Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    in the first round

for the raiders, i want:

If they go edge, Azeez Ojulari. scared they'll take Greg Rousseau

If they go OL, I want Darrisaw or Teven Jenkins. scared they'll take Vera-Tucker, Sam Cosmi, or Jackson Carman

If they want a safety, I'd want them to trade back and take Trevon Moehrig. I'm scared they'll stay at 17 and take Richie Grant
    crofl.

both Darrisaw and Jenkins were on the board. and they took f'n Leatherwood. didnt even make my list

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It's fitting that Chicago traded up for draft bust Justin Fields.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    in the first round

for the raiders, i want:

If they go edge, Azeez Ojulari. scared they'll take Greg Rousseau

If they go OL, I want Darrisaw or Teven Jenkins. scared they'll take Vera-Tucker, Sam Cosmi, or Jackson Carman

If they want a safety, I'd want them to trade back and take Trevon Moehrig. I'm scared they'll stay at 17 and take Richie Grant
    Vikings apparently wanted Darrisaw or Vera-Tucker if one fell to them at 23. My understanding is they rated them roughly the same.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Vikings apparently wanted Darrisaw or Vera-Tucker if one fell to them at 23. My understanding is they rated them roughly the same.
    Vera Tucker was more commonly projected at guard (though he did play LT in his last year at USC and held up well), while Darrisaw is pretty squarely a tackle. i had concerns projecting Vera-Tucker to tackle for that reason, which is why i wanted the tackle-needy raiders to avoid him. Unfortunately, they avoided Darrisaw too. I had Darrisaw as the #3 OL in the draft behind Sewell and Slater.

i had leatherwood well outside the top 5, behind Jenkins, Vera Tucker, and Sam Cosmi

one of the knocks on Darrisaw is that he doesn't have great feet, so potentially speed guys at the NFL level can give him fits, but he does have very long arms and a powerful punch that can neutralize rushers at a distance. he also showed to be a good enough athlete to run block zone concepts, reach a guy 1 gap over and turn him, etc. so i he certainly has the athleticism to play tackle, just has kinda plodding feet in pass pro, whereas guys like Leatherwood, Cosmi, and Vera Tucker are probably more athletic than Darrisaw.

my issue with Leatherwood is that he doesn't seem to have heavy hands in pass pro. he's strong as an ox when it comes to absorbing bull rushes, but defensive ends who use their hands well will probably give him fits early on unless he is coached up very well. there's no reason he shouldnt have a powerful punch, but he almost looks like he's trying to catch guys rather than smack em

jenkins is the complete mauler of the bunch... i just question that he's going to hold up at LT for the Bears, but he was an easy guy to like when watching some of his cut-ups. just putting people in the dirt all day

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Vera Tucker was more commonly projected at guard (though he did play LT in his last year at USC and held up well), while Darrisaw is pretty squarely a tackle. i had concerns projecting Vera-Tucker to tackle for that reason, which is why i wanted the tackle-needy raiders to avoid him. Unfortunately, they avoided Darrisaw too. I had Darrisaw as the #3 OL in the draft behind Sewell and Slater.

i had leatherwood well outside the top 5, behind Jenkins, Vera Tucker, and Sam Cosmi

one of the knocks on Darrisaw is that he doesn't have great feet, so potentially speed guys at the NFL level can give him fits, but he does have very long arms and a powerful punch that can neutralize rushers at a distance. he also showed to be a good enough athlete to run block zone concepts, reach a guy 1 gap over and turn him, etc. so i he certainly has the athleticism to play tackle, just has kinda plodding feet in pass pro, whereas guys like Leatherwood, Cosmi, and Vera Tucker are probably more athletic than Darrisaw.

my issue with Leatherwood is that he doesn't seem to have heavy hands in pass pro. he's strong as an ox when it comes to absorbing bull rushes, but defensive ends who use their hands well will probably give him fits early on unless he is coached up very well. there's no reason he shouldnt have a powerful punch, but he almost looks like he's trying to catch guys rather than smack em

jenkins is the complete mauler of the bunch... i just question that he's going to hold up at LT for the Bears, but he was an easy guy to like when watching some of his cut-ups. just putting people in the dirt all day
    This will help you to forget the Raiders' ups.

Thread Information