content violates Parler's TOS. Any violent content shared with law enforcement was posted publicly and brought to our attention primarily via user reporting. And, as it is posted publicly, it can properly be referred to law enforcement by anyone. Parler remains steadfast in protecting your right to free speech," Parler posted on Saturday in response to criticism.

But some users of the site were still unhappy with Parler's decision.

"I don't like snitches," user MelodySuarez wrote in response to the explanation.
    Users "vented their fury at the site's apparent willingness to report its users despite its pitch of protecting free speech," Newsweek reported in an earlier article.

"Parler is a fraud," one user had complained.

---

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sorry about your free speech, you signed the terms and conditions"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Sorry about your free speech, you signed the terms and conditions"
    muh freedumbs crowd doesnt understand that rights are not unlimited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his rants here, wonder if FBI will pay derptacular a visit not knowing that he is an all talk/no action, low iq derp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on his rants here, wonder if FBI will pay derptacular a visit not knowing that he is an all talk/no action, low iq derp?
    Dumb

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This propaganda piece.
    Blue anons fear mongering.

Thread Information