My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    • From what i see, none of the Spurs with these is going to make it. Also, why do none of the Pets have such a contract? Can you imagine Softridge or Patty having had to earn their megabucks this season?
    • Rudy Gay: He can make an additional $1,500,000 if the Spurs win 52 games and he plays a minimum of 60 games, if he shoots 37.5 percent from three (minimum 100 makes) and if he posts a defensive rating below 103 and a defensive rebounding rate above 20 percent, according to Bobby Marks.
    • Dejounte Murray's contract extension calls for him to make an extra $500,000 every season with a true shooting percentage above 58 percent, according to John Hollinger. He can also get an extra $500,000 for making 125-plus threes and being selected to an All-Defensive Team.
    • Derrick White: He gets $500,000 for playing 70 games, $500,000 for making 185 three-pointers and $250,000 for making an All-Defensive Team, according to John Hollinger.
    Last edited by MultiTroll; 04-10-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now is see why Murray and White (bad three point shooters) are chucking threes all the time.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    surprisingly op with the interesting thread

are these prorated for the shortened season?

rudy seems to be doing the most to get those metrics (3s, durability), mayhaps getting screwed by overall tiness of team (def rat, wins)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread OP. I think the incentives thing is a newer concept to the Spurs (maybe the NBA?) and honestly, nothing is telling us the contracts for LMA and Mills WEREN'T incentivized...maybe the reporters had a better inside scoop on some contracts and other contracts didn't. I would say my imaginary incentives for what Mills had on his contract is to create Coffee Gang and for LMA to gain 50 lb and quit on his last season ( of a bonus he got for that incentive).
    Last edited by Dejounte; 04-10-2021 at 02:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now is see why Murray and White (bad three point shooters) are chucking threes all the time.
    White still on his rookie deal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White still on his rookie deal
    right but it seems like he is “prepping” for his deal. This team is going to be terrible if White is the one they want to be the 3 point shooter/threat. Murray literally shouldn’t be shooting more than 3 a game unless he has made 2 of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right but it seems like he is “prepping” for his deal. This team is going to be terrible if White is the one they want to be the 3 point shooter/threat. Murray literally shouldn’t be shooting more than 3 a game unless he has made 2 of them.
    reversion to the mean would argue otherwise regarding Murray. Both Murray and White should be shooting open 3s.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Great thread OP. I think the incentives thing is a newer concept to the Spurs (maybe the NBA?) and honestly, nothing is telling us the contracts for LMA and Mills WEREN'T incentivized...maybe the reporters had a better inside scoop on some contracts and other contracts didn't. I would say my imaginary incentives for what Mills had on his contract is to create Coffee Gang and for LMA to gain 50 lb and quit on his last season ( of a bonus he got for that incentive).
    Not that new. Spurs were inserting incentives into Bonner's contract more than a decade ago:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...story.amp.html

Back in the 2010 season the Spurs had an incentive as boring as Tim Duncan's dinner parties—if Bonner's combined shooting percentages equaled up to 169 percent, then the Red Rocket would go home with an extra $100,000.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly they should be shooting threes because it's the right play, not because they could get paid to do it. But that's just my opinion...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question: For Rudy, is that one incentive for making all of the metrics combined or does each metric have it's own incentive payment?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A question: For Rudy, is that one incentive for making all of the metrics combined or does each metric have it's own incentive payment?
    Sounds like it has to be all done together stating with 52 game winner lol

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff.

Murray's TS% is way below 58% though. 51.5% going into tonight. However, he has drastically improved his turnover rate (15.4% last season, 9.9% this season). That's not enough to make up a 6.5% deficit in TS%, but it's a bit of a shame that it's not an incentive because he deserves credit for cutting down the turnovers so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs actually pioneered the concept of incentive-based contracts very early on -- when they first entered the NBA as I recall. It was considered a small market innovation that the players union opposed (again, as I recall).

I thought that the league eventually prohibited such contracts but I guess not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would like to know.
    Rudy is going to make the 3 pt % (37.5 currently at 38.4) however is not going to come even close the others, but would still be nice to know which of these incentive contracts are All or None.

Years ago i got a few responses (vast minority from the group as a whole) from the San Antonio sports media when asking why Pop benched Splitter in favor of Bon Bon. I could try again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff.

Murray's TS% is way below 58% though. 51.5% going into tonight. However, he has drastically improved his turnover rate (15.4% last season, 9.9% this season). That's not enough to make up a 6.5% deficit in TS%, but it's a bit of a shame that it's not an incentive because he deserves credit for cutting down the turnovers so much.
    The Spurs actually pioneered the concept of incentive-based contracts very early on -- when they first entered the NBA as I recall. It was considered a small market innovation that the players union opposed (again, as I recall).

I thought that the league eventually prohibited such contracts but I guess not.
    Wonder if DJ's incentives are the same for this season.

Dejounte Murray's contract extension calls for him to make an extra $500,000 every season with
    true shooting percentage above 58 percent
    He can also get an extra $500,000 for making 125-plus threes. Currently at 82.
    and being selected to an All-Defensive Team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just give Murray an extra 500k for being one of three players who show up every night. That’s what is great about Cuban; you know he cuts guys cheques for putting in work and being loyal.

Thread Information