Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still active
    89 Doc Rivers
    66 Rick Carlisle
    54 Erik Spoelstra
    Docs got a really good chance to surpass gramps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Nate and Flip having that many first round exits isn’t shocking since they coached mostly threadmill teams that were first round teams. Phil Jackson in comparison to Pop only has two first round exits.
    Phil Jackson also had the greatest player of all time. And two top 10 players of all time on the same team. Though I do believe that I would rather have Phil coach than Pop just bc the goal is winning and he won the most. Plus he made it to the Finals like 14 times? 13? Something ridiculous like that.

I compare Pop more to Pat Riley and Riles had 5 first round exits so Pop is right there with him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say Nate and Flip having that many first round exits isn’t shocking since they coached mostly threadmill teams that were first round teams. Phil Jackson in comparison to Pop only has two first round exits.
    Both teams Phil took over, the Bulls and the Lakers, had made it to a conference finals before he took the reins. You’ll notice that he wanted no part of coaching the Knicks, taking the FO job instead. He only wanted near perfect situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes if you appear in the playoffs for decade upon decade you have a chance of having some losses in with the wins. The Spurs won 5 championships in a 15 year period. That is insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I know right! Tim Duncan is a total badass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I know right! Tim Duncan is a total badass
    Losses are on the coach and wins are because of the player...correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No loses suck. Loses in the playoffs suck worse and Tim Duncan is the reason they were there in the first place not poop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No loses suck. Loses in the playoffs suck worse and Tim Duncan is the reason they were there in the first place not poop.
    Reading comprehension: F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading comprehension: F

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won 5 chips in 15 due to Tim. Sniff away coach crotch sniffers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won 5 chips in 15 due to Tim. Sniff away coach crotch sniffers
    You still haven’t answered the question he asked. That’s why we’re mocking your reading comp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I responded to Spurs10 above my initial post. And then reiterated. If you mean 'Copters question then you get a lot of loses if you get there a lot which is what Tim enabled.
    Its fundamental like Tim.
    Pop has lots of wins and lots of loses cause of Tim.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil Jackson also had the greatest player of all time. And two top 10 players of all time on the same team. Though I do believe that I would rather have Phil coach than Pop just bc the goal is winning and he won the most. Plus he made it to the Finals like 14 times? 13? Something ridiculous like that.

I compare Pop more to Pat Riley and Riles had 5 first round exits so Pop is right there with him
    In the NBA coaching is very overrated. I have always looked at it this way that if Phil,Pop,Riley didn't get to coach the guys they coached they would be nobodies. You can knock Phil for having Michael,Shaq, Kobe but Pop would not have been successful without Duncan either who is a top 5 in my eyes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both teams Phil took over, the Bulls and the Lakers, had made it to a conference finals before he took the reins. You’ll notice that he wanted no part of coaching the Knicks, taking the FO job instead. He only wanted near perfect situations.
    And look at Pop without a top 5 all time great what has he done the last few years? Nothing other than meaningless first round exits and most likely back to back lottery appearances.

Thread Information